pixeltracker

What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??- Page 4

What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??

Virgo
#75re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/26/07 at 3:53pm

Nikki has another movie on tap and an album coming out. I think she's going to be very busy, especially since she already has her second movie lined up and hairspray's first week hasn't even cooled off yet.

http://www.eonline.com/movies/lyonsden/detail/index.jsp?uuid=1106623d-c813-4d14-81ef-00d75dc6d2fa

Nikki Blonsky: On Ice Cream and What's Next

You heard it here first: Nikki Blonsky, star of the hit musical Hairspray, will be nominated for a Golden Globe this year (for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture—Musical or Comedy). Apparently, I'm the first person to go out on a limb with this one, but to be honest, I don't see it as a risky bet at all. She's that good in the film.

I had the chance to hang with the Lyons Den reader and Daily 10 watcher over frozen hot chocolates at New York's Serendipity, a famous ice cream parlor/coffee shop/tourist attraction/Ben-Lyons-in-the-sixth-grade date spot. We talked Globes and beyond—as in, what's next for a young breakout.

Nikki was so taken aback by my claim that she invited me, should I be right, to the Globes as her date! Now I'm really hoping she gets the nomination.

Then she told me about her next project, another movie that begins production right when she returns from promoting Hairspray. She couldn't give me too many details, but she did say she is not singing or dancing in the film.

She returns to singing, though, in an upcoming album she's planning to release sometime next year. At some point, she does want to do Broadway, as it has been a lifelong dream of hers.

So, a new movie, an album on the way and a future on Broadway. And to think that a year ago she was just an average teenager working at a Cold Stone in Great Neck, Long Island. Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more deserving person. Congrats, Nikki!

nyc44
#76re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:49pm

I agree with what rgaywrites said. It will be extremely difficult if not impossible to have a huge career in hollywood with the way she looks wight now. And I'm sure the blockbuster movie roles she does get will only be supporting. I could see her however doing a few made-for-tv movies. Also, I'm surprised this thread has turned into a debate about weight and health because really, what's most important is how she looks. Nikki's already proved she's at least fairly healthy from her dancing anyway.

Kringas
#77re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/26/07 at 4:57pm

Also, I'm surprised this thread has turned into a debate about weight and health because really, what's most important is how she looks.

Ha! Thank you, Amneris.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

soapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
#78re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/26/07 at 7:03pm

Kringas, NYC is right though. If she looked like Paris Hilton and had the same health problems she'd still have no problems getting a job.

I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#79re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/26/07 at 8:57pm

Really that is true. An actor can be a multi-marathon winner or a heart attack waiting to happen, but if they look like Angelia Jolie, Jessica Alba, Catherine Zeta Jones it really doesn't matter.

Honestly, Nikki is really cute, but her line readings just felt off. Her acting during her singing was great, but her line readings felt very "musical theatre high school student" if you know what I mean.

But then again she is only 18, and has lots of time to grow. I do hope she gets good jobs. Teenagers need a role model that shows them you can be a success, even if you aren't a size 2.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

Rymes_With_Witch Profile Photo
Rymes_With_Witch
#80re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/27/07 at 4:48pm

Has anyone heard if they've announced what her new movie is going to be yet? Or any details?

Christy323 Profile Photo
Christy323
#81re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/27/07 at 5:03pm

I watched an interview today saying that she can't really talk about it yet, but they should be finalizing the deal within the next couple of days, so hopefully we'll hear about it soon!

Rymes_With_Witch Profile Photo
Rymes_With_Witch
#82re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/27/07 at 5:15pm

I think I saw the same thing...aaah! I can't wait to find out what it is!

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#83re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/28/07 at 3:47pm

I for one wish Nikki the best. I think she does have potential for a career in Holywood or eventually on Broadway. I am sure that many parents of teens/pre-teens would welcome Nikki as a role model vs several of the current thin female teen idols that are getting into a lot of trouble as of late, and think they area above the law. America Ferrera doesn't have the "typical" Hollywood physique, but she is doing quite well, and don't forget Queen Latifah. I am hopeful that times are changing and Hollywood will start to cast more "real" women, who aren't afraid to be themselves.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#84re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:41pm

Nikki did a radio interview here last week where she said she was finalizing negotiations on her second film project, aformentioned in this thread.

She was also asked if she'd do "Hairspray" on Broadway, and she said she already recieved an offer to do so and turned it down (quickly following with the excuse that her and Zac Efron want to coordinate their schedules and do the show in New York together next year, however unlikely.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Miss B. L. T. Down Profile Photo
Miss B. L. T. Down
#85re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:49pm

If she looked like Paris Hilton and had the same health problems she'd still have no problems getting a job.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Paris Hilton became famous because of her wealth. She would never have become famous for her looks...which could best be described as um....well....interesting. Being famous doesn't = being attractive. Paris is famous. That's all.

Love Changes NOTHING

Coolness_
#86re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:13pm

She should go back to Cold Stone Creamery.
She wasn't even that fantastic.

SporkGoddess
#87re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/28/07 at 6:06pm

You know, guys, there is a happy medium between being morbidly obese and being emaciated. Just saying.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 7/28/07 at 06:06 PM

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#88re: What Should Be Next for Nikki Blonsky??
Posted: 7/31/07 at 11:28am

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3iafbe4ad5b51be15bfafcf60fee6a2513

NEW YORK -- Ally Sheedy, Colin Quinn and Nikki Blonsky are joining the cast of the teen comedy "Harold."

Blonsky -- in her first role since starring in the hit film musical "Hairspray" -- plays Rhonda, the nerdy best friend of balding teen Harold (Spencer Breslin). "The Breakfast Club" star Sheedy returns to the high school comedy genre as Maureen, a mother who helps her prematurely aging son cope with incessant teasing.

Quinn plays Reedy, a drunken barfly who's a regular at a strip club Harold frequents. Cuba Gooding Jr., one of the film's producers, plays a school janitor who befriends the troubled title character.

Filming on "Harold" has just begun in Blonsky's hometown of Great Neck, N.Y. The 18-year-old actress had no idea the movie would be shot there when she auditioned. "The set is my middle school," she said. "It's kinda creepy. I didn't have the best time there, so going back is definitely cooler."

Her brother attends the school and, in another coincidence, is in some of the same classes as the daughter of producer Morris S. Levy, who happened to attend high school alongside Blonsky's mother. "My brother went to his daughter's bat mitzvah," she said.

"I read a bunch of scripts after 'Hairspray,' but this was really funny and had so much life in it. I'm playing an outcast again, but not necessarily because of the whole 'plus-size' thing," Blonsky added, referring to the weight that helped her land the role of Tracy Turnblad. "It's because my character marches to the beat of her own drummer."

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"