pixeltracker

THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07- Page 2

THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#25re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:36am

<< I thought ariel's transformation into a human could have been done better. but eric drowning and ariel saving him was incredible >>

Could not agree more !!! Eric's drowning scene was very nicely done, but they really need to do more with the transformation scene. Needs something !!!

Still, the more I think about it (and buy more tickets! ), the more I liked the show !!! Sherie and Sierra are worth the price of admission !!! LOVED THEM !!!

sh-k-boom2 Profile Photo
sh-k-boom2
#26re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:49am

Can someone tell me what they were selling at the gift shop. i.e.-dolls, sovenir program etc.
thanks

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#27re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:57am

I saw like 3-4 different kind of tshirts (all for girls) and they were taking preorders for the CD for $25. I think there were also a few more little trinkets, but I didn't look that closely. I will buy the souvenir program when it comes out.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#27re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:21am

When are the souvenir programs expected to be released? I'm seeing the show the weekend before Thanksgiving (two weeks from today, actually), and I was hoping that they'd have them for sale by then.

PS - GREAT review, WithoutATrace - you've really rebooted the hope I had for this show. Based on your other reviews, it seems that we have INCREDIBLE similar tastes, so I can stop worrying about not enjoying The Little Mermaid - My FAVORITE Disney movie of all time!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

clarkstallings
#28re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:45am

Disney doesn't usually sell souvenir programs until opening night because they don't want all that many photos of the production leaked before the show opens.
Updated On: 11/4/07 at 01:45 AM

clarkstallings
#29re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:46am

Updated On: 11/4/07 at 01:46 AM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#30re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:52am

Thanks for the great review WAT!

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#30re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:58am

...ignore... Updated On: 11/4/07 at 01:58 AM

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#32re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 3:00am

I find it funny that people ignore all the positive things about the show and go straight to panning...

pharmer2000 Profile Photo
pharmer2000
#33re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 3:21am

WAT, as usual, gives us an awesome and well thought out review. I was there also and I enjoyed every part of this show from the performers, the music, the costumes, the lighting to the set design. Sherie Renee Scott's performance alone is worth the price of admission. I am eager to see this show again and again. If the first preview audiance is any indication of this shows popularity, they will do very well.

Testing1232
#34re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 5:59am

<< I find it funny that people ignore all the positive things about the show and go straight to panning...
>>

I dont know if you are referring to my review, Future, but I basically wanted to get past the few negatives (for me), and move on to what I liked about the show- (which FAR out-weighed any negatives)

The show does need tinkering (that is what previews are for, right?), but it is still VERY good !

The performaces are top-notch, and Sierra is a shining star, with a capital S.

Sherie is phenomenal in everything she does.

Tituss is a perfect Sebastian !!

Its going to be a hit, no doubt !!!

Okay-- to add to what WAT said about the merchandise. Yep, all children's t's (for girls) and women's (oh, they did have ONE boys shirt (a Flounder shirt)

The lapel pins are nice (especially for collectors- Only $5)

The had a nice keychain, and something else with gems, that I think were earrings.

CD pre-order ($25)
Show poster
Trying to think of others, but I think we have it covered.

Program is supposed to be out in a few weeks. They were taking more pics for it (from what we were told) during the show last night)

westcoast_wannabe Profile Photo
westcoast_wannabe
#35re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 6:02am

Just out of curiosity were any changes made to the end? There seemed to be quite a bit of negativity regarding the singing contest during the Denver run and I was just wondering if any of that had been changed.

Testing1232
#36re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 6:15am

Not sure about the Denver run, but the demise of Ursula COULD possibly be more powerful.

The "Under The Sea" (Reprise) during the final curtain was a nice touch- Tituss has PIPES, and it was a great way to end the evening.

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#37re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 6:15am

Sorry I didn't mean you Testing1232, I meant the person who wrote the blog panning Little Mermaid on that link I clicked that caitlinette posted.

Testing1232
#38re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 6:18am

Gotcha--- sorry--- !! Personally, I really enjoyed it (sounding like a broken record- sorry) as did WAT.

Dont worry.. despite a blog entry, or whatever else the critics might have probs with, the show (if last night was any indication), is going to be a GIGANTIC SUCCESS !!!

NewYorkYankee2006 Profile Photo
NewYorkYankee2006
#39re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 7:58am

sounds like the little mermaid had an awsum first broadway preview. hope they put a video up soon cos i can't wait to see what its like.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#40re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 11:16am

^Try YouTube. Anywhoo, I am going in March to see Mermaid and I hope the small changes can be improved . Overall, sounds great and can't wait to see it!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

sh-k-boom2 Profile Photo
sh-k-boom2
#41re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 11:38am

"Okay-- to add to what WAT said about the merchandise. Yep, all children's t's (for girls) and women's (oh, they did have ONE boys shirt (a Flounder shirt)"

What did the flounder shirt look like?

Rotel1026
#42re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 12:04pm

Do they have a magnet yet?

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#43re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 12:08pm

testing, do they offer standing room during previews? i'm going out on the 21st and im seeing YF in the day and wanna see this so bad at night, but it's sold out.

Testing1232
#44re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 12:14pm

<< What did the flounder shirt look like?

>>

It basically looked like the costume...lol

T-shirt that read, "I am no guppy" (or something like that)

sh-k-boom2 Profile Photo
sh-k-boom2
#45re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 12:53pm

ha thats great! I want one! This is a long shot but did you happen to see what sizes they had for the shirts? Like were they adult to kids size or just kid size? Thanks!

guymy13 Profile Photo
guymy13
#46re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:00pm

"Do they have a magnet yet?"

They do have a magnet. It is small and round(about 1.5 inch diameter) with the poster design (drawing of Ariel on the rock) and the shows logo underneath the glass. It's small, but I like it. It cost $5.

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#47re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07
Posted: 11/4/07 at 1:06pm

I heard someone say that at the end giant tenticles came out over the audience.

Can someone please clarify the ending, and Ursulas death.

Thanks re: THE LITTLE MERMAID - First Preview - 11/3/07