pixeltracker

My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#1My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:20am

Hey!

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the help in planning my theater trip to NY. I got lots of helpful codes, and suggestions from so many people! So thanks so much!

Anyways...here's what my trip is gonna be:

JULY 26-AUGUST 6, 2007

Xanadu
Grey Gardens
110 in the Shade (Closing Performance)
Beauty and the Beast (Closing Performance)
Forbidden Broadway
RENT (Adam/ Anthony Opening Night)
Mary Poppins
Phantom of the Opera
The Color Purple
Les Miserables
Spring Awakening
Legally Blonde
The Drowsy Chaperone
Altar Boyz
Spamalot

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

(Also depending on what time I get to my hotel room on the 26, I may or may not go see Gypsy)

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#2re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:37am

Sounds like a GREAT trip. I wish I could do that.

I hope you get to see GYPSY as well. It's spectacular.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Parks
#2re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:44am

Sure. Just rub it in our faces :-P.

Well...I plan on taking a trip to NYC in the next few months and I'm going to see a show or 2...so...ha!

re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#3re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:57am

Good show list. I saw quite a few of those when I went to NYC. I saw 12 shows in 7 days. Let's just say I need a day off from shows just so I could sleep in and recuperate. Give us a report when you get back.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#4re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 4:01am

Wow! That looks......exhausting. Exhausting and awesome! Have a great trip!

Bwayfan4
#5re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:15am

Wow, I'm jealous! I think you are going to need MAJOR amounts of caffeine for this tip! :) Have a great time...looking forward to reading your reviews...

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#6re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:29am

And you're not seeing A Chorus Line?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#7re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:32am

You MAY or MAY NOT go see GYPSY??????????????????????? ?????????????????????? ??????????????????

YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Updated On: 7/24/07 at 09:32 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#8re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:35am

I have refined your list:

Xanadu
Grey Gardens
110 in the Shade (Closing Performance)
Beauty and the Beast (Closing Performance)
Gypsy
RENT (Adam/ Anthony Opening Night)
Mary Poppins
Phantom of the Opera
The Color Purple
Les Miserables
Spring Awakening
Gypsy
The Drowsy Chaperone
Gypsy
Gypsy

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#9re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:36am

I've seen about 3/4 of the shows on that list. Have fun! Did you happen to get onstage seats for Xanadu?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

sarab Profile Photo
sarab
#10re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 9:58am

Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy all of the shows!

Follow your bliss! I love Will Chase! I love Lisa Brescia! I love Stephanie J. Block!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#11re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:06am

"Also depending on what time I get to my hotel room on the 26, I may or may not go see Gypsy"

I'd say it's worth just dropping stuff off (or storing it with bell services) and going to see Gypsy.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#12re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:19am

Have a great time, you will Love LB its so much fun.

Cant wait to see Your review for Rent.

110 is also a great show

Have fun.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#13re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:19am

Listen to jordangirl - she's seems like a wise gal.

--Aristotle

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#14re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:25am

Drop Legally Blonde & Les Miserables , instead go see GYPSY ( I wish I can see it too ! )
and A Chorus Line (much better revival than Les Miserables !)

I am just kiddin' - Hope you have a great time !! enjoy the shows & get back with the reviews and.......pictures too...

XANADU & GREY GARDENS- Excellent choices ! What a good way to start your Broadway Binge re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

J*

Updated On: 7/24/07 at 10:25 AM

Yankeefan007
#15re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:27am

Just as an aside, I'm still surprised I haven't seen Phantom.

I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about that show...if it's worth it or not with this cast.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#16re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:29am

Yankee- Me too !- I have NOT SEEN Phantom on Broadway .. just the touring company in Boston at Wang Center...Besides I dont really like Andrew Lloyd Weber re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days! that much

I never been to the MAJESTIC THEATER at all !

J*

Updated On: 7/24/07 at 10:29 AM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#17re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 10:38am

While I saw an understudy rehearsal of PHANTOM, I must admit I have never seen the show as well. I've been meaning to, but new shows just keep opening and PHANTOM will NEVER close (just look at last week's grosses). I'll see it on Broadway eventually. Definitely before it closes (in the year 2040). You HAVE to say you saw the original production of the longest-running show on Broadway!!

--Aristotle

IAMmyownMUSICAL
#18re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:38pm

MILLIE- YES I have onstage seats for Xanadu...there was no other place I could think of sitting! It just seems like so much fun...plus I want that dam glowstick, hahaha

And yea, I will post all my reviews when I get back! re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

As for GYPSY- I want to see it, trust me I do. But I might not get to my hotel until 7:00-7:30...so it really all depends on if I have any delays or not. SO LET'S HOPE I DONT...cause I need to see me some Patti re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#19re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:44pm

and...

How about your your pictures ? I actually very happy bec. more & more people were posting their pics here now... Its the NEW GENERATION of BWW !
It's more personal....

for me...( about my threads)

re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

J*

IAMmyownMUSICAL
#20re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 5:46pm

Haha yes, there will be pictures! re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#21re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:04pm

Oops. I just realized something.. that's ITS HARD to post mutiple pictures here in the thread ( I get that question or pm-ed a lot ) It depends on your browsers...I know that Clumsy Dude can post mutiple pics too (we probably share the same browser or secret - dont reveal it-clumsy )- it might be tricky !

If it does not work... Dont worry about it re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

J*

Edit : Clumsy- Dont reveal it - its like our X-MEN's super power or Heroes "special gift " or someone might take it away from us and we wont be able to post pics anymore... re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!

BTW- Yankee taught me another "superpower " trick today- Thanks so much !!!

Updated On: 7/24/07 at 06:04 PM

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#22re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 6:55pm

I took a red eye from San Jose to NYC and arrived at 7am and got to the hotel around 8:30am and they had our room available and we went and got coffee then took a two hour nap and then went to see Mary Poppins and Altar Boyz. That was quite something and we weren't really tired considering we didn't sleep much on the plane. You should totally go to see Gypsy.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

IAMmyownMUSICAL
#23re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 7:16pm

my flight arrives in the PM, not AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#24re: My NY Trip! 15 shows in 10 days!
Posted: 7/24/07 at 7:41pm

Well... City Center does have a coat/bag check... If that's an option. :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Videos