pixeltracker

Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry- Page 2

Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#25re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/17/08 at 10:34pm

Well, the problem is, the two of them are so entirely non-sexual during that number that the pedophilia aspect isn't really explored as fully as it could be. They barely make eye contact when they're singing, much less body contact.

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#26re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/17/08 at 11:00pm

Idina and Taye physically. He was all over her during her first verse, it's crazy. Unfortunately, as mentioned, his vocals were just not up to par with hers and they did not blend well.

Idina and Norbert had amazing vocal chemistry and very, very good physical chemistry, 2nd only to hers with Taye.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#27re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:57am

Of the pairs I've seen Lisa Brescia and Kristoffer Cusick were the worst together. I LOVE Lisa's Elphaba and she was giving it her all, but Kristoffer gave absolutely nothing. She might as well have been singing to a corpse.

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#28re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:08am

^ It's too bad to hear that, I haven't been back to Wicked in awhile but when I saw Kristoffer Cusick last I really liked his Fiyero, he's my favorite but I have heard things like that from a lot of people who know the show and have been more recently. I really want to go again in Chi-town before my friend and I go for the last show just to see it once more when it's a "normal" show day.

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

RentBoy86
#29re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 1:10am

Maybe Tveit and Reiber have a little thing going. Uh-oh. Scandal!

DefyGravity777
#30re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 7:47am

"In terms of sheer dullness, I have to say that the pairing of Marcie Dodd and Kevin Kern is absolutely sleep inducing."

I thought that Julie and Kevin were just as dull if not duller than Marcie and Kevin. The only thing that kept me awake was her voice. Well you couldn't even hear his since she drowned him out. It seems like all he does with any of his Elphie's is sit there looking at them. I would hate to see him paired up with Chelsea Krombach. That would really add to the creepy factor since she is only 25.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#31re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 8:18am

Kerry Ellis + Oli Tompsett in the London production are always on top form together.

You can tell they're pretty close, but not in a Will & Grace way. There's all these sweet stories of Oli doing Kerry's favourite riffs of his during ALAYM which sent her off on her 'last' night in London.

If what's being said can be believed, Oli and Alexia (Stood in for Kerry) and Cassidy (ex-Stand-by) had good chemistry...and Kerry with Aaron did too.

Must be a chemistry-powered couple of actors there!

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#32re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 11:30am

"Aaron Tveit & Julie Reiber

I second that.

I third that. "

I fourth that.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

timjones6643
#33re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:17pm

I have to disagree with your opinion of Kevin Kern. I think he's a fine Fiyero...maybe not the best ever but I really liked him. I think I'm right in believing that "As Long As You're Mine" shouldn't necessarily be a traditional touchy feely love song. They're running for their lives through the forest...it should be filled with danger and intensity not riffs and petting. Plus, this is the first time Fiyero and Elphaba tell each other how they really feel about one another...it shouldn't feel comfortable. In fact, until Elphaba sings the first part of the song, Fiyero doesn't even know if she feels the same way about him! That's what's so great about this scene; it's about two people realizing they are lovers in the course of the song. I think if there is too much romance and superfluous vocal gymnastics the song loses it's true focus, which is basically the unveiling of the elephant that has always been in the room with these two characters. I thought Kevin and Marcie pulled this off just fine. As I said, maybe not the best but still pretty good.

xxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
#34re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:44pm

Nobert Leo Butz and Idina Menzel. Norbert has chemistry with everyone and everything. I so want to get out to the city and see him in Speed the Plow.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#35re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 12:47pm

Kevin Kern is far too old to be a believable Fiyero.

Couple that with a voice that's just not very good, and you have a disastrous Fiyero. He rivals David Ayers as the worst Fiyero the Broadway production has had.

timjones6643
#36re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 4:02pm

I don't think he's that bad. Plus, Norbert and Taye are like 10 years older than Kevin (and for that matter, Marcie is no spring chicken) so I don't see why that gave you such a problem.

LadyRosecoe
#37re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 4:24pm

My favorite "As Long As You're Mine" pairing, at least vocally, is definitely David and Shoshana.

Chemistry though might go to Idina and Norbert for me.

DefyGravity777
#38re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 5:00pm

"(and for that matter, Marcie is no spring chicken)"

Marcie is 30 but looks like she is 21. Same with Julie. Chelsea is 25 but looks like she is 18.

Isn't Kevin like 40?

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#39re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 5:01pm

Tviet and Reiber(for the fifth time)

Updated On: 12/18/08 at 05:01 PM

RentBoy86
#40re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 7:23pm

Well jeez, might have to check out this Tveit and Reiber pairing when he comes back to the show.

I didn't really notice any "chemistry" between him and Ellis when I saw it, but I didn't notice any lack of it either, so do with that what you want.

I've never really seen a Fieyro who was different from the rest. No one seems to want to play outside of the lines with that character.

DefyGravity777
#41re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 7:33pm

"Well jeez, might have to check out this Tveit and Reiber pairing when he comes back to the show."

Good luck with that seeing that she will most likely be gone from the show by then. Unless she extends again before Jenny D. comes in in Feb.

"I've never really seen a Fieyro who was different from the rest. No one seems to want to play outside of the lines with that character."

Brad Bass was the most different Fiyero that I have ever seen.

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#42re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 7:34pm

Aaron comes back in January.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

DefyGravity777
#43re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 7:38pm

"Aaron comes back in January."

Yes he does but Julie's last as standby as of right now is the end of December. Aaron comes back Jan 20th I believe.

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#44re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/18/08 at 10:44pm

I don't think Kevin Kern looks too old opposite Marcie Dodd, but I'll echo the sentiment that there was zero chemistry. (There was also little chemistry between Dodd and Mauzey, so maybe the problem is la Dudd.)

For best: Menzel/Diggs, Murney/Arcelus, Espinosa/Butz and, if you can buy him as straight for one song, then Espinosa/Derrick Williams.

coloratura
#45re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/22/08 at 5:07pm

I liked Kevin's performance and thought he did a fine job. Kevin is younger than Norbert so as far as him being too old... I don't think so.

dapperchapper
#46re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/22/08 at 6:35pm

I think the problem was Marcie no doubt. She didn't have chemistry with either of them. Kevin is an incredible singer/actor, he was an amazing Marius. I thought he was a great Fiyero.

EbonyEyez
#47re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 12/22/08 at 6:54pm

I don't think Kevin is as bad as everyone is saying. I found him to be a good Fiyero. I don't think it's Marcie's fault though. She and Alli had good chemistry when I saw them and I thought the chemistry between her and Kevin was on point as well.

charmer88 Profile Photo
charmer88
#48re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:39am

i thought that Amanda and Rob (from Melbourne) had fantastic chemistry during As Long As You're Mine.. they looked as though they were seriously gonna have sex on stage half way through the song.. Idina and Adam Garcia had great chemistry too, and Julia Murney just had great chemistry with everyone.. i loved her with Kyle McDaniel and Sebastian.. Dee is pretty good with any Fiyero she goes on with too.

Manny2
#49re: Best Elphaba-Fiyero Chemistry
Posted: 1/5/09 at 1:43am

Idina and Adam Garcia. They had great chemistry, and Adam isn't bad on the eyes either.

But I think Idina and Norbert take it home. I think Norbert could have chemistry with a goldfish, and Idina is pretty talented too...