pixeltracker

Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread

Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread

AndAllThatJazz22
#1Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:01pm

Why is there not one of these already!!! I feel it to be my duty to unite us chicago fans.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#2re: Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:02pm

I love this show.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#2re: Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:04pm

This thread is long overdue.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

AndAllThatJazz22
#3re: Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:09pm

^amen

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#4re: Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:15pm

I am a Chicago devotee as well. It's a fabulous show with a marvelous, marvelous score.

AndAllThatJazz22
#5re: Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:23pm

Let's not forget its CLASSIC opening number :)

CSonBroadway
#6re: Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:26pm

And the very beginning...

A 5,6,7,8!!!

And all the jazz dancers come on with the overture...that part is so exciting.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Zeitoujo
#7re: Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:26pm

I love Chicago!

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

AndAllThatJazz22
#8Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:30pm

Oh my gosh!!!! The overture is so powerful, that trumpet solo (is it a trumpet, I don't know...I should) gives me chills everytime I hear it!!!

Alexis2
#9Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:33pm

the one & only CHICAGO was in 1975 with Gwen, Chita, Jerry & Mary
Gypsy's Gene, Paul, Candy, Michon.
This revival is a poor imitation

Anyone else agree?

AndAllThatJazz22
#10Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/5/09 at 9:44pm

^ Naw. I think what is so special about the current revival (which sadly... is getting stale) is how shockingly relavent it is to today. Imo, the coreography is strong and the staging is so clever. It kind of makese me feel like I'm at a cabaret in the roaring twenties of chicago.

hockeynut2
#11Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 12:23am

Here's an interview I just did with Charlotte d'Amboise, who is playing Roxie in the tour which is now in DC at the National Theatre. Hope you like it. Joel
INTERVIEW WITH CHARLOTTE d'AMBOISE AT CHICAGO AT THE NATIONAL THEATRE IN DC

CSonBroadway
#12Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 12:38am

Nice interview! Thanks for sharing : )

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#13Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 3:05am

This is one of my all time favorite shows!! My favorite cast was Ann Reinking, BeBe Neuwirth, Marcia Lewis, James Naughton, and Joel Grey. I wish I could've seen the original with Gwen and Chita, but I was a 4 when that production was on broadway. I went back several times through the years to catch the show with different casts- Melanie Griffith was a complete waste of my time and money. What was she thinking?

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

AndAllThatJazz22
#14Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 4:52pm

^ Let's not forget some of the other dreadful stunt casting. I love this show TO DEATH but my gosh, that freaking stunt casting. By the way, is that a trumpet before the 5,6,7,8's in the overture. I think it is...but I'm not quite sure.

Updated On: 4/6/09 at 04:52 PM

PiraguaGuy2
#15Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:00pm

I'd love to see them get Walter Bobbie or another well-known director, have them come back and revitalize the show, complete with some new casting. I'm getting a little sick of Charlotte and Bianca - if Faith Prince will replace in The Little Mermaid, I'm sure you could get some great Broadway folks in. I'd love to see Stephanie J. Block take on Velma (once she's done with 9 to 5). WHAT? She could totally do it. Anyone who disagrees needs to see her section of 9 to 5's "Dream Sequence", in which she goes into full-on femme fatale mode.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

AndAllThatJazz22
#16Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:07pm

Stephanie could definetley pull of the diva, totally pull of the vocals, and she could act the crap out of that part... but I have never really seen her dance. Could she do it?

Jane Krakowski could perform the sh*t out of ANY role in that show!!! She would be fantastic.

Dear Catherine Zeta Jones,

Can you really sing as well as you sang on the soundtrack? Can you really dance as well as you danced on the screen. If you can, get your butt on broadway and play that role. You were freakin INCREDIBLE in the movie!!!

PiraguaGuy2
#17Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:13pm

AATJ...go to 3:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is3z0iW0H6Q

AndAllThatJazz22
#18Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 5:21pm

^ That was solid, but it still didn't show enough. What elphaba is to singing, is what velma is to dancing. SJB coul pull it off, I really don't know.

She could do that,

but could she do THIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2BIxAv4U0

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#19Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 6:43pm

Who would have thought the revival would last longer than the original? They sent it to the Ambassador to die and it is still hanging on.

I still prefer Chicago to A Chorus line - especially the score.

Poster Emeritus

PiraguaGuy2
#20Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 6:48pm

The last time Roxy saw Chicago was when Al Capone lived there.

AndAllThatJazz22
#21Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 6:57pm

Mr. Roxy, I don't find it shocking. I think it's because we're now in an age where we are so numbed by the media and the comments Chicago reflected on society really sat well with the modern theatre audience, and to top it off...
1) Sensational Score
2) Stunning Coreography
3) Wonderful book (not the best, but still strong. IMO, cabaret has a better book)
4) A smash hit movie

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#22Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:26pm

PG

You sound like Dollypop

Poster Emeritus

PiraguaGuy2
#23Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:29pm

That makes sense, considering I'm Dolly's son.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#24Give em' the old RAZZLE DAZZLE!: The Official Chicago Love Thread
Posted: 4/6/09 at 7:29pm

You know.. I am thinking of taking this in again. The last time I saw Chicago was maybe 5 years ago ( I think). Charlotte is one of my favorite Roxies.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Videos