Grease Tour

javertjunky Profile Photo
javertjunky
#1Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 12:33pm

Saw the show in Cincinnati, OH and loved it! Taylor Hicks, yet in a small role, was very good! Before the show was very entertaining with the Vince Fontain character interacting with the audience! This was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

"Men like me can never change, Men like you can never change. No, 24601. My duty's to the law - you have no Rights. Come with me 24601. Now the wheel has turned around, Jean Valjean is nothing now. Dare you talk to me of crime, And the price you had to pay. Every man is born in sin. Every man must choose his way. You know nothing of Javert. I was born inside a jail, I was born with s like you, I am from the gutter too!" ~Javert

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#2re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 12:34pm

GREASE is one of the best shows you've ever seen?

What are the others? LESTAT, FOOTLOOSE, and GLORY DAYS???

#2re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 12:47pm

Taylor got GREAT reviews here in Chicago also- by which I mean he got great reviews in GREASE while playing in the CITY of Chicago, not that he was in the musical Chicago.

#3re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 12:48pm

Although, he would be great in Chicago! Maybe he could do the European tour and get great reviews in Greece. Then, he'd have gotten raves in Chicago for Grease and raves in Greece for Chicago.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#4re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 2:59pm

Oh god.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#5re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 3:24pm

I saw the show on Broadway and it was pretty awful. Besides the cast, what's so different about the tour version?

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#6re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 3:50pm

Nothing at all

that's why I'm so perplexed...

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#7re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 4:03pm

If Ace Young is involved in the tour I hope it comes to my city!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#8re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/29/09 at 4:36pm

Ace is not on the tour.

I've heard they've added some of the original raunch back into the tour

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

broadwayguy2
#9re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/30/09 at 1:55am

One thing I will give to this revival, both on Broadway and on tour, is that while they have a few clunkers in the cast, they find a few real gems as well!

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#10re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/30/09 at 10:33pm

I just had the unfortunate experience of seeing this rip-off in Chicago. It was simply awful.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11re: Grease Tour
Posted: 1/30/09 at 11:47pm

How was Emily Padgett? She was an excellent Margot (probably the best) in Legally Blonde.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#13re: Grease Tour
Posted: 2/8/09 at 12:58am

I'm sorry TheCharleston, but I think your comment was uncalled for. You can say what you want because you are entitled to your opinion, but I *personally* think that was uncalled for.

For all you know, that person may hate a show you liked. There was no need to call them out on it. It wasn't the best production in the world, but there has been worst.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
Updated On: 2/8/09 at 12:58 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#14re: Grease Tour
Posted: 2/8/09 at 6:20am

i have to admit....for a change, I actually chuckled at Charleston's post.

But yes, the poster is allowed his opinion....but Grease is far from one of the best shows to be in existence. I am always perplexed by the fondness of it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#15re: Grease Tour
Posted: 4/8/09 at 4:20am

I was a little down today and decided to see the tour at Golden Gate Theater and I am glad that I came!

They were doing the BCEFA fundraising and they were selling signed windowcards along with other stuff.
Grease Review

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#16re: Grease Tour
Posted: 4/8/09 at 6:49pm

In ten years, I predict there will be a remake of Grease based from the revival.

Videos