pixeltracker

Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!- Page 2

Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!

roquat
#25re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 3:17pm

Frankly, I've been wishing for more of this kind of thing today. You can't "debate" extremist fools like Anita (and Coulter, and Limbaugh, and on and on...) because they just keep trotting out bumper-sticker phrases and prepackaged sound bites--you end up talking in circles. It takes a courageous act like this to show them up for what they really are--and you can't say the original pie throwers didn't pay for what they did.

Besides, wouldn't we all (except papa and Goth, of course) love to see Coulter with banana creme dripping down her face? Of course, the impact of the pie hitting her would probably knock her empty head clear off her pencil neck...

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#26re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 3:37pm

I find it hysterical! And I would be all for seeing something like this happen to Ann Coulter. Ann only does what she does for the celebrity.
Updated On: 3/7/08 at 03:37 PM

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#27re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 3:43pm

Coulter is used to cream dripping from her face.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#28re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 4:11pm

According to this article one of Anita's son's is gay. He must be real proud of Mom! Her homophobia more or less killed her career and her troubles began when she preached her hate towards gay people. Serves the bitch right!

http://www.nndb.com/people/177/000024105/

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#29re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 4:14pm

The guy next to her in that clip appeared to be a closet case himself.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#30re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 10:02pm

I know I'm an old fart, and I was a very young fart when this actually happened...

...but do any of you remember the "tone" of the country back then?

There had been a lot of assassinations, and people walking up in the middle of crowds and plugging people with real bullets.

Then, the Pie Squad tactics started. And it wasn't viewed as funny or "light."

It was a non-felony way of saying... we can "get" you if we want to. The pie in Anita Bryant's face was a "humorous" way of saying, "Watch out! If we can get this close to you with a pie, we can get this close to you with a bullet as well. So be afraid... be VERY afraid."

It was a very serious act. And they meant business.

I CAN'T be the only one who remembers this!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#31re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 10:17pm

I recently saw the movie "The Bible Tells Me So" and they showed a much longer clip where Anita actually broke down sobbing when praying. I assumed it was because of being humiliated in front of the entire world but now I wonder if it because of what you said. Perhaps she feared for her life and thought about what you mentioned Best12Bars.

I'm probably gonna piss some people off here, but I had no idea who she was til i saw this documentary. I went and researched it and thought the pie in the face was a sort of justice. Interesting insight Best12Bars. Thanks for the post!

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

Mekroth
#32re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 3/7/08 at 10:39pm

That's interesting, 12. It gives a rather sobering perspective on this event.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#33re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/4/08 at 8:45pm

I'm bumping this because the Harvey Milk Trailer reminded me of this sick disgusting creature.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#34re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/4/08 at 9:02pm

Best. I remember those days! I was still in the closet then and actually cheered when I saw that on the news! Wasn't that about 74-75?
She was horrible and dangerous, chosen as spokesperson for the Florida Orange Growers and spreading her hate. My brother was in the army then and she was entertaining the troops and spreading her anti gay rhetoric there too. She deserved the pie and probably a lot more for the pain she caused people in the "Name of God".

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#35re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/4/08 at 9:05pm

Florida Orange Juice dropped her as their spokeswoman and she sort of just went away, didn't she? I never hear about her or see her on Fox News or anything.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#36re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/4/08 at 9:23pm

Yes, they did drop her shortly after this. She did disappear and that is a good thing. I think one of the reasons (besides having a Gay son) she has adopted a "Live and let live" philosophy is she realized how much she lost publicly spewing hate.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 9/4/08 at 09:23 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#37re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/4/08 at 9:32pm

Good times, huh, SNAFU?

re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Roscoe
#38re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 9:37am

A few years back GOOD MORNING AMERICA did a series of updates on Important Women of the 1970s, and there was a segment on Anita Bryant. It featured the usual stuff, but there was one bit where the interviewer asked if anti-gay rhetoric like hers led to acts of violence, like the Matthew Shepard case.

Anita hadn't heard of the Matthew Shepard case at all. She muttered the usual lies about not advocating violence, and all that, but it was startling how clueless she was on a story that had gotten such astonishing nationwide coverage.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

javero Profile Photo
javero
#39re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 10:55am

"Frankly, I've been wishing for more of this kind of thing today. You can't "debate" extremist fools like Anita (and Coulter, and Limbaugh, and on and on...) because they just keep trotting out bumper-sticker phrases and prepackaged sound bites--you end up talking in circles."

Yep, put the fear of God in them. Personally, I think the times are tame now compared to the 70's. Back then we had the anti-war movement (Vietnam), the women's liberation movement, the Black Panther Party and Puerto Rico's FALN in the mix, amongst others.

One exercised one's freedom of speech back then with the constant threat of getting one's azz whupped for mouthing off in the wrong setting. There was none of this endless chatter from anonymous cyber tigers empowered by information technology.

With regard to her career being sabotaged by her extremist views, certainly her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ took good care of her.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 9/5/08 at 10:55 AM

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#40re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 11:02am

"I'm bumping this because the Harvey Milk Trailer reminded me of this sick disgusting creature."

This incident, perhaps even this clip, is included in the doc we were posting about in the MILK thread, Romantico.

Watch it...The Times of Harvey Milk.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

Sandy in Sable Profile Photo
Sandy in Sable
#41re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 9/5/08 at 5:17pm

Remember when Dorothy and Rose entered the song writing contest where the winner got to get their picture taken with Anita Bryant?

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#42re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 2:05am

Bumping 'cause it never fails to make me feel good.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#43re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 2:10am

I like when she prays with the pie on her face. And I kinda like when she cries, too. I wish I felt bad about that, but I don't.

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#44re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 2:16am

She divorced that dude, too. Then all the Christians turned on her. Now she can't even get a theatre in bumblepatch half-filled.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#45re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 8:27am

Calvin and Phyllis, I agree.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#46re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 9:12am

Is she still alive? She just dropped off the radar. Not even Fox or the 700 Club has her on spewing her ditto hate.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#47re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 10:16am

She's still alive at 68 and has her own ministry...like lots of people who cant get a job, she started a church.

I'm sure she sings regularly in Branson.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#48re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 10:42am

OMG - I totally want to start a church!

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#49re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Posted: 11/7/08 at 10:46am

Here's a story about here from several years back. She's had a pretty pathetic past few decades. re: Anita Bryant Gets a Pie in the Face!
Karma, sweetie