pixeltracker

TKTS booth finally reopens today...first 1,000 tickets are FREE!- Page 2

TKTS booth finally reopens today...first 1,000 tickets are FREE!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
#25re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 2:13pm

....and cost that money!!! Where is that money?

KimmySwimmy Profile Photo
KimmySwimmy
#26re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:00pm

MamasDoin'Fine - What is the new booth going to look like?? In the same spot? I was in London back in Feb and the booth there was so much easier to deal with than the one here. There was no one in line so I had a nice chat with one of the guys working there about the NYC theater scene. Very pleasant experience compared to the cranky people here!

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#27re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:14pm

Does anyone know how many windows there are and where they are located?

MamasDoin'Fine
#28re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 3:41pm

I know what you mean about the people at the NY TKTS- they certainly don't have any love for their job leave alone the theatre itself! The rudest people that tourists have to meet must work at TKTS NY

broadwayboy522
#29re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:16pm

Sorry but it doesn't look like the 2 year wait. The only TKTS booth I've been to was when it was at the Marquis and that seemed to make so much more sense! But oh well

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#30re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:18pm

I wonder if all 1000 tickets have been given away already? I've unfortunately got tickets to a show tonight already, but I told a friend from work about it and she was hoping to maybe pick up one of the free tickets when she leaves work in a bit.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#31re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:25pm

I think my boyfriend and I got some of the last tickets, around 3:15pm.

Yay front row of 13!

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#32re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:25pm

The woman who gave me my voucher had a large stack (I was in the front of the line) but I saw her again after I had gotten my tickets and she had nothing in her hand. I would assume they have all been given out.

fetzles1490
#33re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:26pm

I got on line at around 2:30, and it was extremely disorganized from what I could tell. Besides the fact that hardly anybody KNEW about the vouchers, nobody knew where they were being given out. So I assumed they were just being handed out at the window. When I was in view of the windows, I asked someone who worked there whether there were any left and he said yes. I was all set to get August: Osage County tickets when I got up to the window and was told "No, we don't give out the vouchers. They're being handed out somewhere out there, I don't know, but I don't think there's any left anyway." So I just left. I wasted an hour, and I'm pretty annoyed.

WaltSummersPI
#34re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:31pm

I thought it was pretty badly run, too. Can't beat the price, tho.

MamasDoin'Fine
#35re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:31pm

Why didn't they just give people two free tickets to a show they asked for at the window? Simple! What was the need for vouchers??? If you wanted to see a show you were given free tickets to it there and then. What's the point of people wondering around giving out vouchers???
Updated On: 10/16/08 at 04:31 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#36re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:39pm

Drunk Chita, that info is in the BWW article I think. I think it is 12 windows. They will have one designated for plays only so there won't as long of a wait for those who want to see a play and not a musical.

Just give the world Love.

WaltSummersPI
#37re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:40pm

MamasDoin'Fine, because then you wouldn't know it was sponsored by Target.

MamasDoin'Fine
#38re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:44pm

They could have given a flyer advertising TARGET TARGET TARGET out with the handing over of the tickets!
Simple!

Esparzafan Profile Photo
Esparzafan
#39re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:51pm

I got there around 4:10 and the vouchers were long gone. It was definitely worth a shot, though.

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#40re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:01pm

That's too bad - I'll tell her to save herself a trip. Thanks everyone!

What a nice promotion though. Wish I would've known about it sooner.

Esparzafan Profile Photo
Esparzafan
#41re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:07pm

I wish I had known sooner, too. It's a very cool promotion!

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#42re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:17pm

That's so awesome that they gave away free tickets! I would love to see a picture.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

MamasDoin'Fine
#43re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:20pm

What's under the black trash bin liners?

sgv123
broadfan327
#45re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/16/08 at 10:38pm

Are credit card transactions the same price as cash?

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#46re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:27am

I wish the tkts booth stayed at the Marriot Marquis site. I lined up for tickets last night, and it was total frustration. First off, the window holes from where the agents can hear you are too low. I asked for Equus tix, and the agent had no idea what show I was referring to. I felt like saying "it's the one where Harry Potter shows his dick!" Although I do like the fact that they are now accepting credit cards, I think it adds more to the waiting time. The pen they gave me to sign with didn't work. At the window next door, the pen got stuck in the slot.I asked how much the tickets were, and the agent couldn't tell me until I told him if I will be paying by credit card or cash. Does anyone know if there is a price difference? Or if I will get better seats if I use either? Hopefully this was all just first-day madness for the workers and that it will run more smoothly next time.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#47re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:38am

Thanks for posting the video. I thought the windows were underground or that you had to go down stairs to get to them. (I may have read that wrong) Also, those steps look as if they may be slippery when wet. Has anyone been on them. Kind of hard to really tell from the video. Still can't wait to get there and see it. Would love to see a full picture of it. Like an overhead or a shot from across the street.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#48re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/17/08 at 10:45am

According to TV news reports, the stairs have an anti-slip something-or-other on them...

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#49re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
Posted: 10/17/08 at 11:14am

Ah! Thanks Craig! Was that on NY1? I meant to look online to see if they covered it.