pixeltracker

New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE- Page 2

New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 5/3/09 at 1:20am

Awesome! I love it when shows premiere here in San Diego. I can't wait!

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#26re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 5/3/09 at 2:00am

CATSNYrevival, if you are in San Diego, did you see Duncan Sheik and Holly Brook perform at Anthology in downtown San Diego?

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 5/3/09 at 2:06am

No, I did not. re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE

Paulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
#28re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 5/5/09 at 3:20pm

I've just sat through a new movie teen indie movie called Dare, which has an original movie score by Duncan Sheik. The film itself is overloaded which Broadway names - Alan Cumming, Cady Huffman, Ana Gasteyer and even Sandra Bernhard makes an appearance. Shame it's lead star is Emmy Rossum. Not a bad little film anyway. Not too sure when it's out though

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#29re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 5/5/09 at 3:23pm

It will be workshopped at the Powerhouse Play Festival this summer. I'll be there, so I'll give a report.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

tommigyrl5
#30re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/5/09 at 8:06am

I saw it too...what did you think KAD?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#31re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/5/09 at 8:31am

^What did YOU think???

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AndAllThatJazz22
#32re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/5/09 at 12:10pm

Uh-oh. I think I'm about to buy the recording *must resist. must save money*

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/5/09 at 2:23pm

I'm going to refrain from commenting on what I saw out of respect of the wishes of the Powerhouse Festival. Everything there is a work in progress, and if the artists involved don't want their works to be discussed until they feel they are ready, that should be honored.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

AndAllThatJazz22
#34re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/5/09 at 2:26pm

^ Did the show seem to be headed in the right direction?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#35re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:17pm

Yes, definitely.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#36re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:21pm

Well, that's something.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Gary Indiana
#37re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/6/09 at 9:38pm

I saw it at the Powerhouse too, and while it's still obviously in need of work, I would love to see it again, and I really hope it makes it to Broadway.

tommigyrl5
#38re: New Duncan Sheik Musical, WHISPER HOUSE
Posted: 8/11/09 at 12:26am

Updated On: 8/14/09 at 12:26 AM