DANCIN'

once a month Profile Photo
once a month
#25re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/24/08 at 12:50pm

Gee sorry,when I wrote Anne...I should have been shot. Seriously. I meant to call her Annie...and thanks for believing that you did her a favor for 'outing' my outrageous behavior.I'm sure she's chuckling right now!
Get a REAL life for Bobby Fosse's sake. Thanks for the laugh and for your moral indignation in questioning my 'love'.

twitchy+bitchy+manic
#26re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/24/08 at 1:08pm

I've heard that jessica lee goldyn is a good dancer...could she do it? I've sadly not been able to see any broadway dancers, living in London and all. But from what I've seen on the internet, she's pretty good.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#27re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/24/08 at 1:12pm

Give me Mary Ann Lamb or give me death!!!!

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#28re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/24/08 at 1:14pm

once a month -- your ignorance is quite apparent as you have NO idea who I am. The correction was stated quite subtle. Your reaction (and interpretation) to it speaks volumes about you.

Do some research on my history with the man, his work and his dancers.

You referring to Ann Reinking as "Annie" and Bob Fosse as "Bobby" is utterly disrespectful and disgusting.

Moron much? re: DANCIN'

Updated On: 3/24/08 at 01:14 PM

twitchy+bitchy+manic
#29re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/24/08 at 1:16pm

Disgusting. With a g. If we're making corrections. :P

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#30re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/24/08 at 1:19pm

i immediately thought of Megan Sikora for this show. i absolutely love her.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#31re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/24/08 at 1:27pm

Shannon Lewis would be fantastic.
Updated On: 3/24/08 at 01:27 PM

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#32re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/25/08 at 12:34am

BrodyFosse, I love your responses to onceamonth!!!!

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#33re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/25/08 at 12:37am

I could see Michael Berresse doing this show.

shesamarshmallow
#34re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/25/08 at 7:50am

Spencer Liff, with or without shirt.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#35re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/25/08 at 9:07am

Michael Berresse is BORING. you know they'll get Charlotte D'Amboise (despite my not wanting them to).

i think it would be great if they got all unknowns for this piece.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#36re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/25/08 at 9:43am

Did someone call?

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"
Updated On: 3/25/08 at 09:43 AM

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#37re: DANCIN'
Posted: 3/25/08 at 10:32am

Speaking of good dancin'...Check this out:

New York’s finest dancer-choreographers team up for exhilarating evenings of theatricality, irony and hilarity in Thalia Dance: Dynamic Duos.

Get outside the box with these dancers as they explore new themes and techniques, break the rules with their partners and showcase world premieres alongside best-loved routines. There’s no better uptown venue to see innovative dance up close and personal.

HERE'S THE PAIRS:
==========================

David Dorfman & Dan Froot
With roots in street performance, modern dance and experimental theatre, this duo performs outrageous acts poking fun at masculinity, pop culture and themselves! Their newest collaboration with a variety of guest artists explores the power and ambiguity of relationships, marriage, work and more.

Tickets: $25; Members $20; Day of Show $30
Showdates: Thursday, April 3, 2008 - Saturday, April 5, 2008

PEARSONWIDRIG DANCETHEATER
Sara Pearson + Patrik Widrig present a fast-paced evening of solos and duets, ranging from early works like "You're Sounding Like Your Mother" to the world premiere of "Sayonara, Martha," with an original sound score by downtown vanguard composer Karinne Keithley and accompanied by projections of handmade Japanese wallpaper. Curious beauty, odd humor and mystery envelop their performances.

Showdates: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gus Solomons jr & Carmen deLavallade
These two dance legends and their guests unite to showcase their career-spanning collaborative dance repertoire. Their hilarious dance-theatre pieces, including two new works, one based on American Idol, the other set to the Bee Gees’ classic “Stayin’ Alive,” are a treat for audiences of all ages.

Showdates: Thursday, April 17, 2008 - Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tickets Available at www.symphonyspace.org 212.864.5400 and at 2537 Broadway at 95th Street.

For $15 Tickets, use code WORLD

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"