pixeltracker

Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today

Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#1Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:06pm

So Blithe Spirit took out a full page ad in the Arts & Leisure section in today's Sunday Times, and it looked great- with one strange caveat.

Above the title were Jayne Atkinson, Christine Ebersole, Angela Lansbury and Rupert Everett.

Below the title were Simon Jones, Deborah Rush and....

"Funny Actress*"

That asterisk indicated a note below that said "Funny Actress to be Cast be Mr. Blakemore."

Just thought that was a bit cheeky and fun, and that you guys would appreciate it...

Connemara Profile Photo
Connemara
#2re: Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 12:21pm

Does anyone want to scan and post it? :) Pretty please

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#2re: Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 1:58pm

I hate the illustration.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#3re: Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 2:32pm

didn't they do something similar in the revival of The Boys of Syracuse when they had a famous actress reveal that she was the mother at the end? can't remember who they had but everyone on the audience gasped.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

rayoflight104 Profile Photo
rayoflight104
#4re: Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 4:37pm

Considering so many factors, I still wanted to know if there' an answer to this question... How long could/will this production run for? And would we be able to ever get information as to how long the contracts are for the original cast once it opens?

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#5re: Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 4:43pm

It's on sale for 20 weeks from February 26 to July 19.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

rayoflight104 Profile Photo
rayoflight104
#6re: Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 4:47pm

thanks for the info

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#7re: Blithe Spirit Ad in the Times Today
Posted: 1/11/09 at 4:58pm

Picture?

Link?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Videos