pixeltracker

"Xanadu"- 12/4- Patti Murin as "Kira/Clio"

"Xanadu"- 12/4- Patti Murin as "Kira/Clio"

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#1"Xanadu"- 12/4- Patti Murin as "Kira/Clio"
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:17pm

AMAZING !!!!!!!! For a 2nd performance, she was just so good !!! Her accent was excellent, she had the comedy down, and has a powerhouse voice ! ("Suspended in Time" was great!)

Great chemistry with Cheyenne !

For anyone going this week, you are in for a real treat ! So happy for her !!!

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#2re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:19pm

When is her last show as Kira? So dying to see her.

Testing1232
#2re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:21pm

I believe her last show (as Kira/Clio) is next Sunday.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#3re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/4/07 at 10:32pm

I went specifically tonight just to see her, and she was wonderful! So happy I caught her performance.

Was not so pleased to hear that Mary Testa made fun of my friend and me throughout the entire song "Strange Magic"...

wheelsinmotion Profile Photo
wheelsinmotion
#4re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 4:53am

Yeah, she got a big laugh from the audience trying to get your attention! The whole show was on fire last night. Annie Golden was on for Jackie and was amazing. Curtis Holbrook was acting a damn fool all night and had Andrew and I in stitches. The new girl, Kate...something, is great and HOT (this coming from a big 'ol gay). Cheyenne did an improve during "Strange Magic" where he...the most PG I can get is that he "slid into" Patti. It was so funny!!! And Patti... wow! I saw her as Sharpay in High School Musical in Atlanta and knew she was great, but she blew me away last night! fANADUs, go out and see her this week while you still have the chance!!!

You're hurt and you're scared because you doubt your own artistic ability.

Testing1232
#5re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:42am

Coming from this big 'ol straight guy (lol) ... yes, Kate IS gorgeous, and Patti is stunning as well ! Still cant believe that was only her second performance !!!

As far as Curtis... he has lost it !! (in a good way!) Show is worth seeing just for his antics !

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#6re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:49am

I enjoyed seeing Curtis give Andre a wet willie by sticking his finger in Andre's ear, and Andre trying not to laugh as Curtis poked around.

And during Strange Magic, I was watching Cheyenne and Patti attempt to draw with the broken pencil- when Patti broke the lead off, seeing them try to put it back in, just draw with the little lead tip (the sketchpad said "Kira is hard on pencils"), etc. Didn't realize Mary had been trying to get our attention until the very end, had no clue everyone in the audience was laughing at us. Oops :)

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#7re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 8:26am

Oh man - it sounds like you all had a ball last night.
My turn tonight. I'm already jumping for joy...

re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#8re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 10:45am

Man! I gotta get there... maybe it will snow today and I can go home early. Then I can come to the city... lol

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

Testing1232
#9re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 11:28am

<<, And during Strange Magic, I was watching Cheyenne and Patti attempt to draw with the broken pencil- when Patti broke the lead off, seeing them try to put it back in, just draw with the little lead tip (the sketchpad said "Kira is hard on pencils"), etc. Didn't realize Mary had been trying to get our attention until the very end, had no clue everyone in the audience was laughing at us. Oops :) >>

We werent laughing at you guys.. we were laughing at Mary--- she was just having a good time with it !! We ALL had a blast !!

Brandon and I noticed the pencil break too, but thanks for the heads-up about the writing on the skethpad--- awesome !!!

jezi Profile Photo
jezi
#10re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:10pm

Last night's show was super fun. The audience was quite responsive even if it wasn't a huge crowd. I loved Patti as Kira, she has an amazing voice and did a fantastic job making the role her own. I hope to see could see her again sometime. :)

How adorable would it be to see Patti/Kira with Curtis/Sonny? I just think they'd be extra cute together and had a nice chemistry even just during "Whenever You're Away From Me".

By the way, is there any truth the rumor that Curtis is leaving in January? I reaaaallly hope that's not true, I simply can't imagine the show without him.

Testing1232
#11re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:25pm

Hey... you guys were on-stage, right !!??? Yes, it was a great crowd !!

As far as Curtis- agree, the show wont be the same, but have a feeling people will be really happy to see him showcase his talent ! :)) He is an amazing performer !

SweetQintheLights
#12re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:35pm

Sorry, I know this is a bit off-topic.

Does anyone know when Cheyanne Jackson is scheduled to leave (if even scheduled yet).

Or, does anyone know if he has a scheduled absence in the near future?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#13re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:38pm

I miss Xanadu... I hope I can go back and see it again. My last visit to the Helen Hayes was Aug.25- oh my god !

J*

Testing1232
#14re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:53pm

I dont believe Cheyenne is schedule to leave anytime soon.

He MIGHT miss a day here and there because of the "Lifetime" gig, but heard they might be working around that, so all is well :))

SweetQintheLights
#15re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 3:55pm

Thanks Testing!

I am going to see Xanadu December 15th at 8:00 and am looking forward to seeing him!

The show is 90 minutes with no intermission, correct?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Ryan30 Profile Photo
Ryan30
#16re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 4:05pm

My first time to see Xanadu this weekend ..with my bf.. i'm excited !
Updated On: 12/5/07 at 04:05 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#17re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 4:26pm

re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio' Updated On: 12/5/07 at 04:26 PM

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#18re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 4:55pm

In a recent interview I watched, Cheyenne said he was in the show until July and they will work around his ridiculous number of schedules so yay!!! I'm wondering if Anika will go to the signing in January... thoughts?

re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#19re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:08pm

where is curtis going?

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

MuseOfVideoGames
#20re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:15pm

So exciting to hear that Patti is great. I'm flying into NY this weekend from L.A. for the very purpose of seeing her Saturday night and Sunday matinee! Not to bring any negativity here, but I never felt any desire to see Anika play the role, but something about Patti's energy on stage has always made me think she would do Kira proud.

Testing--your response about Curtis makes it sound like you know the rumor to be true? Is he leaving? I always think it's a huge loss when he misses a performance. His presence up there is one I truly think is irreplacable, no offense to any of those whose task it is to try if you're reading this.

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#21re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 6:29pm

Dumb question, Kerry Butler is out this entire week?

Testing1232
#22re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 7:27pm

Yep, Kerry is out until 12/11. Go see Patti if you can !

She is sooooo good !!

masterthes
#23re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 8:27pm

I'm so happy for her. If I knew she was going to end up going on for the lead, I would have definitely waited out to see her.

She's certainly become the most successful of our class of '98 so far. (That I know of, anyway. Our senior class was 406 strong, so it's very probable I'm wrong on that count. lol)

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#24re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
Posted: 12/5/07 at 10:52pm

OMFG - Patti was awesome tonight. She's gonna be a BIG STAR (BIG) you'll see re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

Videos