RENT final performance--SRO

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#1RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:03pm

How bad do you think this will be? people arriving at 3:00 AM? Camping out for 2 days? I really want to try, but I'd like some people predictions.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
Updated On: 2/16/08 at 08:03 PM

martinman
#2re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:50pm

It will be nuts...anybody know what tickets are going for?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#2re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:53pm

they have been sold out since the day the closing was announced. I don't know if anyone is selling tickets on Ebay or anywhere else, but can only imagine how much they will sell for.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:54pm

I predict that after they have filled the lotto seats they will keep picking names to sell the SRO spots to because that's what they have done quite a few times on popular nights such as Christmas week and Anthony and Adam's last show.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#4re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 9:02pm

Geez, it's 4 months away. Don't you have anything else in your life to worry about between now and then?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#5re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 9:43pm

I'm getting in line right now.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#6re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:21pm

When I am in NY in April I will be sure to stop by and give you some coffee (if you like coffee). re: RENT final performance--SRO

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#7re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:22pm

Orangeskittle, I have nothing else to worry about.I am a very young person, who lives 4 hours away for NYC, and since I can't drive and can't afford tickets second market, I need to worry NOW. But, I'm not THAT desperate, I'd just like to be there, thats all. You know, be there for RENT's last show. Life will go on without it. I'm not on eof those people who goes "OMIGAWD i LyK TOOOOTaallllly need some TIX...OR EYELL DiEiEIEIEIEIE!!! i LUVVVVVV EYEDINAAAA!!!!" And sadly, there are too many of those people out there.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
Updated On: 2/16/08 at 10:22 PM

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#8re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:30pm

yes i agree...now is the time to worry about it...it is already sold out so its time to think of back up plans...sneaking in, blackmailing...lol. just joking but seriously if i lived in new york i would do ANYTHING to see that show! so my advice is to take advantage of the fact that you are 4 hours away and find some way to get in...its a once in a lifetime event, for most people anyway...

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#9re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:36pm

4 hours... is that it? I would definitely be there.

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#10re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:37pm

Oh, good, roseaddams, because I'm ALREADY in line. You should hurry, because it's stretched all the way to my house in Indiana, so it's only a matter of time before it goes international.

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#11re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 11:06pm

Actually, it wasn't too big a deal -- I'm in LA and the line's down the street from me. So, y'know, I'm still near my wireless internet access network. And sometimes my family waves at me from the front window. It's actually quite pleasant.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#12re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/16/08 at 11:08pm

sounds like fun. I'm in line by my house (in IL) and we have a camp fire (since we have like 12 inches of snow on the ground) and we are roasting marshmallows and singing koombaya.

orangeskittles
#13re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:22am

suicidalmickeymouse and Kasie, I know you're like OMG the biggest Rentheads EVA since you rented the movie at Blockbuster or whatever, but there are a lot more people than you and your middle school drama club that would love to be at the closing show and can't. Like, 12 years worth of fans. Pull your heads out of your asses and get a clue- you're just as bad as the "i LUVVVVVV EYEDINAAAA!!!!" people.

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#14re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:30am

whoa, calm down there. hahahh just so ya know...i loved RENT before it was a movie so get your facts straight, second of all i dont know if youve seen RENT or what but the message it portrays OBVIOUSLY didnt rub off on you, so im not so sure you should be the one to talk about what fans are "worthy" enough to see the it on closing night...
and middle school drama club?? pleaseeeeeee......lmfao.
sounds like your the only one acting like your in middle school here. i mean, who picks fights on broadway chat rooms.. seriously who...hahahahaha thanks i needed a good laugh.
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 02:30 AM

orangeskittles
#15re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:53am

i dont know if youve seen RENT or what but the message it portrays OBVIOUSLY didnt rub off on you

Which message would that be?

im not so sure you should be the one to talk about what fans are "worthy" enough to see the it on closing night

I didn't bring that up, suicidalmickeymouse did by saying s/he was more worthy than the Idina fans and you did by suggesting s/he "finds some way" of getting in. There are more Rent fans within a 4-hour radius of NYC than just suicidalmickeymouse, would you suggest they all sneak in as well? As I said, it's not just the two of you that would like to go, so why you think it's justified to whine about how you personally can't on a message board full of people that don't have tickets either is beyond me.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 2/17/08 at 3:02am

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 03:02 AM

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#17re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/17/08 at 3:04am

Updated On: 2/17/08 at 03:04 AM

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#18re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/17/08 at 3:05am

i was JOKINGGG about the sneaking in thing...my bad, thought you were smart enough to know that.
and if you dont want to hear people "whine" about it or whatever then why the hell are you so caught up in this conversation. if it annoys you so much, stop commenting. this is a broadway website and a free country as far as i know, so take your negative comments somewhere else. and when did anyone ask if YOU thought they were worthy or not...hmmm, thats right that never happened. this is hilarious. please...go on, im in the mood for another good laugh.

orangeskittles
#19re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/17/08 at 3:10am

a free country as far as i know, so take your negative comments somewhere else

Speaking of smart enough, are you aware how illogical this phrase is?

Updated On: 2/17/08 at 03:10 AM

Kasie Profile Photo
Kasie
#20re: RENT final performance--SRO
Posted: 2/17/08 at 3:15am

lol you're right, i didnt even notice that.
all im trying to say is that i dont think this post called for any negative comments...if it had, it would have asked the question of who is worthy to see it and who isnt. what matters is that i wont be seeing it, so im over trying to carry this conversation any further. im not going to be seeing it and thats that...i am happy for everyone else that will be seeing it though...i bet it will be amazing.
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 03:15 AM

Videos