pixeltracker

Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review

Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#1Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 7:59pm

Wow, this show is amazing. It was full cast and they were all amazing. I won't go into a review of everyone but I will for a few.

Daniel Evans- So in the first act I thought he was very good. I think the character was just so shy and awkward that it made him look very shy and awkward. Well, by the second act I loved him. He was incredible. "Move On" was my favorite song going into the show and my favorite going out, he was amazing.

Jenna Russell- Wow, just WOW! I may get in trouble on here for saying this but she was almost better than Patti LuPone, she was brilliant. Her voice is wonderful but her acting was just suburb. She was extremely funny and acting was incredible. I thought she made the second act wonderful. The chemistry between her and Daniel in all the roles was just amazing. You can tell they are very good friends in and out of the show. "Move On" was beautiful.

The show-The story is so complicated yet so simple, it's not a very typical story and is very different and very complicated yet it seemed so simple. I'm sure no one will know what I mean but I know what I mean. It is just so sweet and beautiful. You leave with a smile on your face wanting to just hug someone. It's so lovely (this is coming from a guy believe it or not) I thought that whenever George was describing the light or set or the positions that the objects should go in, you really felt the passion he had in his art. Incredible.

Stage Door- I waited and 7 people came out including Jenna and Daniel. Daniel was very sweet and talked to people. Jenna was very funny. I was standing next to someone with a clicky sharpie and she was using it and she was like "these pens are just so confusing" It was very funny in her british accent. Also someone was talking to her about how it's closing and stuff and she was like "Oh, it went so fast, you're not expecting it but it comes and kicks you in the but" Then Jessica Molaskey was like to Jenna "what kicks you in the but?" and she said "The closing of the show" and then Jessica says "Ah the way you word your sentences Jenna" Or something along those lines but it was very funny.

Over all, 9.57 out of 10, yes that's right I just said 9.57

strelimyn Profile Photo
strelimyn
#2re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 8:17pm

I'm glad you enjoyed the production and thanks for the review. I want to see this show very badly, but since it's closing - that dream is squashed. But it's good to hear that you had a great time!

sumladfrompa.tumblr.com
Updated On: 6/28/08 at 08:17 PM

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#2re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 8:27pm

Glad you enjoyed it! It really went by fast though :. All the best to Daniel & Jenna!

And I think Jenna deserved the Tony too! But it was Patti's year! Patti certainly deserved it too, but any production with your name in it and you lose is bad so to Patti!

heathurrr
#3re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 8:35pm

I love that you said Jenna was just as good as Patti, 'cause it's true. I adore her so much, and she is such a sweetie.
When I met her I told her that her performance made me cry and she was like "Oh, good! ... if that's a good thing?"
It was so cute. And yes, Jenna, it's a good thing.
re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)
Updated On: 6/28/08 at 08:35 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#4re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 9:34pm

I'm SO glad you enjoyed the show! I wanted to see it again before it closes but that's not going to happen, unfortunately.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#5re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 10:20pm

Jenna should have won the Tony, if only for We Do Not Belong Together.

Updated On: 6/28/08 at 10:20 PM

heathurrr
#6re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 10:27pm

"Jenna should have won the Tony, if only for We Do Not Belong Together. "

Oh yes, that's one of the parts where I cried. It's beyond decription how powerfully emotional that scene is.

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)

dashb10ard
#7re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 10:31pm

I was at the 2 pm show today, too. Really, really beautiful show. Amazing projections. Absolutely brilliant performances. I loved it so much.

And they were all so sweet at the stage door!

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#8re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/28/08 at 11:11pm

Also some more comments

So I was waiting in the lobby where the merchandise is before the show because I was very early and I watched people come in and right next to the Merchandise stand there is some info on the painting. People came in and were like "Oh I have seen that painting before, I wonder why it's here" I was shocked to hear this, I figured people going to the show would know it's about the painting.

And these two women behind me were so excited that it was a live orchestra. They said "Oh look it's live music! That's so rare these days!"

People make me laugh.

Chrysanthemum62001
#9re: Sunday in the Park With George 6/28 2:00 Review
Posted: 6/29/08 at 2:01am

I am SO glad you loved the show. It is amazing. I actually bumped into Daniel this morning and spoke to him about the show and how inspiring it was. He's a very, very nice man.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL