pixeltracker

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...- Page 111

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2750Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/10/10 at 10:34pm

Someone posted this on her Facebook:

Here's the news, Jackieville: She'll be tempting gravity, wrestling with popularity, and turning her favorite shade of green on the 1st national tour. Congratulations Elphaba!!!!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2751Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/10/10 at 10:52pm

I was excited to see Mandy, but am now hoping Jackie is on broadway....by the beginning of June, when I'm seeing Wicked again....I doubt that will happen though..

tking001
#2752Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/10/10 at 10:57pm

I think Mandy is with the show till at least September
(Wicked not Hair)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2753Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/10/10 at 11:05pm

Saw the new cast this week. Have many thoughts, which I don't really feel like writing out. Thought some of them were fine, some were awful, but was overall not nearly as disappointed as I think I set myself up to be. I still had a really great time, and I will definitely be going back to see them again.

Does anyone know what happened to Ace? I read something vague about an injury, but can't figure out what happened. I hope he's okay! I'm happy to say I have completely eaten my hat on that one. I was apprehensive, but I actually thought he was adorable, completely in spite of myself.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

DefyGravity777
#2754Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 3:26pm

Why do people post messages/wall posts from private Facebook profiles on here?

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

lily007
#2755Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 3:44pm

It happened with Eden Espinosa who was pissed about it all and now it's happened again.

People like to be the first to 'break the news' because it makes them look important and deludes them even further that they are an elite group of Hair fans.

The whole thing has been handled by Jackie's so called fans awfully. From them wanting to get one over on other fans telling them that they all knew what her job was but weren't going to tell anybody because they are far too unimportant to know. To people commenting on facebook wallposts asking people congratulating her what she had got, to people making a post on somebody's facebook as shown above - the "here's the news Jackieville"

People can't help themselves, especially her 16/17 year old groupies.

Poor Jackie, but it's a great oppertunity for her, she'll rock it!

Updated On: 5/11/10 at 03:44 PM

sgv123
#2756Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 3:56pm

I did not get anything from FB...it was on twitter.

DefyGravity777
#2757Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 3:59pm

I wasn't refering to you svg123. That post from TheatreFan4 was straight from Jackie's private facebook.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

sgv123
#2758Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 4:28pm

oh, ok...I missed that post.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2759Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 6:14pm

I think she's Elphaba for the tour -- but can't say for sure.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2760Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 6:20pm

Why do people post messages/wall posts from private Facebook profiles on here?

Um, her Facebook is very much public. I'm not even her friend on Facebook & got the info.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2761Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 6:24pm

Theatrefan -- Totally love the tshirt quote: If your marriage needs protecting, you need a therapist not an admendment! Priceless.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

luvtheEmcee
#2762Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/11/10 at 6:35pm

Yikes.

Marie2
#2763Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/19/10 at 9:09pm

I saw Hair last weekend and loved the new cast. Badger and Diana were Berger and Sheila and they did really well together considering it was his first time on as Berger. The audience members in the aisle didn't seem to know what to think when they went into the audience and started making out on the floor. Kudos to both of them, and Kyle, who fits the character of Claude so well it's almost eerie (well, except for that whole being Canadian thing, haha).

Jason Wooten and Annaleigh Ashford were fantastic. The only one who sort of left me flat was Vanessa Ray. Her Crissy just didn't catch my eye, which was odd because the rest of the main cast was very charismatic.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#2764Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/19/10 at 9:16pm

^ I completely agree. I think BCG is a much better Crissy (I have seen each of them twice and prefer BCG when I go.)

BlackCabbiTabbi
#2765Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/23/10 at 6:15pm

Hi,
I am looking at buying tickets in October... I noticed that on Sunday it shows 2 and 7... is this true? I thought Sundays was 3pm only? When does the schedule change?

I really hope it still is open when I come in October Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

luvtheEmcee
#2766Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/23/10 at 9:13pm

If that's what Telecharge says, then yes. Schedules often change seasonally.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2767Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/23/10 at 11:34pm

That's if it's still open by then.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#2768Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/24/10 at 12:06am

private facebook? if they have 1,011 fans it isn't THEIR private facebook and someone is running it. if you have them under an assumed name and they have 100 - 250 friends...that is private.

anyway, i agree it isn't private if it is posted on a facebook profile or a twitter for that matter. if people don't want their stuff posted anywhere they would not post it there...especially someone working on broadway. not that i would ever do it...just sayin'

"it's a dirty little war"

Piper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
#2769Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/24/10 at 12:12am

"Vanessa Ray. Her Crissy just didn't catch my eye, which was odd because the rest of the main cast was very charismatic. "

i was a little dissapointed to see her on over Allison and I left feeling great about it. maybe it was because i could see her face so very clearly and every emote she made with every note, i absolutely fell in love with her.

"it's a dirty little war"

sunshinein84 Profile Photo
sunshinein84
#2770Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/24/10 at 1:00pm

Hi all! Any idea how the lotto has been lately? I'm thinking of trying either this Sat or Sun. Have a lot of people been showing up recently? Thanks!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2771Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/24/10 at 4:18pm

I was going to try the lotto Wednesday night until I saw about 50 people already there and opted to go home instead. Hopefully that's a good sign for this show now that colleges have been let out.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#2772Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/25/10 at 6:30pm

One Year Revisited: Hair on Broadway

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

luvtheEmcee
#2773Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/25/10 at 6:43pm

"Walking Adonis," heh. Word.

Agree with him on some things, completely. Others, not so much. Namely Kyle.

I'm curious to see what the bigger critics have to say. I'm assuming the Times went back.

chiuptown
#2774Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 5/26/10 at 6:53am

I did the lotto this past sat matinee, and there were about 10-15 of us and we all won. That sweet british kid that ran it was just great. So nice, and interested in everyone and what they had been seeing etc. a real gent.
I had a great time and pretty much agree with this review. although, i'm pretty old, and the volume issue was just NOT an issue with me. Out of all the plays I saw this past wknd (rapture, promises, andrew jackson), this by far moved me most, and I have seen hair (including OBC) about 12 times in various productions. this cast gave it there all.

Videos