pixeltracker

Sarah Brightman's World Tour. The DIVA Will Perform in Latin America.- Page 3

Sarah Brightman's World Tour. The DIVA Will Perform in Latin America.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#50Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 11/26/08 at 10:03am

Sarah's concerts are created for her fans, not any schmoe they send from a paper to review it. Much like a Stevie Nicks, Sarah has a persona her fans love. Her albums are thematic with lots of flourishes and high production values (heard by some as over-produced). Her concerts are lavish pagaents for the fans. Sarah loves over the top and gives us what we want. We love the costumes, the glitz, the glam. She loves performing and loves playing dress-up. She is melodramatic and that is why I love her. She is an international superstar, so she must be doing something right. Also, you see the money you are spending on the stage. If I pay 100 dollars, I want sets and grandeur. Plus, she sings live which many others do not.

Bravo, Lady Sarah. I cant wait to see you Saturday.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

dalefully Profile Photo
dalefully
#51Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 11/26/08 at 12:49pm

No, it's not on her Christmas album. It was a darker song, and the chorus went to the tune of the Nutcracker if that helps any.

And Bettyboy, I totally agree with you there. If Sarah's concerts are over the top that's just because that's what her whole persona is. Her voice, music, style is all built on that, and the tour is just a reflection of that. Maybe to someone who doesn't know Sarah (and from the review it seems like the critic disliked her in advance, so it wasn't exactly an unbiased choice on the Herald's part), it may seem a bit excessive, but I wouldn't expect anything less. The intimate, low-key setting works great for some artists but definitely not Sarah.

BroadwayBenny Profile Photo
BroadwayBenny
#52Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 11/26/08 at 1:16pm

That song is called "Red Riding Hood Rap" and to my knowledge has never been performed by Sarah, live or on recording before now. I am really hoping they decide to record the Symphony tour for CD and DVD, as I would love to have that song. The show was breathtaking and Sarah was in better voice than ever.

BroadwayBenny
#53Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 11/26/08 at 5:54pm

another good review, this one from the NYTimes
New York Times review

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#54Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 11/27/08 at 5:54am

That's a rave from the New York Times, a great review from someone with a lot of knowledge of music.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#55Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 11/28/08 at 6:49pm

For any more information
visit www.sarah-brightman.com

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#56Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/1/08 at 2:42pm

Any other reviews?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#57Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/1/08 at 3:02pm

The Chicago Tribune selected her Christmas CD as one of the worst Holiday Albums:

9. "A Winter Symphony," Sarah Brightman (Manhattan)
She could harp on and on. You can never have enough harps at Christmas. But what better accompaniment than … jungle drums? "Symphony" sounds as if Brightman sang the whole thing through a frosty glass window in a VH1 video, barely holding back the tears. Or, even more harps.

PEACE.

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#58Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/1/08 at 5:01pm

Truthfully, I'd prefer it if she went for a low-key approach. I don't care for glitz. But I've always loved her voice and always will.

muscle23ftl
#59Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/5/08 at 1:54am

Betty, when are you going to review this concert?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#60Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/5/08 at 10:30am

Sorry I never posted about the Hamilton show. Sarah herself was perfection: in great voice and really putting out. However, I think this production was not up to par with the Harem tour. It may be the current economy, but it is clear that production values were scaled back and there were some lags in the show, namely, when the audience had to wait for Sarah to walk to the end of the catwalk in a billowy gown without assistance. It kind of floored me that her back up girls didn't help her.

Sarah is the consumate performer and is a gracious diva. She looks and sounds gorgeous, is appreciative of her praise and her fans. She also recycled several stage crafts from the Harem Tour. Many of her costumes looked cheap, like failed Project Runway challenges.

I continue to be amazed by Sarah and she will most likely always be my favorite. However, I do believe the Harem tour was her benchmark. I am happy to say that I paid the same both 4 years ago and last week (89 dollars) for tickets very close to the stage, so maybe that is why Sarah is keeping costs down.

I also wondered who her director was because the blocking was questionable. Sarah spend much time singing at the end of a runway, which was lovely for me since I was at the end of the runway, but those who paid more for seats close to the actual stage had to turn around to see her back. She also lay on the floor at two points and no one could see her.

The projections were amazing and Srah riding the bike was the coolest part of the concert for me.

The mirror effect fell flat in my opinion. Reflecting Sarah and the dancers on the floor really did nothing for me.

All in all, the diva rose above her stage craft, so maybe next time she will scale back even more to make the focus on her.

All in all an amazing talent and well worth it. Also, the box set of orchestrations of her best known pieces is stunningly gorgeous.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

muscle23ftl
#61Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/5/08 at 2:30pm

I don't remember the audience having to wait for Sarah to walk to the end of the catwalk? Or any cheap costumes? They were mostly very ravishing dresses I thought, the only one I didn't like is the one she wore to sing "Time to Say Goodbye" and the green dress she used for "Phantom", didn't look too good from far, but from up close it was gorgeous.
The mirror effect wowed the audience both times I saw the concert, and I thought it was fantastic. Also the fact that she was at the end of the catwalk for some songs, in my opinion, although the people on the 1st 5 rows had to turn around to look at her, the rest of the stadium got to see her from a little closer for a couple of numbers, so I think that was alright.

