pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8- Page 2

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#25re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 6:35pm

Thanks for the insight blaxx. Wow..I had no idea about all of that!! I guess it's because I'm so ignorant.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#26re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 6:53pm

Blaxx 'the story of my bye'???

After 1 week you are writing a show off

you can't really have a go at WiCkEDrOcKS!

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#27re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 7:00pm

Commenting about a show that grossed so low, does NOT mean that I said that it should close. Grosses are facts, I would never wish for a show to close (not even BKLYN!)...and especially make a comment that because I don't like it, it's time for the show to close.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Updated On: 2/9/09 at 07:00 PM

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#28re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 7:05pm

I see SOML being the next Glorydays.. lol

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#29re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 7:13pm

It was a great week all around. I agree with most Shrek will be around at least through the summer.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#30re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 7:16pm

It's the first week for goodness sake! Give it a LITTLE time to find it's legs!

Otherwise I was pleased to see as many numbers UP as were!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#31re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 8:46pm

Nice In The Heights.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

rjjn Profile Photo
rjjn
#32re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 9:06pm

Happy to see In the Heights doing so well! And it does make it more interesting to see shows alternate the highest percentage from week to week (though not to the extent that big shows close).

"Rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love." -Neil Patrick Harris

george95
#33re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 9:10pm

wickedrocks, the last time you saw Phantom it was a "wreck"?? You need to see it again with the new sound system that was installed last August. It will knock your socks off. And remember, the director still shows up to keep the cast tight and fresh every few months. So.........respect your elders on Broadway!

sking
#34re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 9:24pm

Can someone tell me the nut for Billy Elliot ? I seem to remember it being 750k or so.It seems to be doing "OK" compared to other shows in the Imperial this same time of year in the past...actually quite a bit better.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#35re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 9:26pm

"Can someone tell me the nut for Billy Elliot ? I seem to remember it being 750k or so.It seems to be doing "OK" compared to other shows in the Imperial this same time of year in the past...actually quite a bit better. "

It's doing EXCELLENT. It made over a million in it's first week of previews! Also, what is amazing about that is that Billy Elliot hasn't advertised that much...it's more of a word of mouth show.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

mijofly19
#36re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 9:54pm

George I saw PHANTOM on Saturday and while the sound system may be new, whoever was operating the mics was awful. Whenever more than two people were singing at the same time (Notes/Prima Donna/Masquerade) at least half of their mics were off. I was lucky I was sitting in the sixth row because if I was any further back I don't think I'd be able to hear them. It has always been one of my favorite shows and the cast is very good right now but the problem with the mics was a distraction the entire performance.

heo1128
#37re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/8
Posted: 2/9/09 at 11:00pm

How long do you guys think August will be around? I have tickets for March...eek.