Jaystarr revisited

Up In Lost
#25re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/24/07 at 8:12pm

OMFG. Fanadu, love it. Almost as good as Batophiles.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#26re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/24/07 at 9:50pm

saw the show sat onstage loved it with cheynne
its a really good and fun show

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

Dollypop
#27re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/24/07 at 10:04pm

Craig, no offense was taken. You make a very good point about younger bones healing quicker. We should also mention that James has dancer's training and his muscles and tendons may be in better shape to being with.

Still, I like to boast that the orthopedists and pediatrists who took care of me after my car accident couldn't get over the speed with which I recovered.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

sbflyfan Profile Photo
sbflyfan
#28re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 5:24pm

Does Kira sing "Suspended in Time"? And if so, what's the staging/lighting like? That's my favorite part from the movie.

"I'm seeing the LuPone in Key West later this week. I'm hoping for great vocals and some sort of insane breakdown..." - BenjaminNicholas2

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#29re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 5:29pm

SPOILERS ********

Yup- Kira sings "Suspended in Time" while she is riding Pegasus on the way to Mount Olympus.

Staging : She rode this wooden white Pegasus and she was lifted way above the stage with white clouds coming down (about 6 clouds) giving the illusion that she was going up to the sky (while she was singing the song)

While Sonny Mallone & Danny McGuire saw her up in the sky, they realized that she was indeed " a greek muse" - it was Kira (muse that inspired Sonny) & Tangerine (muse that inspired Danny ) they were the same person. Sonny then realized that he must go to Mt. Olympus even though its "tall and in the meditterean" Danny advised Sonny to not let go of Kira as he did with Tangerine 35 yrs ago..

J*
Updated On: 6/25/07 at 05:29 PM

jimnysf
#30re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 5:29pm

I'd like Cheyenne to stay. He can partially bring in some sort of crowd with his large Broadway fanbase

Huh? "All Shook Up" didn't last very long so where is his large Broadway fan base?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#31re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 7:43pm

Maybe his name has a higher profile now that he's done that and a few other things, most notable, 'United 93'

Plus he's "a friggin' bombshell"

C is for Company
#32re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 7:46pm

What singingbackup said. Plus, if the man wins that title about hottest guy on Broadway or something, I'd like to think that people are taking more of an interest in him. I've already seen at least 3-5 people buy tickets since news of his arrival has set in for the sole reason that he is the convincing factor to bring them in.

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#33re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 8:03pm

"fANADU's" I like it!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

bobert5353
#34re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 8:11pm

Is Kerry not taking photos with anyone or was it just because she was in a hurry?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#35re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 9:09pm

bobert5353-I'm sorry- but I really did not get your question? Kerry not taking photos or in hurry ?? I was wonderin' as to where did you get that info? (not throwing shade or anything)

I have seen the show twice..and I had witness that ( see my Report on Page1) Kerry always take time to sign autographs & pose with fans.

Actually I had a picture with her ( see above : Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on Xanadu)
To my knowledge- Kerry Butler is always nice to her fans , so with the rest of the cast ...or are you talking about Cheyenne? bec. I did not get a picture of him bec. he was in rehearsall last Saturday afternoon.

BTW- I love the name "fANADUs" - Im in!!! so when can we start our OFFICIAL
fANADU love thread ????

J*

Updated On: 6/25/07 at 09:09 PM

bobert5353
#36re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 10:06pm

Yeah I meant pose with fans. I was just curious because the original poster did not have a posed picture WITH her.

museboy
#37re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 10:34pm

Ive seen it 3 times so i guess that makes me a Fanadu! lol

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#38re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 10:38pm

I had a picture with her (Kerry Butler) in my 1st posting ( I referenced it on the top of page) This is actually my second posting already regarding the show.

I decided not to have to picture with her last Saturday (2 pm matinee ) bec. I really dont wanna hog her time , specially bec. there were still some fans waiting for her.
I was actually waiting for Cheyenne Jackson, Andre Ward , Kenita Miller, Anita Larsen
and Jackie Hoffman bec. I did not get a chance to have a picture with them last week when I saw the show bec. I was talking to Curtis Holbrook (though I met all of them except Jackie )

Though- I was told earlier by Dan Knetges that they will stay for a while after the show for some dance revisions with Cheyenne (who just joined the cast recently) so originally I did not intend to stick around. But I saw Kerry Butler who came out for the fans -so I medled a bit. That's how I got her pics..

Hope I clarify it

J*
Updated On: 6/25/07 at 10:38 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#39re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/25/07 at 10:59pm

Believe me, Cheyenne is getting people to see the show. I know a bunch of people who had no interest in Xanadu untill he joined the cast.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
#40re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/26/07 at 6:47am

I'm not sure how much Cheyenne will boost ticket sales but I was one of those people who saw the show because he joined the cast (and yeah, I did have a great time - damn he's eye candy at its best).

broadwayjim42
#41re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/26/07 at 8:19am

Not that this adds much to the discussion, especially since it's a different body part, but when I broke my wrist four years ago, my entire recovery period, from casts to brace to clean bill of health, was just over three months.

All depends on how he heals.

Becky
#42re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy
Posted: 6/26/07 at 12:18pm

Believe me, Cheyenne is getting people to see the show. I know a bunch of people who had no interest in Xanadu untill he joined the cast.

I fall into that category re: Jaystarr revisits XANADU again with Cheyenne Jackosn as Sonny Malloy