pixeltracker

The Official "Bad High School Productions on YouTube" Megathread- Page 7

The Official "Bad High School Productions on YouTube" Megathread

SporkGoddess
#150re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 9/7/08 at 10:37pm

I think that she could be good if she had some training.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

SporkGoddess
#152re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 9/18/08 at 10:02pm

Oh my God, I love the Scarlet Pimpernel one. The editing alone XD

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#153re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 9/22/08 at 7:52pm

Hey, I love that Scarlet Pimpernel one. I watch it at least once a week. Any Chauvelin who can teleport is awesome in my book. (And if you watch Madame Guillotine or one of the other vids, that Chauvelin actually can sing a lot better than this when he's in a more comfortable range.)

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

PiraguaGuy2
#154re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/10/08 at 9:30pm

Bump.
Let's keep this alive!

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#155re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/10/08 at 9:34pm

OMG! Pipmy! They actually censored the word "damn"? Who censors damn??? And with "go!". It was very Phantom.

bwaybound865 Profile Photo
bwaybound865
#156re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 2:09am

This thread like totally made my night. All of these videos are so hilarious!

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#157re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 2:50pm

I know that Blacklick Valley High School's production of Les Miserables is infamous on this thread, but I thought I'd share my favorite scene of theirs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTUsN480ksk

Normally, "Runaway Cart" makes me giggle for being an awkward moment of the show.

Here, it makes me laugh for all the wrong reasons.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

Updated On: 10/11/08 at 02:50 PM

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#158re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 3:34pm

You there! You are a member of Abaisse, aren't you? re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread

You might recognize me by my username, or by the person I chose to put in my avatar...

P.S. I love that Javert's fluffy pirate hat. He needs a stupid curly mustache to complete the look.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 10/11/08 at 03:34 PM

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#159re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 3:49pm

I was watching the video of our favorite high school performing "At The End of The Day" and what cracks me up (besides the horrific singing and sewing choreography) is the fact that they censored some of the lyrics but kept the line "I might have known the bitch could bite." What gives??

EDIT: Can't resist posting this. It's the "Upon These Stones/Building the Barricade" sequence. Enjolras is terrible, and the actor playing Javert goes waaaay flat when he sings the line "In The days of my youth". The only decent actress is the girl who played Eponine. Sorry if it's already posted.

Building The Barricade/ On My Own

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
Updated On: 10/11/08 at 03:49 PM

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#160re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 5:47pm

You there! You are a member of Abaisse, aren't you?
Aye, yes I am! re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread And yes, I recognize your name! (as well as your avatar).

I was tempted to comment on Javert's fluffy hat ... the curly moustache would have made it funnier, for sure.

Also, I agree, the girl playing Eponine is quite good. Perhaps the only good part of their production. I'm sure she'd be better with training, but the talent is there.

What I love most are the costumes - matching red vests and berets at the barricade! It's genius!

But, not quite as genius as having people wave the French flag at the barricade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-u78SGWGw&NR=1

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

Updated On: 10/11/08 at 05:47 PM

PiraguaGuy2
#161re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 5:53pm

Haha, I didn't even notice that.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

dg22894
#162re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 10:57pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GXT4GhJsB8

It is middle school but still. The sweatshirt got stuck I was in this production it was funny.

Mekroth
#163re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/11/08 at 11:39pm

@ Cats. Crazy-ass Christian schools censor "Damn." Hell, I had to fight to just keep "demme" in there, and we still almost got shut down.

When we did Into the Woods, we had to censor "Witch" because the administration was afraid of any association with witchcraft. Instead, we all just said "Enchantress."

As for the pimpy video's quality: Yes, my editing is awful, but I thought that the production was handled pretty well.

HumATune Profile Photo
HumATune
#164re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 12:52am

Edited: At least the first one is a joke

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=h0DSw-OYMCY

But this one isn't

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMfvRZnHTQ&feature=related Updated On: 10/12/08 at 12:52 AM

#165re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 12:59am

The singing isn't terrible, but the acting and costumes just cracks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPbu62WCb8&feature=related

PookieBear
#166re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 4:21am

hmmmm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNrQzeHlu8

hahaha.hahaha.hahaha.hahaha.hahaha.hahaha. merrily old land of oz........

why yes, i do frequently burst out in song. i have a very serious medical condition called musical tourettes. :)

eatlasagna
#167re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 10:47am

haha... that wizard of oz one had me laughing... but it sounded weirded so i looked up HKAPA SMS... and sure enough my thoughts were confirmed... HKAPA is the Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts... no wonder the kids and adults all had accents!!!! at first i thought it was just truly bad acting/characterization.... hahaa... and despite how cheesy and bad the group dancing was.. they were pretty spot on and in unison... GO ASIANS! hahaa..

gypsy4
#168re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:21am

tell me what you guys think of my local highschools production of crazy for you.

crazy for you.

#169re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 12:39pm

hahaha i had to go through this whole thread to make sure i wasent up there.

Jon
#170re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 1:38pm

gypsy4 - why was the first dance section with the girls at like HALF the normal tempo?

And why was Polly still in overalls? She's supposed to be dressed up for the show that never happened.

bwaylvsong
#171re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 5:27pm

Gypsy4, I'm not familiar with CFY but it sounded fine until the guys started singing.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#172re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 5:54pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYTXa-5M4Ro&feature=related

I knew David Archuleta was a flamer long before IDOL!
HAHA!

I agree! WORST. COSTUME. EVER.

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

gypsy4
#173re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 8:20pm

I was not part of that production because i'm not in hs yet but i do know they had to slow it down part of that was because of the orchestra and the conductor they couldn't play that fast i was sort of dissapointed. and i have no idea why polly wasn't dressed that actress happens to be good friend of mine but i guess thats what the director wanted.

Song4EveryKiss
#174re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
Posted: 10/12/08 at 9:16pm

I absolutely LOVE the Falcon in the Dive pirouette or pencil turn or whatever that was at :45 and the ,what i like to call, "baby Chauvelin pout" at 1:05. I just cant stop watching that one. It wins in my book.