pixeltracker

who's leaving in spring awakening?

who's leaving in spring awakening?

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#1who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:53pm

i just saw a comment on a skylar astin message board about someone going to see the show in december, but was upset because he was leaving?

i know krysta rodriguez has left... but is anyone else supposed to leave? who and when? and has it been confirmed?

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

jg4892
#2re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:59pm

Gideon's leaving August 25th.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:07pm

Sklar Astin (and probably Phoebe Strole) is leaving at the end of the year to do Next To Normal (formally Feeling Electric) Off-Broadway in the spring.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 7/30/07 at 11:07 PM

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#3re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:10pm

^ No they aren't.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#4re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:13pm

There's a Skylar message board?

somethingwicked
#5re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:30pm

antiandrewx, from Astin's own mouth last month: "I'm leaving for a few months at the end of the year to do Next To Normal Off-Broadway. If all goes well, I'll come back to the show once it finishes."

I assume Strole will also be apart of the Second Stage run as I was told they're retaining most (if not all) of the cast from the last workshop.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#6re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:33pm

Oh, okay. It's just that Pun (a producer - runs the Myspace) just posted today that Skylar and Phoebe will NOT be doing Next To Normal because it would be a severe pay cut and it wouldn't be worth it to leave.

somethingwicked
#7re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:36pm

antiandrewx, things could have changed by now as Astin said that when they were probably in the midst of negotiation the contracts, but that was his stance at the time.

We'll see if it worked out or not.

#8re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:43am

as you've heard, rumors are flying about lea michele leaving for elphaba in wicked.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#9re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:44am

Over my dead body she'll get Elphaba.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

jg4892
#10re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:47am

Haha, how do you plan on stopping her glinda? :)

#11re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:56am

I agree, I dont' want her to get it either, but she's definately famous enough for it.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#12re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:57am

I can't stop her. And I'm not going to try because she could totally take me! re: who's leaving in spring awakening?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

TapTapTapioca
#13re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:59am

Is that the project that Anthony Rapp was also working on?

I have a friend who is going in for a callback tomorrow, but she is relatively young so I guess there is a part of a teenager in it.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

#14re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:13am

What are you talking about??

Oh, Next to Normal. Yep, Senor Rapp is returning as Dr. Madden. !!

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#15re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:35am

So Next to Normal will be played in spring 2008? On 2nd stage site, it says winter 2007. But when you say "winter" 2007, will it be like December 2007? "Winter" is Dec through Feb(or March) to me in NYC. I would love to see the show and I keep my fingers crossed so that Ben Schreder will be in the cast too.

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#16re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 11:21am

I've heard tons of rumors that Lea Michele is going to leave. And I also heard that Skylar is no longer with Feeling Electric. I don't know about Phoebe Strole.

broadwayboy1017
#17re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 11:33am

lea michele IS leaving in october, she is still in talks with wicked. marc platt still believes she is too young to play elphaba and she is asking fro WAY too much money.

playbilled
#18re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 3:14pm

Okayyyyy...

Skylar and phoebe don't know about whether or not they're leaving yet because Next to Normal is still casting for the off-broadway run...just because they did a reading doesn't mean they are coming back...or can. They also are still trying to decide if they would even leave for that.

Lea...guys this is a very old and very false rumor. Someone made up an october date earlier that was completely false. Her contract is until November anyway. She even stated on her myspace that this was a rumor that had gotten out of hand. It is not happening.

stageagent13
#19re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 7:52pm

What about the rest of the cast? Where is Gideon going and who is replacing him?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#20re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 8:08pm

A guy named Blake Daniel will be replacing Gideon.

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#21re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 9:57pm

Broadwayboy, do you have any proof for what you said?

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#22re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 10:02pm

Gideon is going to the Roundabout production of "Speech & Debate" in October.

stageagent13
#23re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/6/07 at 11:19pm

Is there news about the others?

silversurfer2
#24re: who's leaving in spring awakening?
Posted: 8/7/07 at 9:41am

As far as I have heard, JGallagher is in contract negoitations. No word on anyone else.

Videos