News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 40

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

FindingNamo
#975Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/10/15 at 10:08pm

My perception is I dip in here and there.

Anyway, the big difference between Madonna and me, at least as vis a vis you and health scares, is:  I'd do anything in my power to help you, and I only know you a little better than Madonna does.  So if there is anything you can think of that I can do from 3000 or so miles away, let me know.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#976Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/11/15 at 12:14am

FindingNamo said: "I'd like U2 to be great again too."

Hah! I was thinking earlier in this thread, I wonder if songanddanceman2 likes U2. That could really throw some more gas on this discussion. Madonna bitch

#977Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/11/15 at 9:47pm

God.    what happened to my thread?

Updated On: 9/11/15 at 09:47 PM

FindingNamo
#978Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/11/15 at 10:04pm

Three things I sincerely hope:

1) I hope songanddanceman2 is a-ok.

2)  I hope everybody who goes to the show, no matter how they get in, enjoys the show.

3)  I hope somebody will give us a rough estimate of what percentage of the choreography does NOT involve dancers crawling on all fours and pretending to paw their way up Madonna's body and only to have her push them away from her and twirl 180 degrees and move in the other direction.  Bonus points for a count of number of matador hats and horns.

Thanking you all in advance 

Updated On: 9/11/15 at 10:04 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#979Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/11/15 at 10:35pm

FindingNamo
#980Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/11/15 at 10:42pm

The first time I saw Hole (1994), Courtney Love walked on stage simultaneously flashing the peace sign with her right hand and the middle finger on her left.

That was a statement.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#981Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/11/15 at 11:59pm

People were asking about VOGUE. So here it is. Kinda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YymiE0KxoIE

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#982Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 12:14am

That video reminded me of Bill Burr's recent podcast after seeing Miley Cyrus on the VMAs:

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#983Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:13am

S&D - wishing you good health!  Hope you're doing a-ok.  

Thank Kaballah Jesus for YouTube.  I've seen enough excerpts and full numbers now to convince me that I can definitely skip this tour.  I'm not paying those prices just for a great rendition of "Deeper & Deeper".  What she did to "Dress You Up", "Into the Groove", "Everybody" and "Lucky Star" was the final nail in the coffin for me.  4 brilliant pop gems and each played like an underpaid flamenco  wedding band.  I feel like with each successive tour she's just trolling us more and more.  Like Namo, I genuinely hope that those of you who have tickets have a great time, but I am so glad I didn't spend a dime this time.  For Pete's sake, she performs a version of "Into the Groove" without a groove.  She clearly is now only surrounded by yes men.  Man, I wish Stuart Price were back in the fold.  No way he would let her get away with this ****.  

Updated On: 9/12/15 at 03:13 AM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#984Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 6:29am

Thanks for the kind words, further examinations needed so I'm having a second biopsy next week so won't know anything for a week or so yet. 

HorseTears, I agree about the Gypsy melody though I quite like Dress You Up, if she had not mixed it with the other songs it would have been fine. I think fans moaning she doesn't do enough old stuff probably resulted in that. However that's a small moment in the show. 

The performances of Iconic, Heartbreak City/Love Don't Love Here Anymore, Holy Water, Like a Virgin, Deeper and Deeper, Body Shop, True Blue, Material Girl, Music are pretty spectacular. She sounds brilliant on Rebel Heart and La Vie En Rose. All of those are think a high points, a few of those moments I would put as some of her best live performances on tour ever.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#985Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 9:46am

songanddanceman2 said: "I think fans moaning she doesn't do enough old stuff probably resulted in that."

If she was really convinced that all of her fans bought and adore her latest album, it seems a bit rude to make every ticket include a digital download of the album, then, no?

ArtMan
#986Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 1:25pm

HorseTears, Thanks for posting that video.  I was regretting my decision to get a refund on my ticket when my show was postponed.  When I saw the setlist I thought, ****, she's doing alot of my old favorites.  When I saw the video you posted, and she took four of my favorite songs and turned it into a clunky medley, I'm glad I got my $400 back.

