New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?

Harpz2006
#1New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 1:26pm

I read about this on a few sites, and was wondering if anyone had heard anything about it:

"
They kept four of the actors/characters: Matt Long (as Dylan Hewitt), Ben Lawson (Liam Priory), Norbert Leo Butz (Rowdy Kaiser), and Tina Majorino (Addy Fisher). I only read the original script (which I enjoyed; very Grey's Anatomy (early seasons) meets Boston Legal), but I remember reading that the new version may be more of a drama, rather than a dramedy. "
http://tvbb.zap2it.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1279998/6

Apparently, Matt Long ("Jack & Bobby") stars as a blue-collar law school grad who gets talked into joining a boutique law firm in LA. Norbert plays the sleazy agent who talks him into working there. It's in development for ABC.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 1:37pm

I heard that he did it, but not anything further, so thanks for posting this.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Harpz2006
#2re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 1:42pm

re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?

I also read they did it last year and it wasn't picked up, so the writers rewrote it and are trying it again. I love Matt Long, so I'd love to see this take off.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#3re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 2:29pm

Roger Bart was also in the original pilot last year (when the series was called The Deep End), but it looks like he won't be returning. I'm still p.o. that they didn't pick it up. I read the script and really liked it.

But I'm glad that Norbert is involved in the new version and hope that ABC does pick it up this time around.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#4re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 2:33pm

Oh and this was the promotional image from the previous version...
The Deep End cast

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#5re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 2:38pm

Not to threadjack, but half-asleep as I was this morning, I caught a commercial for Grands' Biscuits, nad could've SWORN Norbs was in it! Anyone know what I'm talkin' about here, to maybe clarify for me? Loves him! re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?

wonkit
#6re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 5:48pm

Absolutely him!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#7re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/20/09 at 5:49pm

That is the CUTEST commercial and he looks absolutely adorable! I just saw it this morning!!! So adorable!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

#8re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/25/09 at 5:04pm

I KNEW it. I just saw that commercial and I could've sworn it was him. thanks for clarifying!

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#9re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/26/09 at 12:24am

my thread on Butz and the Dough Boy
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&thread=992085#3788905

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

JenNYferTheatrical Profile Photo
JenNYferTheatrical
#10re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 3/26/09 at 3:44pm

Oh, Tina Majorino! I love her!

Harpz2006
#11re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 5/20/09 at 5:39pm

It got picked up by ABC for midseason! http://abc.go.com/fallpreview/index?pn=thedeepend

Colleenya Profile Photo
Colleenya
#12re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 5/20/09 at 6:43pm

Glad to hear this!

My friend worked on the pilot, not at actor, but art department.

He said it looks like a fun, smart show.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#13re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 5/20/09 at 8:40pm

I though he was doing Catch Me if You Can??

wonkit
#14re: New Norbert Leo Butz pilot?
Posted: 5/20/09 at 8:45pm

This preview is very appealing! An excellent cast, with some originality.

Videos