pixeltracker

Does anybody else miss BKLYN?- Page 3

Does anybody else miss BKLYN?

phantom39 Profile Photo
phantom39
#50re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 12/28/09 at 12:58pm

Opinions on this show are so divided...
I loved it, especially the great score and the superb cast.. while some others disliked it.

"Movies will make you famous; television will make you rich; but theatre will make you good." - Terrence Mann.

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#51re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 1/4/10 at 8:02am

Worst show ever? Wow! Way harsh. lol. But to each his own.

I personally loved Brooklyn. I saw it on Broadway twice and even traveled to Connecticut to see Diana Degarmo on tour. I do miss it, but understood why it didn't catch on. It was very different.

Roscoe
#52re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 1/4/10 at 10:03am

It wasn't different. It was sh*t.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#53re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 1/4/10 at 10:15am

As I posted above, I saw the show in a very small theater here in Denver. I think it may have done better off-Broadway as opposed to on Broadway. I wouldn't call it a piece of S**t but I definetly don't think it should have been in a Broadway house. JMO

Just give the world Love.

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#54re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 1/4/10 at 10:24am

I can't say that I missed the show since I never saw it, but I don't miss my CAST RECORDING, which I threw out after listening to it a few times.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

ghostlight2
#55re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 1/4/10 at 10:38am

"I think perhaps many did not fancy it because it was chiefly driven by soul/R&B numbers, and this genre has always driven my senses wild when the singing is top-notch".

I find I seldom disagree with Rudy but I do here. I rarely truly dislike shows. In fact, so far, it's only been Brooklyn and Passing Strange, and not because of the music. Brooklyn I disliked precisely because of the voices, especially Eden's. Every time I heard that song it was like ice picks in my ears. I cannot stand her voice. Plus, rather unfortunately, the women in the show had diva attitudes far beyond what one might expect given their level of their experience at the time, especially Eden. The guys, on the other hand, were both sweethearts.

The story was trite but sweet, the costumes were intriguing and even a little inspired given the plot. Marc Schoenfeld was/is a very nice guy and I wish him well in future projects.

I never saw an audience that did not absolutely adore it.

eta: while I personally strongly disliked it, I don't think it sucked as others have said. It had a very devoted audience. I just wasn't one of them.

Updated On: 1/4/10 at 10:38 AM

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#56re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 1/4/10 at 10:53am

Is it available to license?

romgitsean
#57re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
Posted: 1/4/10 at 11:05am

Funny-I was just thinking about this show today. My parents saw it on Broadway, but I never particularly cared for Eden Espinosa. I saw her first performance as Elphaba on standby-relatively unimpressive for the buzz she was getting. Her performance as Maureen wasn't half bad.

And yes, it is licensed through Aruba Productions LLC.

Recent Broadway and Off-Broadway:: Carrie, Merrily, Ionescopade
Next On The List :: Clybourne Park, Once, Streetcar, BOM