pixeltracker

GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)- Page 2

GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#25re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/19/08 at 7:37pm

I was parrinoid the first 20 mineutes of Parade. Then it happend in act 2 and I was like "HOLY ****"

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#26re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/19/08 at 7:37pm

I was parrinoid the first 20 mineutes of Parade. Then it happend in act 2 and I was like "HOLY ****"

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#27re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/19/08 at 7:46pm

My first show with gunshots was Sunset Blvd. I nearly flipped out of my seat.

I did Lucky Stiff this past summer, and there are around 5 gunshots during the show.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#28re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/19/08 at 9:02pm

When I saw Jersey Boys there was that one gunshot and it scared the bejesus out of me.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Dover
#29re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/19/08 at 11:27pm

The other gunshot in Phantom is at the end of Point of No Return, when the Phantom whisks Christine off, the Marksman shoots after him and Raoul pushes his arm away. The Phantom ones are good at scaring people, partially because the first one happens from the pit rail and so just a few inches from the audience, and also it's an actual gun as opposed to sound cues. Some other shows mentioned don't use real guns firing blanks -- for example (correct me if I'm remembering wrong) I think all the shots in Curtains are sound cues.

Mattbrain
#30re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:49am

There's a gunshot in Parade?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Rentfan931
#31re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/20/08 at 3:08pm

I had no idea that Parade had them. I thought the ones in Curtains were blanks just like in Jersey Boys.

Mattbrain
#32re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/20/08 at 4:07pm

I think I would've remembered a gun shot in Parade.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#33re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/20/08 at 9:20pm

I wish there was a litsting of gunshots on the websites for the musical. Both my sister and I have an aversion to loud sudden noises (heck, even a baloon popping can sometimes make me pee my pants), but we can usually live through it if we know about it ahead of time.

I'm so glad that my favoirte musical , Chicago, uses sound cues instead of blanks, or else I couldn't have gone to see it four times.

I think the one that scared me most was Miss Saigon. I knew it was coming at the end of Act One and Act Two, but when the second act one came around, I was really tired and didn't notice what Kim was doing until the bang. I literaly jumped out of my seat and into my friends arms. Embarassing to say the least.

p.s. For what it's worth, my high school production of South Pacific had no gun shots (just some sound cues of fireing in the distance), and I don't remember the show well enough to tell if there is any point of having a gun in any of the scenes.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#34re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/20/08 at 9:36pm

The thing is, a lot of the time even when there's the sign, it doesn't say WHEN the gunshot happens, so... It's still a surprise.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

lusciouslace Profile Photo
lusciouslace
#35re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/20/08 at 9:40pm

As far as South Pacific, I remember gunshots in the background, but no actual scene with a gun being fired on stage...

Mattbrain
#36re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:08am

If I know in advance that a gun's gonna be involved, I cover my ears. Unfortunately, I had no idea that there would be gun shots in Curtains so...yeah.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#37re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)
Posted: 1/21/08 at 10:26am

You cover your ears through the whole thing??? Like I said, they don't say "After Character X says blah, blah, blah,there will be a gunshot," so there's no way of really knowing when it's going to be.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!