Show Recommendations

kegrinds Profile Photo
kegrinds
#1Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 3:26pm

As mentioned in a previous post, I am planning to see LK, LM, and In the Heights with mother. If we are able to see another, what would you recommend? I saw Billy this summer in Lonond...love it! I think these would be my next choices..

West Side Story (but it will still be in previews)
Shrek
South Pacific
9 to 5

What do you think?

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#2re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 3:29pm

I'd say WSS!

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#2re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 3:32pm

If you're going before March 8: South Pacific! After March 8, Paulo Szot will be out again.

raulmark Profile Photo
raulmark
#3re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 6:08pm

I have not seen WSS story, yet,,,but I'd say go see it, because even if it's bad it will be a unique production that you won't be able to see in London.
...on that note, go see South Pacific if you can

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#5re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 6:22pm

West Side Story!

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

singinsilly Profile Photo
singinsilly
#8re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 7:37pm

Oooh it's a toss up between South Pacific and WSS. I agree ELKE though, it depends what dates you've chosen to go.

HSM- it looks like someone took a shit on Footloose.

WishingOnlyWounds2
#9re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 8:29pm

9 to 5!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#10re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 8:56pm

I would see 9 to 5. Billy Elliot and 9 to 5 will dominate at the Tony's this year.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

PiraguaGuy2
#11re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 8:58pm

9 to 5.

And who knows, you may even enjoy Shrek more than you'd think.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

WishingOnlyWounds2
#12re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/23/09 at 9:21pm

I actually really enjoyed Shrek!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#10re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/24/09 at 12:09am

9 TO 5 is tons and tons of fun...and a strong show.

SOUTH PACIFIC is a great revival of one of the best musicals of all time.

SHREK is mediocre and uneven...but fun.

WEST SIDE STORY is a brilliant, brilliant show that should be seen live by anyone who has an interest in theater.

I'd choose 9 TO 5 for something new and WSS for something older (simply because I prefer it over SOUTH PACIFIC in terms of material).

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#11re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/24/09 at 1:49am

West Side Story without a doubt. I saw it tonight and if it's already this good the first day of previews, I'm sure it will even get better (if that is even possible). A truly splendid night of the theater and such an original take on a timeless classic of musical theater. This production should not be missed by anyone.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#12re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/24/09 at 2:02am

It seems like you're more interested in going to musicals, but if you feel adventurous try a play like Mary Stuart or Blithe Spirit. You may find that a play does more for you than a lot of the musicals out now.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#13re: Show Recommendations
Posted: 2/24/09 at 2:40am

i'd say 9 to 5!

Videos