Obscure B'way musical title

Mizner
#1Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 1:13am

HELP! Does anyone have any idea what title of this show is given these spaces and punctation?

_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

the _ stand for the letters in a word and the - is either a hyphen or a dash of sorts...

This is random, I know but it would help me out so freakin much
Updated On: 9/26/08 at 01:13 AM

Mizner
#2re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 2:20am

ok I don't know why this is screwing up, but the thing is there are supposed to be 3 words with 5 letters in the first and 6 letters in both the second and third words with a hyphen between the first and second words. AH! I know, but anything you can give me would be much appreciated

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#2re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 2:32am

So it looks like this?

_ _ _ _ _ -_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#3re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 2:40am

Are you sure it's not 6-5-6? It could be "August: Osage County". Yes, I know that's a colon, not a hyphen, but that's all I got.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#4re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 2:52am

Wow it didn't work for me either. Weird.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

Mizner
#5re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 2:59am

Ha yeah I know it's crazy right?

I tried the August:... thing but the first word only has 5 letters, but thank you!

Any other suggestions?

#6re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 3:25am

I'm guessing this is an upcoming High School or college musical an the teacehr is giving out unhelpful clues....

Mizner
#7re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 3:41am

Ha that would be devilishly sneaky, but no this is actually an assignment for one of my classes. My professor said we could use all the resources in the world expect him. He's a little too brilliant when it comes to theatre

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#8re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 4:45am

Did he give you any hints other than it's a musical that was on Broadway at some point in time?

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

Mizner
#9re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 4:47am

Nope, that's it. Ridiculous, I know. And somehow I managed to find 10 others like it too, this one's just impossible!

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#10re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 4:52am

Dang... I have no clue. The only musical I even know off the top of my head with a hyphen is Cry-Baby, and that's no where near enough letters!

EDIT: Okay, this musical officially does not exist. I just searched every musical on IBDB and the closest I got was Nine-Fifteen Revue... so it either wasn't on Broadway or there isn't a hyphen or the wrong number of letters... I was thinking maybe it's Gypsy - Patti Lupone, but that would be 5 - 5 6, not 6 6

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes
Updated On: 9/26/08 at 04:52 AM

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#11re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 7:52am

Could it possibly be one five letter word followed by three words? There was an obscure musical called Otoyo/Japan by Night. (OK - it's not a hyphen either).

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#12re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 10:18am

I just looked through the list of Broadway musicals on wikipedia and did a search for words with a hyphen -- NOTHING came up that matches what you have there. Are you sure that's it? No other clues at all? What is it in reference to? All he gave you was 5-6 6 and said it was a Broadway show at some point?

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#13re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 12:59pm

do we know if it is a musical or a play?

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

handsome25
#14re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 1:47pm

This is just a guess but how about Forty-Second Street? I know that it’s usually seen as 42nd Street but on the tams-witmark website it is listed fully spelled out and it fits.

kyleorlando Profile Photo
kyleorlando
#15re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 1:53pm

The only thing I've been able to come up with is:

Lloyd-Webber, Andrew

Current Avatar: Me.
Current Saying: What do you mean it isn't enough being pretty? Have you seen my headshots?!?

ScottInLA
#16re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 2:02pm

This is just a guess but how about Forty-Second Street? I know that it’s usually seen as 42nd Street but on the tams-witmark website it is listed fully spelled out and it fits.

That was my guess (and reasoning) as well, given that nothing else seems to work.

Maraclea2 Profile Photo
Maraclea2
#17re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 3:54pm

Wicked!

But you are, my love, the astronaut/ Flying in the face of science/ I will gladly stay an afterthought/ Just bring back some nice reminders

Paul W. Thompson Profile Photo
Paul W. Thompson
#18re: Obscure B'way musical title
Posted: 9/26/08 at 4:05pm

Of course, "Forty-Second Street" is it. How clever of you!

And I always refer to that green-grrl-power show (as opposed to the now closing blonde-grrl-power show) as "The 'Wicked.'" You know, like "The 'Messiah,'" "The 'Camelot'" and "The 'Cats.'"

lol

Videos