pixeltracker

Where to watch the Tony's in NYC?

Where to watch the Tony's in NYC?

Natalie 2 Profile Photo
Natalie 2
#1Where to watch the Tony's in NYC?
Posted: 6/4/09 at 4:05pm

I am without television set and I was wondering if anyone knows of any place in NYC to watch the Tony's broadcast. Is there a bar somewhere that shows this? Any parties? Help a girl out!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Where to watch the Tony's in NYC?
Posted: 6/4/09 at 4:05pm

I believe they are broadcasting it on a big screen outside Times Square.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2re: Where to watch the Tony's in NYC?
Posted: 6/4/09 at 4:10pm

They are.^ And the Laurie Beecham usually hosts a party as well (Inside the west bank cafe.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#3re: Where to watch the Tonys in NYC?
Posted: 6/4/09 at 4:11pm

Live Simulcast in Times Square

For the first time ever, fans in the New York area are invited to watch the Tony Awards telecast right in the heart of Manhattan?s Theatre District. The Tony Awards ceremony will be simulcast live from Radio City Music Hall on the ClearChannel Spectacolor HD Screen in Times Square from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The simulcast will feature both the pre-telecast Creative Arts Awards and the Tony Awards broadcast. Seating will be provided in Duffy Square, the northern section of Times Square (Broadway between 46th and 47th Streets).

Other than that, follow the gays. I'm sure every gay bar will be showing them.

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#4re: Where to watch the Tonys in NYC?
Posted: 6/4/09 at 4:16pm

Can someone answer a stupid question- is the Times Square simulcast going to have sound somehow? I am wondering if you're going to be able to hear the show, or if it's just going to be watching the screen and reading the cc, like watching anything else in Times Square.

edit: nevermind, according to tonyawards.com "The simulcast will include both video and audio." so there you go, in case anyone else was wondering too. :)
Updated On: 6/4/09 at 04:16 PM

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#5re: Where to watch the Tonys in NYC?
Posted: 6/10/10 at 1:16am

They mentioned a bar also, Bamboo something?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Chrysanthemum62001
#6re: Where to watch the Tonys in NYC?
Posted: 6/10/10 at 4:07am

There's also a party at Blondie's.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

tamra2
#7re: Where to watch the Tonys in NYC?
Posted: 6/10/10 at 10:51am

http://www.broadwayspace.com/events/broadwayspace-tony-party

The party at Blondie's... it seems like it will be really fun!

Videos