pixeltracker

Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED

Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#1Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 5:55am

How many theatres actually check student id's?

If I went with just my state id...would they still let me get the rush ticket?

I AM a student...I just dont have an Id Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...
Updated On: 6/26/07 at 05:55 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 6:44am

If it's a student rush, they will check for a student ID. If it's general rush or any of the lotteries, a state-issued ID will do.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

littlelotte64 Profile Photo
littlelotte64
#2re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:10am

if your a high school student your lucky, because you can just bring a recent report card.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#3re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:25am

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/index.php?rush=show#1069

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:43am

I remember I was going to rush a show, but didn't have my student ID yet. My friend was going to see if he could get his student ID at NYU. Luckily he was able to. If not, I was prepared with my license and acceptance letter as well as additional papers from my college verifying that I was a student. If box offices see you go through all that trouble to try to prove you are a student, will they give you the tickets?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#5re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 2:12pm

Logan...I believe they were asking if a show had student rush if a student ID was required. Not which shows have student rush.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#6re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 5:07pm

I'm still iffy about Student Rush beacause I'm in middle school, so I have a feeling they'll be harder on me or just suspect I'm getting cheap tickets for my mom or something.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#7re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 10:00pm

There were a few times when I forgot to bring my student ID with me, but the box offices would sell me tickets anyway. Just make sure you look like a student and that rush for the show you want to see is not in demand. I think the hotter shows would be more strict about carding. When a show hasn't managed to sell all of its student rush tickets 20 minutes before curtain, they'll usually sell them to anyone who claims to be a student.

Maybe I just got lucky those few times, but it's worth a try. The worst they can do is just not sell you a ticket.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"
Updated On: 6/26/07 at 10:00 PM

i*heart*fame
#8re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 10:54pm

millie_dillmount, when I did JB rush last Wednesday I'd lost my student id from my high school and I'm going to college next year and I brought the mail from the school about how to go about getting my new id and I printed out stuff from the website where you go to get it which shows how tog et it and what it will look like but without the picture. It was fine.

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#9re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/26/07 at 11:32pm

Just a warning: they won't take anything but an ACTUAL student ID at LEGALLY BLONDE. My brother gave them his report card, and they refused him tickets.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#10re: Rushing a show...GENERAL INFO NEEDED
Posted: 6/27/07 at 12:31am

There are actually high schools without IDs issued still? I figured when the ones in Raleigh, NC had them, they'd be pretty much universal.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos