pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#1Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:11pm

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21 Click below to access all the grosses from all the shows for the week ending 6/21/2009 in BroadwayWorld.com's grosses section.

Also, you will find information on each show's historical grosses, cumulative grosses and other statistics on how each show stacked up this week and in the past.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:14pm

I am so happy for N2N.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:19pm

Just when I thought Hair's numbers couldn't get any better!! Almost 1.1 million and it's first week over 100%!! Excellent job!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#3re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:21pm

Wow Shrek.. One big number.. And The Little Mermaid is hanging in their with a better percentage and ticket average than Mary Poppins.
I know I'm gonna sound like an ass by ljay889 i feel every week you have the same exact comment about how happy you are for N2N

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#4re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21

ya for Next to Normal

and WOW for Shrek

BwayTday Profile Photo
BwayTday
#5re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21

don't really need to say it again Updated On: 6/22/09 at 04:21 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#6re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:23pm

I'll join in the celebration for Next to Normal and Shrek!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#7re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:25pm

Nice week all around. Remember that Billy Elliot, The Lion King, and Wicked does not offer Standing Room Only, that's why they are only go 100.0%

WishingOnlyWounds2
#8re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:32pm

Wow, N2N, Shrek, and Mermaid!

Ouch 9to5.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#9re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:33pm

Ah I'm nervous for 9 to 5.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

VocalLizzy Profile Photo
VocalLizzy
#10re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:33pm

Nice one for Rock of Ages, climbing over $600k!

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#11re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:34pm

Glad I already have my tickets for N2N in august, and i hope 9to5 continues to do ok till august. Yay Broadway!

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

CSonBroadway
#12re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:35pm

I think In The Heights has proven itself that it can last for at least another year and a half. Yay!

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#13re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:37pm

Hair made more than 1 million dollars this week. I like the sound of that. re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#14re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:39pm

I have to say that people on this board crack me up. Just because a show ( such as 9 to 5 as CS is worried about) has a little dip, doesn't mean anything. And I love how you can say that In the Heights has the ability to last another 1 1/2 years. You can say that for many shows such as The Little Mermaid. It's doing better than ITH and it's still closing do to another show moving in. So who knows if a show is gonna take the Richard Rodgers Theater. It's like the whole story with Tarzan when it closed when it was doing ok and ITH moved in. NO ONE KNOWS!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#15re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:40pm

As much as I may despise it, look at ROCK OF AGES go!

And 9 TO 5 is continuing to gradually raise their average ticket price. Which is the main reason for the unsteady grosses and percentage of attendance...but 800,000 is not too shabby. That's gotta cover their weekly nut, right?

I'm sure it'll thrive in the summer months.

CSonBroadway
#16re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:41pm

Why are you so obsessed with Disney shows?

And you just made yourself feel better about The Little Mermaid by saying it is doing better because not a lot of people on this site love it.

Updated On: 6/22/09 at 04:41 PM

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#17re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:45pm

It doesn't matter if people on this board like a show or not. That isn't gonna do anything to the sales of the shows.

And I love how you say that I'm obsessed with Disney shows but you're the one that only talks about ITH and WSS. Anyway I only used that as an example to show as nothing is predictable because of how well a show is doing.

CSonBroadway
#18re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:47pm

I just talked about 9 to 5. I also always post about Hair too.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#19re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:49pm

o so your up to 4 shows that all you talk about.

CSonBroadway
#20re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:51pm

Oh no. I post about a lot of shows except for Rock of Ages, The Little Mermaid, Shrek, The Lion King, Mary Poppins, Mamma Mia, and Jersey Boys.

Updated On: 6/22/09 at 04:51 PM

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#21re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:52pm

i guess this means Hair broke the record once again? woo hoo! good for them.

good for n2n! hopefully they keep filling up and the average price goes up as well. how much is the n2n weekly nut?

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

CSonBroadway
#22re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21
Posted: 6/22/09 at 4:55pm

I don't know exactly, but I'm guessing it is around the 400K/500K range.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#23re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21

Whatever and I'm just wondering when Memphis, Blithe Spirit, Exit the King, Shrek, Legally Blonde, Gypsy, Rent, and God of Carnage decided to become Disney shows?

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#24re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/21

You can say that for many shows such as The Little Mermaid. It's doing better than ITH and it's still closing do to another show moving in. So who knows if a show is gonna take the Richard Rodgers Theater. It's like the whole story with Tarzan when it closed when it was doing ok and ITH moved in. NO ONE KNOWS!!

In The Heights is a TONY winning musical that is consistent in it's grosses. Tarzan didn't close because of ITH coming in. Disney was bringing in Mermaid & decided to cut costs & let Tarzan go.