pixeltracker

2010-2011 Tours: Little Mermaid Confirmed- Page 2

2010-2011 Tours: Little Mermaid Confirmed

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#25re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/11/09 at 9:19pm

What about Young Frankenstein and the new WSS revival?

rufussars Profile Photo
rufussars
#26re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/12/09 at 12:00am

YF is technically an '09-10 tour seeing as it's opening in September; plus, the show itself was from the previous season (the poster wanted shows from THIS season).

...And so, there I was at the stage door for "Equus". The enthused avalanche of "Harry Potter" fans was literally pushing me into the barricades. As I was thrust face-first into Daniel Radcliffe's hat, I suddenly felt the thumb of a lanky gentleman behind me pressing firmly into my back. It was then that I realized that both of his hands had Playbills, and that both arms were outstretched in front of me...

AndAllThatJazz22
#27re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/12/09 at 12:28am

This thread is about tours kicking off in the 2010-2011 season. Really though... we can talk about shows renewing for the 2010-2011 season.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

AndAllThatJazz22
#28re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:26pm

Is 9 to 5 ever going to announce a tour? Or ROA? Or Billy Elliot?

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#29re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:31pm

I would LOVE it if 9 to 5 announced a tour. A friend and I saw it in New York, and I LOVED it.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

BlueforBroadway Profile Photo
BlueforBroadway
#30re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 9:43pm

I'm hearing rumblings of Rock of Ages going on tour.

For example

Possible tours

Jekyll & Hyde back on Broadway! / Rock of Ages - 5 Tony nominations! Awesome!

AndAllThatJazz22
#31re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:10pm

List Update

Confirmed:
Hair (2009 Broadway Revival) (Equity or Non?)
Shrek (Broadway Production) (Equity or Non?)
Guys and Dolls (2009 Broadway Revival) (Equity or Non?)
West Side Story (2009 Broadway Revival) (Equity)
9 to 5 (Scaled Down Broadway Production) (Equity or Non?)
Rock of Ages (Broadway Production) (West Coast Sit-Down) (Equity)
Rock of Ages (Broadway Production) (Tour) (Equity)
Billy Elliot (Broadway Production) (San Fransisco Sit Down) (equity)
Next to Normal (Broadway Production) (Mini-Tour) (Equity or Non?)

Unconfirmed:
Les Miserables (NETworks tour of TUTS production) (Equity)
Cry-Baby (Non-Equity)
Billy Elliot (Tour_ (Equity or Non?)

Updated On: 6/18/09 at 10:10 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#32re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:11pm

FWIW, it's still here: http://bbonyc.com/shows/lesmis/Default.htm

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

AndAllThatJazz22
#33re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:13pm

^ Les Miz is back on the road!! (Soon)

So ANOTHER list Update

Confirmed:
Hair (2009 Broadway Revival) (Equity or Non?)
Shrek (Broadway Production) (Equity or Non?)
Guys and Dolls (2009 Broadway Revival) (Equity or Non?)
West Side Story (2009 Broadway Revival) (Equity)
9 to 5 (Scaled Down Broadway Production) (Equity or Non?)
Rock of Ages (Broadway Production) (West Coast Sit-Down) (Equity)
Rock of Ages (Broadway Production) (Tour) (Equity)
Les Miserables (NETworks tour of TUTS production) (Equity)

Unconfirmed:
Cry-Baby (Non-Equity)
Billy Elliot (Equity or Non?)

Updated On: 6/18/09 at 10:13 PM

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#34re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:14pm

When did 9 to 5 announce a tour?

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

AndAllThatJazz22
#35re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:18pm

lakezurich

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/the_theater_loop/2009/06/we-want-billy-when-the-big-shows-are-getting-to-chicago.html

"You will, however, get to see all the new musicals and most of the revivals. As has been officially announced,?Shrek? will start its tour here next summer (hopefully looking better than it did for the Tonys telecast). ?9 to 5? (or a smaller version thereof) will tour in the 2010-11 season. ?Rock of Ages? will get a sit-down engagement in spring 2010 (but probably on the West Coast) and then tour. There is serious talk of the Broadway star Constantine Maroulis going out with the show. If he does, he will be here during the 2010-11 season. And if Broadway in Chicago is smart, it?ll snag this droll show for an extended engagement, perhaps at Drury Lane Water Tower Place."