BroadwayBenny
#62Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/5/08 at 7:22pm

Well, it looks as though the concert will be filmed for DVD in L.A.

I heard they were having issues with photographing the holographic animation, but have figured out a way to make it work.

muscle23ftl
#63Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/6/08 at 3:41pm

I was lucky enough to attend to Sarah's Cleveland, OH concert, and the arena was half empty, unlike being nearly sold out like it was in Sunrise, FL.
Cleveland's most important newspaper raves her concert:

Sarah Brightman delivers perfection at The Q
Saturday, December 06, 2008
John Soeder
Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

There's over-the-top, then there's Sarah Brightman. The British soprano went all out when she performed Tuesday night at The Q in Cleveland. The only thing modest about the occasion was the turnout. The arena was three-quarters empty, with the uppermost level curtained off completely.

If this was a blow to Brightman's ego, she didn't show it. She wasted no time showing off those gilded pipes of hers. During the opening number, "Gothica / Fleurs du Mal," she executed a stratospheric flourish with sufficient force to cause a bit of confetti to float downward prematurely from the rafters. Impressive!

You'll find Brightman's music filed under "classical-crossover," which basically means she belts out pop songs as if they were arias and arias as if they were pop songs. Think easy-listening meets a night at the opera.

Brightman, 48, delivered nary a bum note. Still, for all her technical perfection, she could leave you a bit cold at times. Take her rendition of the Louis Armstrong chestnut "What a Wonderful World," updated with a vaguely techno arrangement. Brightman's intonation and breath control were flawless. Give me Satchmo's gravelly version any day.

Brightman's elaborate touring production entailed a seven-piece band, eight dancers and multiple outfits for the headliner -- including a black evening gown accessorized with matching angel wings -- not to mention a mastery of delicately expressive hand gestures.

She kept the eye candy coming, too. Brightman sang "Attessa" from a swing high above the audience, "Storia d'Amore" from atop a "Princess and the Pea"-worthy stack of mattresses and the Kansas oldie "Dust in the Wind" from the middle of a holographic forest, complete with fireflies.

The performance lasted just under two hours, not counting a brief intermission.

Lying down on the job was part of the act. "Hijo de la Luna" found Brightman flat on her back, seemingly floating in a pool via a neat optical illusion while her dancers executed a synchronized-swimming routine.

"Edgy" isn't the first word that springs to mind when describing Brightman. It's not the second, third or fourth word, either. Give her this much, though: She has a predilection for quirky unpredictability.

No, she didn't reenact any scenes from "Repo! The Genetic Opera," a gory new musical film she stars in. Yet it was just as weird seeing her ride a bike onstage during an eerie, as-yet-unreleased song inspired by Little Red Riding Hood.

Brightman revisited her most famous theatrical role to the tune of "The Phantom of the Opera," which made for a melodramatic duet with Greek tenor Mario Frangoulis. Brightman harmonized with Argentine countertenor Fernando Lima for a warm and fuzzy "Ave Maria."

Alas, Andrea Bocelli wasn't also waiting in the wings, so Brightman had to sing their smash "Time to Say Goodbye" by herself, earning a standing ovation before it really was time to say goodbye with "Deliver Me" and "Running."

muscle23ftl
#64Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/6/08 at 3:43pm

I forgot to post the link http://www.cleveland.com/plaindealer/stories/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-0/1228555857316750.xml&coll=2

and to say that I am glad I got to see this concert for the 2nd time with a BWWer, sbflyfan!

muscle23ftl
#65Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/8/08 at 7:53pm

Last dates! Don't miss this thrilling concert!

muscle23ftl
#65Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/8/08 at 7:53pm

Last dates! Don't miss this thrilling concert!

muscle23ftl
#67Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/9/08 at 3:54am

This is a review of her "One Night in Eden" Tour, back in 1999. I just wanted to post it:

CONCERT REVIEW

Sarah Brightman
One Night in Eden
By Seth Bisen-Hersh
Staff Writer

October 8 and 9, 1999

The Wang Theatre

270 Tremont St.

There are many different kinds of concerts: classical, broadway, pop. Put them all together, add choreography, spectacular lighting, and colorful costumes and you get Sarah Brightman’s One Night in Eden. Best known for being the original Christine DaaÉ in The Phantom of the Opera and also for being the former Mrs. Andrew Lloyd Webber, Ms. Brightman created an eclectic evening of many different styles.

I’m just going to say it: Sarah Brightman is amazing. Any words I could come up to describe her soaring soprano would be an understatement. I believe I speak for the entire audience when I say that if she had simply worn one dress and just stood there singing to us the entire night, we would have still been swept away. However, Brightman decided to treat the audience to special lights, sets, costumes and even choreography. Also, she perfored songs from a myriad of genres segueing from classical right into pop music and vice versa. And she handled every song beautifully.

