LB Student Rush

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#1LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 6:35pm

I am going to NY over Labor Day Weekend and want to student rush the saturday matinee. A friend of mine told me the student rush for legally Blonde is nuts and I have to get there super early. Has anyone done student rush for this show and is this true?

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 6:44pm

The line was down to McDonald's and forced to curve around by about 8:00 this Saturday. I can only imagine what it'll be like LaborDay weekend. I'd plan on 7am at the latest.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

bwaydoc Profile Photo
bwaydoc
#2re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 7:21pm

Ditto what jordangirl said. I was there yesterday as well. I got there at 7:10 and was 13th in line. I'd be safe and not get there any later than 7-7:30, the earlier the better.

I wish I could go back to college. Life was so simple back then. - Kate Monster.

"Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?" - George, Grey's Anatomy

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#3re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 7:26pm

What would be a good time to get there on a weekday?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 7:27pm

bwaydoc ~ you must have been close to me. I got there a little before 7. Are you the one who was studying pediatrics books?

obsessed ~ I don't know...I'd think 8 might be safe? I'm teaching summer school in addition to my classes, so weekends are my only chance to rush things right now.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 7/15/07 at 07:27 PM

broadwaybaby086
#5re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 8:07pm

obsessed- I went on Thursday and there were seven people in line by 6:40. I would say 7, 7:30 at the latest.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#6re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 8:54pm

The first person is usually in line by 5am.

bwaydoc Profile Photo
bwaydoc
#6re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:13pm

jordangirl - Yup, that was me :)!

I wish I could go back to college. Life was so simple back then. - Kate Monster.

"Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?" - George, Grey's Anatomy

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#7re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:25pm

Cool! I was in the purple Xanadu hoodie ~ not too far up from you! :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

bwaydoc Profile Photo
bwaydoc
#8re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/15/07 at 9:40pm

Oh, I remember you - I noticed the purple Xanadu sweatshirt and pointed it out to my friend because I thought it was cute!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#9re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/16/07 at 4:14am

Thanks! :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#10re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/17/07 at 11:45am

Thanks for the input, I guess Im gonna have to buy in advance then cuz I am not getting up that early.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#11re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/17/07 at 11:52am

How is rush on a Sunday? Also, are any of the main cast members taking vacation soon? (sorry if that's kind of off-topic). I've wanted to see this since forever so I'm just wondering. Thank you!

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#12re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:01pm

we'll be in NYC Saturday August 11th and would like to try the matinee... will def be there no later than 7a.m., but what time do the actual tickets go on sale? and where are they? any obstructed views?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#13re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/17/07 at 12:47pm

I'd imagine Sunday is much the same.

For a Saturday they go on sale at 10am. They're usually the front couple of rows, and it's obstructed in that the stage is really high. You miss the dog entrances. I've heard they do the "orchestra boxes" too, which I assume is the chairs on the sides. I don't know how the view is from there.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#14re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/17/07 at 2:05pm

Whoops, what I meant was does anyone know what time people start lining up on a Sunday? Is 10AM a good time to get there or is that too late?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#15re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/17/07 at 2:07pm

I'd still think 8 would be pushing it for a Sunday. Walking around the theatre district early on Saturdays and Sundays, there doesn't seem to be much difference. Just bring a bigger book on Sunday. :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#16re: LB Student Rush
Posted: 7/17/07 at 3:08pm

Whoops, what I meant was does anyone know what time people start lining up on a Sunday? Is 10AM a good time to get there or is that too late?

I would say 10am is pretty late on a Sunday, especially the longer we get into summer, more kids on vacay, out of school, etc. But it totally varies...I would suggest, though, go on a day when you could be flex about which show you see, matinee or evening- we rushed for a Sun matinee one day and were towards the front of the line, and there were all these people in the wayback of the line who I didn't think would be getting tix, but I guess the people in between us on line all wanted evening or something, because I saw some of the wayback people there in the second row rush seats during the matinee.