Frost/Nixon Trailer

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#25re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/21/08 at 3:39pm

Wow! First time I've ever wanted to boink Nixon. (I still think I owe Langella one--ever since "Dracula.")

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#26re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/21/08 at 4:42pm

BoradwayBoy2,

I think Rabbit Hole will be great. If it comes off a little like THE HOURS did. Make it more realistic not overdramtic. There will have to be a lot of flashbacks or very few to make this movie work. Kind of like Doubt. Even though we know what happens in this piece we are not really introduced it to it till much later on. As like Doubt, we are expected to keep guessing even after it's over.

TOO BAD the trailer has now been removed!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim
Updated On: 8/21/08 at 04:42 PM

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#27re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/25/08 at 9:57pm

I saw the trailer again and I love Frank Langella...this for sure better get him an Oscar win and or nomination. He is an actor and uses his body language and voice to make him Nixon, not makeup or anything else. Well done Langella!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#28re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/25/08 at 10:15pm

I am so excited for this film, i do a little sex wee every time i see the trailer lolol

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#29re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/25/08 at 10:50pm

This is going to be a great year for stage-to-screen adaptations, I just know it.

Cruel_Sandwich
#30re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/25/08 at 11:41pm

Meh. It looks okay. I'm just kind of uncool with the recent trend of portraying real people to get awards. Playing a real person can get kind of lazy sometimes, honestly. I tend to like it more when an actor creates an entirely new character from the bottom-up.

And yes, I know I'll get flamed because I have gone on record as praising Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker but that was an entirely new take on an already established character.

Lenexajones Profile Photo
Lenexajones
#31re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:56am

Oscars all around guaranteed.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#32re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/26/08 at 1:07am

I didn't see the stage version, so when I saw this trailer, I'm thinking, I wonder how this was staged..

It looks great.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#33re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/26/08 at 3:27am

The stage play came off as a History Channel special, so it's no wonder that it's starting to look good as a film.

I do miss Stephen Kunken's presence, though. His performance, aside from Langella's, was the most memorable for me in the play.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Eagleman
#34re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/26/08 at 12:10pm

The back wall of the stage was basically a wall of monitors.

The play started with the kind of crackling noise electrical interference makes and the first image presented to the audiences was of Frost doing an interview in Austrailia with his minimilistic, two-opposing chairs studio set. Nothing else.

One or two times there was the barest suggestion of a hotel room and on another occassion a very simple interior of first class of a 747--just seats, a few passengers, and a flight attendant.

That was it. It was all about the spoken word and for me Frost's ambitions to be taken seriously as an interviewer. Of course, Langella was phenomenal, As was Sheen, but as it was with "A Soldier's Story" the film will in no way improve on the play--unless the playwright was forced to delete some scenes because of the limitation's of the stage. But I can't think of anything that needed to be added and the character of Pat is a little troubling. There were no principle characters added to
"Breaking the Code" or "Copenhagen".

Iwonder why the powers of be find it necessary to embellish the play.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#35re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/26/08 at 6:16pm

OH SNAP!!! That was a great trailer!!!
Cannot wait!!!

Gawd, how I wish I coulda seen this play.

No premature predictions, but Ron Howard and Langella look to be some strong nomination contenders.

Langella could join the esteemed short-list of same-role Tony/Oscar winners among José Ferrer, Shirley Booth, Yul Brynner, Rex Harrison, Anne Bancroft, Paul Scofield, Jack Albertson, Lila Kedrova and Joel Grey.

And what's so remarkable is that he just does NOT quit on the stage. I'm pumped to see him Sept12 in A Man for All Seasons!

WiCkEd BaCcHaE Profile Photo
WiCkEd BaCcHaE
#36re: Frost/Nixon Trailer
Posted: 8/26/08 at 10:02pm

Wow, it looks great! I'm so excited for this and Doubt to come out, since I got to see both in NY (And for a Floridian, that's pretty cool).

Langella and Sheen were amazing! I'm sure they will be every bit as great as they were in the play.

"Truth is rarely pure and never simple."- Oscar Wilde

"If I could only do one thing before I died, it would be to swim with a middle-aged couple from Connecticut."- a dolphin