pixeltracker

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)- Page 19

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#450re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:24pm

Not many tickets left, when I got mine an hour ago.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#451re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:25pm

What on earth do you sound like 'I know none of you would do that" Jesus its your ticket KEEP IT you sound pathetic!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#452re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:29pm

wickedrentq, you'd be surprised how often the cast is the last to know, regrettably.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#453re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:30pm

What makes you think the cast would be told first and then the world. So wrong!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#454re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:32pm

Then maybe a thread shouldn't have been started. Since it's been deleted, this one might also. And that would be a shame.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#455re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:34pm

'Xanadu' is closing on Broadway this Sunday and if the mods don't like it that the world knows before them- then let them DELETE this thread too!

Updated On: 9/23/08 at 01:34 PM

Ed_Mottershead
#456re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:35pm

It's more than weird -- it's unconsionable. No one can tell me that SOMEONE, somewhere along the line didn't know that this was going to happen. Why did they go to the bother of posting an October 12th closing notice, then change their minds at the last minute? If the closing date was this Sunday, then so be it, it's this Sunday. But don't go around causing a lot of drama -- not to mention time, expense, scheduling, etc., etc. -- just come out and say it!!! Do the show, leave the theatre, have your party, whatever. This is just *&&*(*!!!

One more point. This show has meant a lot to some people. Why do this to your loyal supporters?

BroadwayEd

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#457re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:36pm

I'm sure the mods knew. If the cast didn't, that's another story. Would you like to find out you're losing your job sooner than you thought through the grapevine?

"unleash the girly"

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#458re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:37pm

Sorry, I said that mostly in reference to posters like coolkid who would probably try to offer like $500 or more for it.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#459re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:38pm

'causing a lot of drama" what's that supposed to mean? Its a business for gods sake and there will be reasons for the earlier closing date!
The only drama is on this board!

fanadu1996
#460re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:43pm

THANK YOU WICKEDBOY2!!
you are the only one who gets it!

so, bc a show has a loyal following the producers are expected to stay open and loose money?!?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#461re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:45pm

Something is going down that they are not making public. It just doesn't make sense to annouce the October 12th closing last week, but not say anything about it closing the 28th instead now. It's good that telecharge is letting people know, but people who got their tickets some other way might never have found out on time, most likely.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#462re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:48pm

OK, so if the show were closing this Sunday, the last night to see Kerry would be what day, since she's performing in CA this weekend?

Pocketsquared Fanadu Profile Photo
Pocketsquared Fanadu
#463re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:49pm

It's on Playbill.com now. Due to the current economic climate...

The last vampire is the mother of all vampires and that is the vampire of despair. It'll wake you up at 4am to say things like: Who do you think you are kidding? You look like a fool! No matter how hard you try, you'll never be good enough! Why is it that if some dude walked up to me on the subway platform and said these things, I'd think he was a mentally ill as-h-le, but if the vampire inside my head says it,It's the voice of reason! DIE VAMPIRE, DIE--[SUSAN in tos]

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#464re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:51pm

Very few of you on here actually work in the theatre and probably never will, so you have no idea how the business works. After 30 years in the business Ive been and been involved in 100s of shows all that have closed at some point, when a show closes its just a loss to the cast who were employed and the producers if they made no money on the production. A show only stays open if the public 'pay' to see it not because they like to see the theatre it plays in when they walk down the street! Some of the comments on here are coming from the mouths of 14 year olds and others who, as yet or maybe never will know anything about the true side of show 'business'!!!!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#465re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:51pm

"so, bc a show has a loyal following the producers are expected to stay open and loose money?!?"

I don't think that's what Ed was trying to say - at least not how I took it. I read it as he was trying to say that the loyal fans are getting jerked around by this and they deserve better treatment than this "we're closing in October...on no we're closing in September!"

Of course there are valid reasons to close and I don't think anyone expects a show that is losing money to remain open. Just give us the facts so we can make our arrangements.

That's how I took his post anyway.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

violet72 Profile Photo
violet72
#466re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:52pm

got a text from someone in the production and it is def closing on sunday...this sucks

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life. Define yourself"

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#467re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:53pm

Fans or no fans -its a business and the show is losing money RIGHT NOW!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#468re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:54pm

Okay, now that it is officially out, no problem at all. However, this is really bad Public Relations, in my opinion. The press statement should have come out first, before having telecharge start refunding people their money because then we get all this information out and nobody knows what is true and what is not. That's the problem with the internet.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#469re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:03pm

Yeah - Well the originally scheduled last perf on Oct 12th was sold out, and it's only 2 1/2 weeks away. I find it hard to believe the next couple of weeks weren't selling that well.

I heard about the Sept. 28th close an hour before it was announced here and they only had crap tix left. Apparently something else is afoot. In any case, I'm going Saturday night instead, and sitting on stage. And that will be that re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

And it's even more surprising to hear Kerry won't even be there for the last show... so sad!

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

bwayrocks_ca Profile Photo
bwayrocks_ca
#470re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:06pm

I think that Kerry's concert in on Sat. night which means she could easily take a redeye from CA and make in plenty of time for the final performance (which I really hope she does).

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#471re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:06pm

My, personal, theory is that the new owners are making it hard for them to stay.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#472re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:13pm

I said this before and I will say it again...
I'm more upset that the staff at the Helen Hayes didn't know and now most of them will be unemployed after Sunday.

I'm sure "that's the way it goes" in the business but I still feel it's sad. Hopefully they will get some compensation for the time they were supposed to be working.

That's just my opinion.

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#473re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:18pm

The Helen Hayes has something (actually a couple of things) lined up so don't worry about the people working there. They will be working again within a week or 2. The cast on the other hand will not re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

Ed_Mottershead
#474re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:19pm

Eris,

Eris, Thanks for getting my point. I'm inclined to agree with your statement that the new owners are trying to make life difficult for the show.

It will be a long time, if ever, that I will want to set foot in the HH again. I know that sounds horrible, but I just can't help thinking that whoever's bankrolling future shows may have some responsibility for this. I said "may," so keep your comments about my opinions to yourself, Wickedboy2.

BroadwayEd
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 02:19 PM