JULIE WHITE!

broadwaybaby086
#50re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:44pm

There was a news story at some point about a mounting in California I am sure, because I remember being excited that my friends in LA would now have the opportunity to see the play and her performance. However, now I cannot for the life of me find the press release. Any ideas, anyone?

Oh, found it. Source not at all reliable.

Thread: Little Dog Laughed in SF w/Julie White and James Marsters

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...
Updated On: 6/11/07 at 07:44 PM

broadwaybaby086
#51re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/11/07 at 7:55pm

Double post. It has been cancelled. So sad.

""The Little Dog Laughed" Update

The play "The Little Dog Laughed" that James was to have starred in this summer has been permanently cancelled. The financial backers have decided to pull out at the last minute..."
About halfway down the page

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#52re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/11/07 at 8:22pm

She made that weak show very watchable, which was quite an acheivment. Good for her!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#53re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:06pm

a tad bit random, but i uploaded the Julie White speech video to YouTube at about 2 this afternoon, and it still isn't like...loaded. Like, it just says its still processing.

Is that a bad thing? haha, sorry, I'd like to get this up for everyone to see...

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#54re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/11/07 at 10:11pm

Actually RentBoy, she didn't miss a show, she was just late. She thought it was at 3 instead of 2, so they held the curtain for her.

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#55re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/12/07 at 9:56pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8CQ5XmJUQtY

here is the speech. and sorry it is so out of focus- when i filmed it on my tv screen (sad, huh?) it was completely centered on her, but something happened when i uploaded it and it shifted the whole video to the side. youll see if you watch the video!
but i might try and reupload it and see if that helps, but anyways, heres the speech for now :)

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#56re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/15/08 at 7:56pm

Bumping because we were just given more reasons to adore this brilliant woman tonight!

So glad she won last year!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#57re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/15/08 at 7:57pm

Julie White is AMAZING. I love her.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#58re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/15/08 at 8:08pm

Julie White + Michael Cerveris = a double act for the twenty-first century.

If anyone's ever organising a charity auction, see if you can get these two to donate an evening of their time to be your drinking buddies. I will pay WHATEVER IT TAKES to win that honour!

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#59re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/15/08 at 8:10pm

Weez - I would so out bid you for that.

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#60re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:23am

The pre-show was fabulous. I would bid in that drinking buddies auction, too!

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#61re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:31am

I guess the pre-show wasn't on NY1 because I am sure I didn't see her.

I missed Little Dog Laughed, but I saw From Up Here twice. She has become one of my favorite performers. I was watching her acceptance speech for the TONYs last year earlier today. She probably has the best personality on Broadway. I love this woman.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#62re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:43am

I wish they would dump Susan Haskins from Theater Talk and let Julie White host it with Michael Riedel. That would be amazing.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Harpo Profile Photo
Harpo
#63re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:20am

Ms. Julie took away the bad taste that was left from the Red Carpet coverage i.e. Patrick Pacheco.

UnderTheHill
#64re: JULIE WHITE!
Posted: 6/17/08 at 5:47pm

Julie White and Michael Cerveris were fantastic at the Tonys, they kept everything moving along, with lots of wit. Les Liasions Dangereuses... they couldn't get enough of saying that. Don't know did the broadcast show this, but Julie White was making a comment after the awards were given and before the main show started about turning off your cellphones, Blackberries, pagers, beepers, watches, and anything else that made a noise. Michael Cerveris came in and said "and if you still own a beeper, do yourself a favor and get a cellphone, all your friends are talking about you."