Matt Doyle Love Thread

sleepyguy1717
#1Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/1/08 at 6:38pm

I did a search with no results.

Can we just discuss the amazingness of Matt Doyle for a minute?

I had heard of him via Spring Awakening but never heard him sing or seen him live. Then I started listening to the Bare soundtrack. Oh my gosh! This boy is not only gorgeous, but has a voice like an angel. I'm totally serious when I say this, he's probably the best singer I've heard. I'm still in shock.

If I knew when he'd be on in Spring Awakening for one of the major characters, I would hop on a plane in a heartbeat.

Matt Doyle you rock!

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/1/08 at 7:08pm

I love him to pieces. Especially after watching the Bare DVD documentary. He seems like one of the most talented, sweet, humble and hard working singer/actors in the business today.

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#2re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/1/08 at 7:10pm

When's he going on as Melchoir again...cause I'd so see SA for the 5th time for that

sleepyguy1717
#3re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/1/08 at 9:55pm

Yeah, any information on when he goes on next would be sweet.

I want to apologize for some offensive messages posted on this board under my name. The night 0f 12-15-08 I did not have internet access, and someone had used my name to post something offensive. My avatar was also changed. I dont' know what else was posted, or if anyone recieved bad PMs, but I want to apologize for that. I've changed my password, and even though I was not the one posting these messages it still needed to be corrected.

oohshizz146 Profile Photo
oohshizz146
#4re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/1/08 at 10:30pm

same!! heard of him through SA and fell in love through bare :)
truly amazing!!!

"I told you, NO Rodgers and Hammerstein!"- Bart Simpson

...5678 Profile Photo
#5re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 10:25am

I always thought he was a doll seeing him in the ensemble in Spring Awakening...but now hearing him in Bare....WOW. He is going to have QUITE the bright future...I'm dying to see him as Melchior now...

snl89
#6re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 11:12am

Matt's absolutely adorable :) And listening to the Bare recording actually made me go "you know, it might not be soooo bad if I went to see SA and it was Matt as Melchior and not Groff". And, for anyone who doesn't know of my unhealthy love for Jonathan Groff, that's a BIG BIG feat, basically. haha.

Seriously though, his voice is SO gorgeous, and he really does seem like an incredible sweetheart!

Oh and also I would be SO friggin happy if he were to actually play Peter in Bare, whether it be in another production or a movie. I mean I'll always be most partial to Michael Arden, but Matt played him with such an innocence and sweetness and just.. I love <3

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

RentBoy86
#7re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 11:13am

uh.....who?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 5:16pm

So apparently Matt went on today, but not as Melchior. Any news about tonight?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#9re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 7:12pm

who was he on for?

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#10re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 10:13pm

Matt sure is talented!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 11:11pm

Ernst, with Swenson as Melchior.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#12re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/2/08 at 11:15pm

Nope, Groff was back in today -- he's feeling better. Matt wasn't on as anything. Only understudy was Frances as Adult Woman.

sleepyguy1717
#13re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/3/08 at 6:59pm

That sucks. I really wish that Matt would take over as one of the major characters (maybe when Groff leaves?). Unfortunately, he's probably to valuable of a swing to do that. So you have this, guess and check thing with actor's vacations you have to do to see him perform.

Not that I respect all the other performers. I'm just playing favorites. :)

jedigurl527
#14re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 2/26/08 at 12:51pm

i went yesterday for #5, and was calling my mom to tell her i'd arrived at the theater, when i looked at the board and SPAZZED. because Matt Doyle was melchior and alexandra was wendla, and I had onstage seats!!!!!!!

he was brilliant. as much as i adore groff, i sometimes simply found matt's looks to make for a more believable teenage boy. he has a brilliant voice and his performace was amazing. he may just be my new favorite melchior...!

sleepyguy1717
#15re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 5/30/08 at 8:44pm

Sorry to bump this!

But the Spring Awakening site says Matt Doyle went to the Londen Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. Is he from England? And the website says its a drama school, with no mention of musical theater (at least that I saw. I didn't do to much hardcore research. Weird to since its the Academy of Musi and Drama). Where do you suppose he learned to sing like that? He sounds like he's had years of training to me.

MerMaggieGalinda
#16re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 5/30/08 at 8:55pm

He's American. I imagine he got some kind of vocal training at LAMDA, but I guess a lot of it is just natural talent.

sleepyguy1717
#17re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 5/30/08 at 9:42pm

Lucky him. That boy is blessed!

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#18re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 5/30/08 at 11:29pm

I LOVE him! (ok, i've never seen him perform, but he's cute, and was super nice at the SA stage door)

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

Select a Member Name Profile Photo
Select a Member Name
#19re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 6/1/08 at 9:48pm

Matt Doyle's voice is orgasmic.

"You have two kinds of shows on Broadway – revivals and the same kind of musicals over and over again, all spectacles. You get your tickets for The Lion King a year in advance, and essentially a family... pass on to their children the idea that that's what the theater is – a spectacular musical you see once a year, a stage version of a movie. It has nothing to do with theater at all. It has to do with seeing what is familiar.... I don't think the theatre will die per se, but it's never going to be what it was.... It's a tourist attraction." Stephen Sondheim

sleepyguy1717
#20re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 6/1/08 at 9:53pm

Ditto to that!

tonytonytony Profile Photo
tonytonytony
#21re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
Posted: 6/2/08 at 6:06pm

I met Matt when I sat next to him when he was in NYC to watch Spring Awakening a week away from officially joining the cast. What an intelligent, bright, talented, sharp and creative actor. I am sure his fan base will continue to grow.

Videos