First of all, the show opened with, unsurprisingly, a grand entrance for Brightman. Her six male dancers came out and danced around, leaving the center open, and voila, the curtain opened and there she was in a dazzling gown while stretched out on a bed. It was from there that she sang her first classical piece of the evening. The rest of the first act consisted of mostly classical songs with a few pop songs thrown in. She sang a smashing rendition of “Who wants to Live Forever?” as the lights flickered all around her. Other effects included her ascending a large staircase with a very long dress, turning around and singing as fans blew her hair back. Every single effect was breathtaking, which is really quite amazing considering that this was a concert, not a show.

The highlight of Act One was Brightman’s rendition of Lloyd Webber’s “Pie Jesu.” It was actually quite a relief to hear a song I knew. Everything she had sung up to that point was simply lovely, but I was very glad to hear her sing something I knew from her repertoire. Although she performed the song alone, without a little boy and a huge chorus, it was still amazing. Brightman is very well trained. When she sings, she knows exactly where to put the sound so that it travels flawlessly from her mouth to our ears. The sound was so immensely focused that it resonated throughout the vast Wang Theatre especially the higher she went. For her Act One finale, she sang her highest note of the evening which sent the audience immediately into a giant ovation as the curtain closed.

Act Two of Brightman’s performance was much more contemporary. There were still many splendid effects, though. The best effect of the evening was when she sang “Captain Nemo” and simulated being underwater. This was accomplished by having her half-floating, half-flying up above the stage behind a blue, rippling scrim.

I would have to say that the low point of the evening was her rendition of “The Heart Will Go On” in Italian. Not that she wasn’t great, but I really do think I’m sick of that song although it being in Italian was a nice change. In any case, the low point was soon followed by the major high points of the evening. They began with a medley of Brightman’s songs from The Phantom of the Opera. Brightman started with a few of her recitatives and then sang a powerful rendition of “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again.” It was just amazing. There is just no other word for it.

Brightman’s finale for the evening was the renowned love song Lloyd Webber had written for her, “The Music of the Night.” Her version was thrilling. Before she hit any of the high notes, Brightman would start on the note an octave lower for an instant and then seamlessly connect the higher note. The two encores were the final high points of the evening. The songs just got better and better. She did Evita’s “Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina” and then the title song from her new CD, “It’s Time to Say Goodbye.” After all three of these songs, she received a massive standing ovation from the virtually sold-out Wang Theatre.

Sarah Brightman is amazing. If you ever get the chance to see her in anything, be it a show or concert or whatever, go to it. She is beyond a doubt one of the best sopranos who ever lived. Her style and love of many musical styles adds to her appeal and charming personality. Her beauty and beautiful singing voice will enrapture you. You, too, will get to join her on her journey to Eden.

muscle23ftl
#68Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/10/08 at 2:18am

Any other reviews?

muscle23ftl
#69Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/14/08 at 4:39pm

I can't believe so many people are missing this theatrical event! Anyone going to the dates in Washington State, any of the 4 California dates or Arizona?

muscle23ftl
#70Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:42am

The Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour

We are pleased to announce that Sarah will be bringing the SYMPHONY WORLD TOUR to selected countries in Asia from February to April, 2009!

JAPAN: Tickets go on-sale Dec 20 at www.udo.jp

Feb 23 Tokyo / Budokan
Feb 25 Fukuoka / Kokusai Center
Feb 27 Nagoya / Gaishi Hall
Mar 02 Osaka / Castle Hall
Mar 04 Tokyo / Budokan
TAIWAN: Tickets go on-sale Dec 25 at www.ticket.com.tw

Apr 04 Taipei / Taiwan Taipei Arena
Apr 05 Taipei / Taiwan Taipei Arena
Announcements for other territories will be released shortly. Please check back here in coming days/weeks for more dates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

muscle23ftl
#71Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 8/3/09 at 2:00pm

The diva's production assistant mentioned that some new dates in Mexico and South America will be announced shortly...

www.sarah-brightman.com

muscle23ftl
#72Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 9/30/09 at 9:13pm

The DIVA will begin her new tour this Friday in Mexico, DF. She will do 6 recitals in Mexico, 3 in Brazil, and one in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.

The concert at the Luna Park in Buenos Aires, Argentina is about to sell out, over a 90% sold and there are still 18 days left.

Mexico DF, and Guadalajara(Mexico) are sold out.

www.sarah-brightman.com

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#73Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 9/30/09 at 11:13pm

I LOVE HER!

LOVE.

The DIVA indeed.

P

The Glorious Ones
#74Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
Posted: 9/30/09 at 11:18pm

Surely she can swing by the US for another round while she's on this side of the globe?

"Artists are always on the vanguard of change: they give the community a vision."
"Desire comes from the Latin "de sire", or "of the father", or "of the stars". We want what is magical, what is out there, what is of the stars. And so our characters should as well."
"If there are people who don't believe in you, don't hang out with them. Wish them well, wish them peace, and move on."