pixeltracker

MTV remaking Rocky Horror- Page 3

MTV remaking Rocky Horror

yukino
#50re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 3:08pm

if it's mtv, then no. it's going to be so bad.

fail.

donna_darko_23
#51re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 3:40pm

What scares is not so much that they are remaking - because frankly, everything seems to be getting remade these days - but that idea that they might make a poor remake. The possibly terrible casting that might go into this remake by MTV makes me shutter. MTV does not knowing what real singing sounds like, or what real acting looks like. And if they turn this into a reality show to help cast it...then so help me. That would be awful.

memphreblues
#52re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 5:33pm

I honestly don't get this. I'm 18, and my friends and I have known about and loved RHPS since we were 14. It's not like RHPS has been lost- the younger generations are still enjoying it.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#53re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 5:34pm

Well, the possibility of poor casting makes me venetian blinds. And seriously, what will happen if it gets terribly remade and broadcast on cable???

Nothing. The original film will still exist just like the original film versions of Gypsy, Bye Bye Birdie, The Music Man, and Annie still exist. I still don't get why this is such a horrific idea. I mean, it's not like they're trying to create a sequel to Rocky Horror!

*oops*

Just think...it will still probably be better than Shock Treatment.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 7/24/08 at 05:34 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#54re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 5:43pm

In a sick and twisted way, I love Shock Treatment.

I still dance around to Little Black Dress

....but the world goes 'round

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#55re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 7:16pm

Rocky - JASON LEWIS

I'm dead-set against this, but hot damn, do I like that idea.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#56re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 7:30pm

The good news is that this will at least get the soundtrack out there again with everybody - including NEW fans - playing the original and lining up for the original film!

The sickening news about this is not that it is being remade...but that MTV's stink will be all over it!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

husk_charmer
#57re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 7:56pm

tazzy-
Shock Treatment is BRILLIANT. It's soooo much more relevant today than it was in the 80s, esp. with the rise of reality TV and America's growing fascination with celebrity.

And, fun factoid, apparently the "Denton" they refer to is actually Denton, TX, which is about an hour north of Dallas-Fort Worth.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#58re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/24/08 at 11:49pm

Pft, Shock Treatment is amazing.

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#59re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/25/08 at 2:26am

wouldn't it just be cheaper for MTV to air the original?

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#60re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/25/08 at 2:35am

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

DG
#61re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/25/08 at 2:46am

"I think we need to see it freshened up so younger audiences can embrace it as well."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

So, I as a 45yo can't REALLY embrace the brilliance of ALL ABOUT EVE?!?!? Which was made DECADES before I was born?!?!?

I don't even MIND remakes or reinventions. Your idiotic viewpoint is the heighth of idiocy!

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#62re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/25/08 at 3:22am

Shock Treatment is great.

Ice Madrox
#63re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/25/08 at 1:43pm

"Eddie - Jack Black"

As much as I dislike MTV programming these days, I would watch this no questions asked. I secretly yearn for him to do musical theatre!

Once I got bold and mentioned to my sister how I'd love to hear him sing "Glory" from Rent... I was nearly stoned to death!

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#64re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/25/08 at 2:27pm

No matter what, if they want to make it, they will. Since Fox is involved, I'd be more worried that they could actually make some people not like RHPH. I mean how many commentators do they have that try to criminalize being gay? That would be the worst outcome of it all.

It's not so much that I have trouble with others playing the roles, it's that they will be forever compared to the originals. Who wants that? Again too, because so many other shows out there could really benefit and profit from a little more exposures as well.

Maryjoannejean Profile Photo
Maryjoannejean
#65re: MTV remaking Rocky Horror
Posted: 7/26/08 at 12:51am

oh lord...my cousin her momma said i was the devils work

Latest Posts