pixeltracker

Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)

Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 2:06pm

I'm always grateful to the suggestions of the BWW community. Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)

Here's my schedule for my upcoming visit. Anything that is "Probable" can be replaced by another show. The only catch is that I am dirt poor and can only afford student rush tickets (or forfeit seeing two shows to TKTS one show). I used to be a TDF member but it just expired and I can't renew it in time.

Saturday, March 1
2:30 - DEAD MAN'S CELLPHONE [Locked]
8:00 - NEXT TO NORMAL [Probable]

Sunday, March 2
3:00 - AUGUST: ORAGE COUNTY [Student Rush the matinee]
7:00 - ALTAR BOYZ [Probable]

Monday, March 3
8:00 - GYPSY [Locked]

Tuesday, March 4
8:00 - [Student Rush a show]

Shows that I haven't seen:

[Off-Bway I have seen CRIMES OF THE HEART and FORBIDDEN BWAY]
A BRONX TALE
A CATTERED AFFAIR
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA
THE FARNSWORTH INVENTION
GREASE
IN THE HEIGHTS
IS HE DEAD?
NOVEMBER
PASSING STRANGE
SOUTH PACIFIC
SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
THE 39 STEPS
THE HOMECOMING
THE LITTLE MERMAID
THE SEAFARER
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

the_musical Profile Photo
the_musical
#2re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 2:10pm

i haven't actually done it, but the next to normal rush is dicey at best. they don't reserve the seats, so you only get them to $10 if no one else has taken them, they have a lot of subscribers the theater isn't that big, and for 15 dollars more you can get advance youth tickets.

if you really want to see normal that night, i would plan on getting a youth advance ticket now. and i think it's definitely worth it.
Updated On: 2/8/08 at 02:10 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 2:11pm

Sunday in the Park With George

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#3re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 2:12pm

I'd pick HOMECOMING, SEAFARER or SUNDAY....

From what you're already seeing tho, I'd bet you'd prefer HEIGHTS, AFFAIR or 39 STEPS

ashley0139
#4re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 2:14pm

Definitely Sunday. Passing Strange is interesting too. Next to Normal has been selling really, really well. So I would get those ahead of time.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#5re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 2:30pm

I agree. Definitely lock Next to Normal now. It's amazing!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#6re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 3:53pm

Thanks, all. I also forgot about CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF. Perhaps it'll be worth checking out? I've wanted to see Anika Noni Rose perform live for a long, long time. And all the other talent in that show, too, makes me curious. If it's bad, it'd be an awful disappointment, however...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#7re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 4:06pm

Sunday in the Park With George is really good. Front mezzanine are the best seats for this show.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#8re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 4:17pm

CAT would be worth it just to see Jones on stage...Rose was quite good in CAROLINE, but not as good as Chandra WIlson!

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#9re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 4:18pm

Sunday in the Park with George

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#10re: Suggestions Appreciated (Show Decisions)
Posted: 2/8/08 at 4:20pm

Haven't seen the revival of Sunday but I hear it is good. I would see that and The Homecoming. I really enjoyed The Homecoming. But I told a friend, don't see August: Osage and the Homecoming back to back. You'll need therapy!!!!

Just give the world Love.

Videos