New MY FAIR LADY film

mauriposa
#25re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:07pm

If they have to do this, I'd rather see Anne Hathaway than Kiera Knightley.

degrassifan
#26re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:07pm

"Although I don't like the idea of remaking the classic, highly cherished film, I think that Anne Hathaway or even Cameron Diaz would make a terrific Eliza."

Julie Andrews did say that if they ever decide to remake "The Sound of Music," she thinks that Cameron Diaz should be cast as Maria. I'm not sure if she was being serious.

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#27re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:09pm

No. Just...no. Please.

And who would they want for Higgins? George Clooney?
There isn't a single original idea left in Hollywood anymore....
Didn't they learn their lesson with Phantom??

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

NCGuy Profile Photo
NCGuy
#28re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:13pm

I love the show itself and I know the film is considered a classic, but I’ve always found the movie version hard to sit through (it’s just so sloooow...).

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#29re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:16pm

Is this a TV movie? That's the only way I could see this as a viable option, but MY FAIR LADY as a major motion picture film? It'll sell all of two cents even if Angelina Jolie or Hannah Montana played Eliza.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#30re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:19pm

"I love the show itself and I know the film is considered a classic, but I’ve always found the movie version hard to sit through (it’s just so sloooow...)."

By all means let's have a My Fair Lady movie with music video camera work and featuring Madonna as Mrs. Higgins.

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#30re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:19pm

Another TV musical to skip. I'll watch the film instead. Completely unnecessary.

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#32re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:30pm

"Julie Andrews did say that if they ever decide to remake "The Sound of Music," she thinks that Cameron Diaz should be cast as Maria. I'm not sure if she was being serious."

No, she was just being a kiss-ass. It was a happy surprise to discover her memoir wasn't filled with ass-kissing. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Can Diaz even sing?

theatreboi11
#33re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:36pm

I would love to see Amy Adams tackle this!

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

Dollypop
#34re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:38pm

This makes me want to puke.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BenKaye Profile Photo
BenKaye
#35re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:40pm

I can't think of one good reason to remake this movie.

My blog- http://okayentertainment.blogspot.com/

NCGuy Profile Photo
NCGuy
#36re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:43pm

By all means let's have a My Fair Lady movie with music video camera work and featuring Madonna as Mrs. Higgins.

That’s a pretty big leap there, nmartin. A film can be less stagy without resorting to music video editing (Oliver, The Sound of Music, Fiddler...).

degrassifan
#37re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:44pm

If they do this, then I think Connie Fisher should be considered for Eliza.

Dollypop
#38re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 9:55pm

...and Connie Francis should play Mrs. Higgins

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#39re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:07pm

"...and Connie Francis should play Mrs. Higgins"
Much better suggestion than my Madonna casting.

MerMaggieGalinda
#40re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:12pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I'm kind of upset they are going to remake a classic film, but on the other hand I'm kind of interested in their new ideas. It would be cool to see it actually in London. As for Eliza, I think Anne Hathaway would be a perfect choice. She's well-known, and she can actually sing and act well. Keira would be good too, if she can sing of course. She was in the running for Christine in the Phantom movie...but I thought I heard her say in some interview that she can't really sing. Maybe she was over-exaggerating. As long as it's not Katie Holmes.....

StuckToTheStage Profile Photo
StuckToTheStage
#41re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:12pm

I may be by myself here (probably), but I'm excited!

"Maybe you could teach me how to LuPwn? No, that seems like something only a bitter delusional queen could enjoy." -JoeKv99 on the remarks of TooDarnHot

Muhlethaler
#42re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:20pm

Updated On: 8/31/11 at 10:20 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#43re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:29pm

I am afraid that all these movie musicals will backfire someday~like people will be saturated and we wont make movie musicals anymore like in the early 80's after Xanadu and You Can't Stop the Music. re: New MY FAIR LADY film

J*

#44re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:36pm

It's going to take a lot to convince me that it's going to be a good show. Unfortunately, I doubt this will be the case with the "major international" star. It doesn't sound good.

~Jkor

degrassifan
#45re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:36pm

"I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand I'm kind of upset they are going to remake a classic film, but on the other hand I'm kind of interested in their new ideas."

That's EXACTLY how I feel. I mean, it kind of sucks that they're remaking a classic that won 8 Academy Awards, but I think we should have faith in this. It could be a very beautiful film, especially since it'll be filmed on location. I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna cast just anybody. In fact, I'm pretty excited for this. I want to see how it'll turn out, and how modern-day audiences will recieve it.

I just thought of something...maybe they might actually have Henry and Eliza kiss...?

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#46re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:37pm

HUH? Why?

If it ain't broke.......don't fix it.

WickedRedX Profile Photo
WickedRedX
#47re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 10:41pm

If they do go through with it, then I at least want Julie Andrews to play Higgin's mother. Just give me that, and I'll be happy.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#48re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 11:10pm

Anne Hathaway, Keira Knightley, and Amy Adams are all great choices.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#49re: New MY FAIR LADY film
Posted: 6/5/08 at 11:15pm

Worse news I've heard in the last decade. WHY remake a classic? The show is perfect, the movie is perfect. There's no reason to remake this movie. What's next? A remake of Singin' in the Rain with Hugh Jackman?

Hey everyone! Did you hear? They're remaking Citizen Kane with George Clooney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Videos