pixeltracker

How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?

How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/9/08 at 11:15pm

How easy is it to win the SHREK lotto? I will be doing it on either a Tues, Wed, or Thurs night.

Also -- at what time is it recommended to get in line for ALL MY SONS student rush? Again, for a Tues/Wed/Thurs eve performance.

Thanks in advance!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#2re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/9/08 at 11:18pm

All My Sons usually doesn't have rush, but it never hurts to check. The Shrek lotto is insanely easy during the week because they do the drawing at 10 AM.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/9/08 at 11:29pm

That lotto is so bizarre. Who the heck is around (and not working) at that hour during the week. Makes NO sense.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/9/08 at 11:30pm

Well that's a relief! Anyone know where those seats are located??

Would it be wise of me to use the Playbill discount code for ALL MY SONS then?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#4re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 12:34am

The Shrek lotto seats are the first row on the sides and the boxes closest to the stage. Make sure you're not the 3rd or 4th person to buy your lotto seats because you'll get the seats in the orchestra all the way on either side and won't be able to see much. You could get tickets for All My Sons at TKTS, or if you don't mind standing get standing room.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 11:34am

How much are the SHREK Lotto tkts?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#6re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 11:38am

Has ALL MY SONS discontinued its rush policy? When I saw the show in previews, they sold the partial view seats on the extreme sides of the orchestra (if they had them) three hours before curtain for $26.50, 1 per ID.

The seats were extremely obstructed (I moved to a box at intermission both times,) but the show was good enough to warrant getting a ticket in any capacity.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

pli1018
#7re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 11:39am

Shrek tickets are $26.50

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#9re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 1:09pm

I guess I'll just do TKTS for both.

--Aristotle

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#10re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 2:03pm

I saw All My Sons on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. There was rush.

I also entered the Shrek lottery the day before Thanksgiving and won.

BroadwayBoy2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBoy2
#11re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 2:15pm

What the process of the Shrek Lotto?

I'll have them clawing at eachother, like drag queens at a wig sale"

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#12re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 2:53pm

Okay, so it's easy on weekdays. How about weekends? I've been really wanting to see this show, and I have Sunday night free. What are the chances of winning on a Sunday?

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#13re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 3:22pm

I got there at 9:30 or so. Put my name is. My friend put hers in. At 10 am the girl started calling out winners. She was a bit disorganized and lots of people ended up leaving because she said there were no more tickets left.... well she miscounted as I guessed, and it was kind of a mad frenzy to secure the last set of tickets. Anyways, afterward (I had read here, it's best to be the last to get seats) my friend and I went over to grab some seats for Pal Joey that night and then lined up for Shrek. The woman from the lottery drawing wasn't even there yet, so all the winners were just waiting around. They even cheered when she showed up, haha. The winners presented their IDs and got seats for $26.50. Mine was in a box. I ended up moving to center orch row H on the aisle during intermission.

bwayj102 Profile Photo
bwayj102
#14re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 8:50pm

I was at All My Sons two Saturdays ago for a 2:00 show and I got 7th row center orchestra Student Rush seats for $26.50(and we got to the box office around 12:30-1:00).

dramadude Profile Photo
dramadude
#15re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/10/08 at 11:55pm

For "All My Sons" student rush tickets, is it one or two tickets per ID?

Thanks!

#16re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/11/08 at 12:02am

i just rushed All My Sons tonight at about 8:00 exactly-- no problem. Orch Row H far left side, but it wasn't a bad seat at all. You can get 2 tickets. Box Office didn't ask for my ID, maybe because I was cutting it close.

Also, Bernadette Peters was there.

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#17re: How easy is it to win SHREK lotto? ALL MY SONS student rush?
Posted: 12/11/08 at 2:19am

I would have died if I was there with Bernadette Peters.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Videos