pixeltracker

Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS

Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#1Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 6/30/08 at 11:51pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSU-6KRJsOQ

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#2re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/1/08 at 12:18am

Whoa...I always thought that girl in the movie had a suspiciously strong voice.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#2re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/1/08 at 12:33am

I've been obsessed with Piragua too! Such a great song

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#3re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/1/08 at 10:49am

Wow...fascinating.
I'll be watching more of these.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#4re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/1/08 at 10:51am

Oh that just made my morning! Love Seth!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#5re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/1/08 at 11:11am

He is out of control and I love it!

heathurrr
#6re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/2/08 at 7:17pm

I just watched this. I was so excited about the Betty Buckley part! Naturally, I've been listening to the song all day now.

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)

myshikobit Profile Photo
myshikobit
#7re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/2/08 at 8:01pm

That's so cool. It makes sense, too. Betty is one of the few singers who's music is so overwhelmingly beautiful it makes me want to lose myself in the music forever.. and "Walking in Space" is one of those songs.

"There are only two worthwhile things to leave behind when we depart this world of ours: children and art." -Sunday In The Park With George

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#8re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/2/08 at 8:21pm

There are a lot of Broadway singers in the movie Hair. Nel Carter, Charlayne Woodard, Laurie Beechman, Ellen Foley, Michael Jeter, Hector Mercado, ... Betty's dub is cool, but I knew it was her back when the movie came out. Also Miss America Suzette Charles (the one who got the crown when Vanessa Williams stepped down) sings a cut song on the soundtrack.

They were all listed on the album's original liner notes, but the album is now out-of-print, and they did not reproduce the liner notes for the CD release.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#9re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/2/08 at 8:51pm

Wow. And I thought I couldn't love Eliseo any more.
I'm totally going to watch more of these now, thanks for the link.
Seth is amAHHHHHzing!

playbills Profile Photo
playbills
#10re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/3/08 at 10:57am

I love all of the deconstructions that Seth does on youtube AND all the ones he does on the mtv remotecontrol blog for the Legally Blonde reality show.

"What's with Dennis' lie? Laura Bell dances on .. "cobblestone", in shoes that don't fit, outside in 45 degree weather ..

Laura Bell's actually a homeless person dancing for money?!"

Love.

tonytonytony Profile Photo
tonytonytony
#11re: Seth Rudetsky Deconstructs HAIR/IN THE HEIGHTS
Posted: 7/3/08 at 11:37am

Brava!!! To Seth and All that he does for Broadway!
Tony (Chicago)

Videos