pixeltracker

Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?

Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 7:55am

Word over on ATC is that Beth Leavel (who would be much better served originating the role of Mrs. Wilkinson in BILLY ELLIOT) will succeed Andrea Martin as Frau Blucher in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN on or around July 22nd.

Has anyone else heard anything of the sort?

I guess this sort of kills the resurgence of rumors that NO NO NANETTE will be transferring into The Marquis for a limited run with the Encores! cast.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#2re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:22am

beth is SO above this show, I hope this isn't truere: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:41am

That would be an absolutely absurd career move.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

broadwayboy522
#3re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:49am

I agree with Wanna Be A Foster. Going from originating a role earning you a Tony then going to be a replacement with a 50% pay cut. I'm sure she'd be awesome but still

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#4re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:51am

That IS an odd career move.

Not to threadjack, but I'm seeing the show 7/5, which of the OBC will be gone by then? Thanks so much!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
Updated On: 6/23/08 at 08:51 AM

luke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
#5re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 8:52am

Personally I hate Billy Elliot but agree with somthingwicked in saying that she would be perfect for Mrs. Wilkinson. I'm not really familiar with Young Frankenstein, but it's Beth, I'm sure she'd be phenomenal no matter what! :)

THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#6re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 9:01am

Girl's gotta eat, right?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#7re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 9:23am

This sounds like good casting, though I doubt she'd be any better than Andrea Martin (fantastic!). Still, it sounds interesting.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#9re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 10:17am

Oh oh Nancy Opel! Pick Nancy Opel!

Can, can I have it?

Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 10:20am

Opel's on tour with DROWSY.

This rumor must be false. They're hiring nobodies who can work for scale so they can keep the show running at low costs.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#11re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 10:25am

Bad career move? It's all over because she takes a - shudder -"replacement" gig? Gimme a break. She lives in New Jersey, she wants to work on Broadway, it's a good part with a show-stopping number in which she'll be fabulous. Let's be grateful if it's true. It'll make the show worth seeing.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#12re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 10:27am

i don't think even Beth Leavel will make that show worth seeing

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#13re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 10:54am

I didn't think the show was half as bad as everyone made it out to be.

I would def. see it again with Beth.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Rotel1026
#14re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:17am

He Vas My Boyfriend counts as a showstopping number?

mr.scribble Profile Photo
mr.scribble
#15re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:29am

well for one thing she's too perfect for the part, and i think she's probably doing it for the money I'm sure that a big budgeted show like YF pays pretty well

being.jeremiah
Wanna Be A Foster
#17re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:33am

What the ****?

-Kad

mr.scribble
#18re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:36am

i'm surprised they didn't get bigger stars for Elizibeth and Inga

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#19re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:41am

*blink*

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#20re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:42am

I don't think "stars" were considered mr.scribble.

Word is they are cutting costs over at the Hilton.

That being said, however, Beth is inspired casting.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#21re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:42am

I don't think "stars" were considered mr.scribble.

Word is they are cutting costs over at the Hilton.

That being said, however, Beth is inspired casting.

mr.scribble
#22re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:45am

maybe that's the reason Mullally is leaving because it doesn't give a reason why she is, same with Martin and they'd seem to be pretty pricy

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#23re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:49am

mr.scribble, Megan Mullally is leaving because she has been cast in a new TV series (Bad Mother's Handbook, if I'm not mistaken).

mr.scribble
#24re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:56am

ya ur probably right, I heard her talking about doing a pilot on Conan O'Brien

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#25re: Beth Leavel to Join YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 12:05pm

I wonder if Leavel agreed to work for cheap?

According to the Reidel article, they told the leads to either take a 50% paycut, or leave the cast. I can't imagine Bart, Hensley, or Fitzgerald would accept such a drastic paycut, considering two of them are Tony winners.

Videos