pixeltracker

Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...

Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#1Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:10pm

Posted this months ago, it wasn't official yet, it is now...
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=32942

Thoughts?

Goodbye
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 04:10 PM

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:20pm

re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#2re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:21pm

Yay. More titles for the suburbanites. Yay.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 4:32pm

I am having trouble grasping the idea that this show is going to come to Broadway. I hate U2 with a passion and I hate Bono. I do however love Taymore's work. I would find it funny if Taymore got really artistic with this and decided not to use the classic Spider-Man costume everyone knows and loves. It would be funny to sit next to a comic book nerd who is throwing a fit because the costume is not the right color.

Actually, what would be funnier is to be siting next to a comic book nerd who is counting every little thing that isn't accurate to the way they are in the comic books.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

bwayfan9
#4re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:03pm

Sometimes, bad ideas work.

Obama/Biden 08

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#5re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:05pm

Exactly. Case and point Cats.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

bwayfan9
#6re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:05pm

and assaisns, and grey gardens, and LB

Obama/Biden 08

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#7re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:25pm

"Taymore"

TAYMOR

"Case and point"

Case IN Point

"assaisns"

ASSASINS

Defying - what did you post months ago? This isn't breaking news.

They had a private industry reading, of the first rough cut, last Winter. And Taymor has been taking backstage tours of the Hilton since Janurary

Old news.

I heard the REAL demo (not the fake one circulating) and it sucks monkey balls!

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

perfectliar
#8re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:39pm

"ASSASINS"

Assassins re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...

Erin1980 Profile Photo
Erin1980
#9re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:45pm

Ha.
Mispelers arr phunie.

It's a damn fine day to tell the truth!

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#10re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:01pm

Michael Arden for Peter.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#11re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:40pm

I would find it funny if Taymor got really artistic with this and decided not to use the classic Spider-Man costume everyone knows and loves.

I can't imagine them not using the red and blue costume for Spider-Man. It's almost iconic, and it's been used in every incarnation of Spider-Man from the original comics all the way up to the recent movies. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to give Spider-Man a different looking costume for the show. Frankly, I don't think Marvel would allow it.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#12re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/23/08 at 11:58pm

If she is touring the Hilton, does that mean they don't expect YF to be around a year or so from now. Maybe it won't. I don't know. But I feel I am the only one on these boards who was pleased with the show.

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#13re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/24/08 at 12:00am

They've had their eye on the Hilton for months and months... it's nothing new.

It has the best fly space (and backstage) for what they need to do, according to Reidel. He wrote about it in an article from Februrary I believe. Maybe someone can dig it up

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

perfectliar
#14re: Spider-Man coming to Broadway, maybe...
Posted: 9/24/08 at 12:09am

My friend is an usher at Young Frankenstein, and he predicts it will be closed by the new year.

Videos