AndAllThatJazz22
#36re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:29pm

Here is the source for the BE sit down

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/125446.html-PLAYBILL.COM%27S_BRIEF_ENCOUNTER_With_Stephen_Daldry

'At some point early next year we expect to open the show in San Francisco'

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#37re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:31pm

Damn right that 9to5 is scaling down to tour. There is no way in hell that it can tour in it's present form.

AndAllThatJazz22
#38re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:33pm

I hope 9 to 5 doesn't scale down TOO much. They might have to because the set is SO complex if not for the LCD screen (which will probably be lost for the tour). The set design changes will likely be extremely drastic.

defyingravity07
#39re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:35pm

They'll keep the LCD screen. The Non-Eq tour of Hairspray tours with one as well.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#40re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:37pm

Can someone explain the difference between an equity and a non-equity tour? Why is one cheaper?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#41re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:38pm

where did you hear about the Next to Normal tour? not that I doubt you, I haven't heard it before now.

defyingravity07
#42re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:40pm

Non-Equity can pay their actors what ever they want, Equity has a minimum.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#43re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:41pm

SO excited for Next To Normal to tour. I LOVED every minute of that show. And, I may or may not have cried like a little girl.

heo1128
#44re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:41pm

And where is it going? That makes me happy!

AndAllThatJazz22
#45re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:42pm

Pianolin717
' At least one major Chicago theater has been licking its lips over the rights to the new musical ?Next to Normal,? certainly the best new score of the year. But it can?t get them. ?Next to Normal? is planning a small national tour during the 2010-11 season, including a stop in Chicago, where producer David Stone did very well with a little show called ?Wicked.? '

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/the_theater_loop/2009/06/we-want-billy-when-the-big-shows-are-getting-to-chicago.html

Bettyboy72
Equity is the union that Broadway actors belong to. Equity is supposed to have the best of the best actors. Broadway productions are equity productions, as well as most national tours. If a tour goes non-equity, it is not making much money and therefore doing whatever they can to scale down on costs including drastic set redesigns, smaller theatres, cheaper costume, smaller orchestra ect.... They also do not hire actors from the Equity union.

Updated On: 6/18/09 at 10:42 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#46re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:44pm

So the actors in a non-equity tour can be paid whatever the producers deem acceptable and are not protected in the ways that Equity actors are?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

AndAllThatJazz22
#47re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:45pm

^ Yep. but if a non-eq actor has a good agent, they'll get paid well.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#48re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 10:50pm

Yay! Can't wait for Next To Normal to come to Chicago. And as for a possible Billy Elliot sit-down. I could care less. The Tony telecast really didn't make me want to see it, especially since there were plenty of other shows I wanted to see when I took my trip to NYC. But, if it stopped in Chicago I MIGHT be tempted to give it a try.

FindingNamo
#49re: Looking Ahead: 2010-2011 Tours
Posted: 6/18/09 at 11:06pm

My take on the list:

Hair (2009 Broadway Revival) reconfirmed
Shrek (Broadway Production) pre-confirmed
Guys and Dolls (2009 Broadway Revival) concerned
West Side Story (2009 Broadway Revival) earned
9 to 5 (Scaled Down Broadway Production) burned
Rock of Ages (Broadway Production) (West Coast Get Up Stand Up Sit Down)
Rock of Ages (Broadway Production) Still Rollin' Tour
Rock of Ages (Off-Broadway Production) tiny mini-skirt tour
Les Miserables (NETworks tour of TUTS production, wringing the last drop tour)
Cry-Baby (Why baby?)
Billy Elliot (London production) confirmation hearings
Hairspray
Godspell
Altar Boyz 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge 2
Exit the King
God of Carnage
33 Variations (due 2012)

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none