pixeltracker

ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.- Page 5

ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#100re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 5/20/08 at 10:37am

When does the new Melchoir start? I was hoping to see him tonight as well but it doesn't appear as though I will.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#101re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 5/20/08 at 11:33am

i felt the same impression about lea the only two times i went during the sex scene. the new melichor who will be soon on tour with the show kyle riabko starts friday and jesse will be in the role as melichor today, tommorrow and thursday. yes alexandra starts today and i wished her well and she will be fine this past saturday and she said thank you but shes all nervous and excited for tonight. can not wait to see her next month.

LittlexFallxOfxRain
#102re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 5/21/08 at 7:13pm

Okay, here's my take:

1) Wendla is not 12, she is 14 or 15.

2) It is rape like, but not rape. She is confused, but she agrees to it, even though she doesn't know what the consequences are (obviously...)

3) The cast has gone downhill for me. I'm sorry, but I'm dissapointed. They could have found better replacements.

jake6970
#103re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 5/21/08 at 7:32pm

Alexandra looks no younger than 15 or 16...she isn't too young looking imo.

citircasenoyreve
#104re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 6/20/08 at 11:06am

Saw it last night.Was extremely shocked at the poor quality in Alexandras vocal performance.She is definitely not Broadway caliber.Certainly with all the kids who auditioned as replacements they could have found a new Wendla that had both acting and vocal talent appropriate for Broadway.They should revisit their selection process and replace her.I know it sounds harsh, but the only people I believe who will walk away from her performance feeling like they saw a Broadway show are those teens and young adults who don't know talent when they see it and are simply cuaght up in the hype of this musical.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#105re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 6/20/08 at 11:18am

I was there last night as well and I have to disagree with you. I think Alexandra Socha is an excellent Wendla both vocally and acting wise. I find her to be a superior actress to Lea Michelle and from what I have heard, she's a much kinder person.

I find it funny that you dug this thread out of the ashes that was started my Lauren_T who has so much bitterness regarding Spring Awakening that she takes every opportunity she can to slam it, even when it is unfounded.

Last night was a bad show music wise. They must have had a new guitar player because every sound that began with a guitar lead-in started off rough.
Updated On: 6/20/08 at 11:18 AM

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#106re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 6/20/08 at 11:21am

I saw the show this pass Sunday and thought Alexandra was a great Wendla. Her voice and acting were both good.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#107re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 6/20/08 at 11:28am

I have heard an audio of her and she is just incredible and cannot wait to see her in august.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

citircasenoyreve
#108re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 6/20/08 at 12:19pm

Tom...didn't dig it up at all...just googled Alexandra's name...this thread was number 1...so I read and saw many people did not have feedback about her performance so I felt the need to respond.She was a good actor and certainly will go far as she continues to develop her talent..but she should stick to acting as a performer.Last night she was flat multiple times during "Whispering"..not something you expect on Broadway.

MariusP
#109re: ALEXANDRA SOCHA as Wendla 8/25 Mat.
Posted: 7/1/08 at 9:12pm

I disagree. I don;t think she looks 12. I think she looks around 16 - which is appropriate. But the actor is obviously over 18- they wouldn't let her play the role otherwise.

Age aside, I also she think Alexandra does an amazing job with the role. She brings a genuine innocence to the role, which I haven't seen in the other actors playing Wendla.