FindingNamo
#987Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:11pm

Those close audience cameras and unstable shoes are doing the gal no favors. She seems very trepidatious and listless, like she needs a spoonful of Vitameatavegimin before she poops out.  Should I start a new thread (Listless Icon) so this thread can be for happy optimism and my thread can be an examination of whether or not Maddie is trolling the audience?

Jordan Catalano
#988Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:21pm

I found a video of Madonna getting ready to go onstage for that number.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#989Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:34pm

Is she at least still doing "I'm Writing A Letter To Daddy"? Otherwise, I'm staying home, Amy Schumer or not...

Jordan Catalano
#990Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:35pm

Yes, but it's now a mashup with "Oh, Father".

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#991Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:53pm

Are there any whole songs in the show?!

Jordan Catalano
#992Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 3:56pm

"Act of Contrition" is complete. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#993Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 4:07pm

Hmm, that's a lot of clams for that... (funnier comment if you listened to the Bill Burr clip)

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#994Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 8:55pm

Most of the songs are complete in the tour inc some of the old ones, Holiday, Like a Virgin, Material Girl, Music, True Blue, La Isla Bonita, Who's That Girl, Deeper and Deeper, It's only the gypsy section ( which is a less than 11 minute montage and I would say the weakest section) that is songs mashed up (compared to say Janet Jacksons new tour which merges most of her tracks). Also Iconic, Bitch Im Madonna, Devil Pray, Holy Water, Rebel Heart, Body Shop, Heartbreak City, Living for Love, Unapologetic Bitch etc are also complete. I think if you were buying tickets to see 3 songs (everybody, Lucky Star, Into The Groove) then yes you would be dissaopointed. 

The he fact is she has a 2 hour show and has crammed a lot in to please as many as possible, you might not like the gypsy mash up but to judge off that is silly. The only other ones that are cut down are Vogue (which on the album track Holy Water features as a clip so is actually extended out for the tour) and Love Don't Live Here Anymore that is on the end of Heartbreak City and works superbly. 

I have to also say her vocals on this tour are probably her best yet. An article has come out today picking up on the fact of how strong her vocals are, that's rare for her on tour that can often sound questionable in the vocal department.

i agree the gypsy montage mash up is a bit throw away but when the rest seems so strong it's not enough to bother me ( I would still put Material Girl and Cherish from the Blonde Ambittion tour above this section in terms of cringe). My only other negative is I wish she hadn't finished with Holiday, this tour has a very similar feel to the Reinvention Tour (loved that tour and would place this above that) and Holiday ended that as well, it seems a bit too obvious, and also the brilliant Ghosttown missing seems odd. I have a feeling that will appear as the tour goes on.

oh and Namo my love, just for you since you have been banging on about the tour flopping, it was packed both nights in Montreal and tonight in Washington judging by the crowd pics people are tweeting it's packed there as well. 

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Updated On: 9/12/15 at 08:55 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#995Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 9:34pm

So you're not seeing the tour until December, and won't watch any videos, but you're tracking every stop, reading every article, and following the whole tour on social media?! Seems like an odd place to draw the line.

FindingNamo
#996Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 10:42pm

Am I wrong to read a kind of frantic and defensive tone in that post, song?  Is it because other people don't think it's any good either?  It's not you who's on tour. 

I watched the opening of the Montreal show when she comes down in the cage and the whole thing seems terribly lethargic.  And that long intro before she appears!  It's clear Madonna has no idea what the word "revolution" means, but hers would be one of the first heads on the chopping block.  

ArtMan
#997Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 10:47pm

Well, I seen enough of the clips, to know i made the right decision for me.  I saw Madonna  in concert only once.  Drowned World Tour.  Hated it.  It started two hours late and  the show had minimal  classics on the setlist.  So when she announced this tour and I paid my $400, I was hoping to get a variety of old vs new on this tour.  From what I saw on the clips, the classics are only getting brief moments.  Maybe Janet is doing the same on her new tour, but you know what?  For $120 and 12th row vs $400 and back of floor, I'll take Janet"s show any day.  And I don't think Janet will be playing one of her hits on a ukelele.

FindingNamo
#998Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 10:57pm

Sounds like you did the smart thing.

Jordan Catalano
#999Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 11:17pm

Does Madonna sing "Let it Go"? The kids love that song. 

Updated On: 9/12/15 at 11:17 PM

Videos