News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 41

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1000Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 11:35pm

ArtMan said: "And I don't think Janet will be playing one of her hits on a ukelele."

Never know, a lovely twee "Together Again" on uke could be a show highlight...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1001Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 11:44pm

Janet does do a killer "Escapade" on the recorder, though. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1002Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/12/15 at 11:50pm

Internet fail, only one Janet Jackson ukulele cover?!? That said, I actually kind of liked it, heh...

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#1003Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 3:52am

Oh dear, first of all nope I'm not seeing the tour till Dec but have watched a lot of the vids (have no will power). Nothing defensive in my tone, someone asked if she performed any full songs and I listed that she does whilst also saying I wasn't the biggest fan of the gypsy section (you know, able to point out plus and negatives....unlike some). And Namo for someone who apparently hasn't clicked on any clips of Madonna for years apart from the Unapologetic Bitch clip the other day you seem to know quite a bit about this tour (now apparently you have seen the opening video and first song). Brilliant 

and I'm sorry but I would much rather watch an artist change things up and try different things than watch Janet present the same old same old medleys and 90s choreography again (something she is doing on the new tour, and before I'm jumped on, I'm a fan of Janet but her new tour looks dire).

No point having this discussion with the couple of people posting on this thread because Namo is just here to hate and the others already know the tour is not for them, which is cool.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#1004Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 4:21am

The last thing I did before taking a brief pool-side siesta this afternoon was look at this thread and the Fosse thread.  And apparently that's all I needed to do to influence my dreams, because I had a rather fantastic vision of a Fosse directed Madge concert.  Of course, in my dream, Fosse was alive and Madge was at the height of her powers - somewhere in the early 90s-early 2000s - with all the surgery, it's difficult to pinpoint.  The stage was sleek and modern (Confessions being the closest real life comparison), the lighting powerful, perfectly timed and seductive and the choreography, well, perfect, of course.  I mean, imagine the throbbing bassline and finger snaps of the intro of Vogue choreographed by Fosse.  

FindingNamo
#1005Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 11:03am

Yes, song, I started clicking yesterday.  I hope I am seeing much worse clips taken on crappier phones from worse vantage points than the excellent ones you're seeing.  

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

FindingNamo
#1006Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 12:21pm

This just in:  Saw the "La Vie en Rose" and it's great.  That's the direction she should go in.  More "Rose" fewer poles.

songanddanceman2
#1007Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 12:57pm

I agree she's great on that but people want a Madonna show, it's nice when she does stuff like that but that's not her, I can just imagine the press now if her show was all that kinda thing. I think the balance in this tour of show and vocal is great. Sorry but I think the pole dancing section is outstanding. 

Great review from her first US show last night in Washington http://thedailytwist.com/2015/09/review-madonna-shows-why-shes-queen-at-dc-rebel-heart-show/

Updated On: 9/13/15 at 12:57 PM

FindingNamo
#1008Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 1:15pm

I'm not saying she should sit on the lip of a stage and play a ukulele for an hour, only Amanda Palmer can get away with that.  But, of all the eras she might have revisited to springboard into the third chapter of her touring career, this makes me wish she had gone to Breathless Mahoney for inspiration and not back to the crotch grabbing.  I think after everything, I was expecting her to find a NEW way to be an older singer/show woman.  So I am not saying she should have trotted out the Great American Songbook (shudder) but she might have found a way to present fun, sexy and relaxed in a way we hadn't seen before.

Don't my criticisms all read like a disappointed ex-lover?  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1009Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 2:37pm

songanddanceman2 said: "I can just imagine the press now if her show was all that kinda thing."

Wasn't there a time when Madonna wouldn't have cared at all what the press thought?!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#1010Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/13/15 at 11:00pm

No.

songanddanceman2
#1011Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 5:45am

You do read like a spurned lover always Namo, problem is your ex lover could walk and water and you would still hate them.

another great review in The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/on-rebel-heart-tour-stop-madonna-doesnt-miss-a-beat/2015/09/13/e0228b9a-5a59-11e5-8e9e-dce8a2a2a679_story.html

and a nice write up here 

http://www.inquisitr.com/2414028/rebel-heart-tour-proves-madonna-to-be-great-vocalist-sorry-janet-jackson-and-britney-spears/

Updated On: 9/14/15 at 05:45 AM

FindingNamo
#1012Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 10:03am

The Post agrees with me that she doesn't know what a revolution is.  Stay in school, kids!

Jordan Catalano
#1013Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 10:09am

"You do read like a spurned lover always Namo, problem is your ex lover could walk and water and you would still hate them."

But let's be fair. Your ex-lover could eat a human baby onstage and you'd justify it as her expressing herself artistically. 

FindingNamo
#1014Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 10:10am

^^^ Ha!  And say the fans ate it up!

Updated On: 9/14/15 at 10:10 AM

Jordan Catalano
#1015Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 10:44am

She ate a baby. It was great. 

songanddanceman2
#1016Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 2:08pm

Lol yeah, I'm on here saying what I like and don't like about the show but I will love anything she does *rolls eyes*

And Namo I agree with you about the revolution thing on the tour (though the actual opening video imagery is cool ) it seems to be an afterthought. I do like out of all the raves the tour is getting though (the tour you said would be a flop) that's the bit you pull out......yet I'm the one with the blinkers on apparently 

Updated On: 9/14/15 at 02:08 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1017Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 2:22pm

songanddanceman2 said: "yet I'm the one with the blinkers on apparently"

Well, that does indicate you want to turn, no?

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#1018Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 2:49pm

Resale Prices Strong For Madonna's Joint NYC Gigs With Amy Schumer

"While the “Rebel Heart” Tour was initially reported to be underselling at most dates, Madonna is posting some of the most expensive ticket prices on the secondary market this year. Even her most affordable shows are averaging above $100 on the resale market, a feat that many mainstream artists fail to achieve while on tour. And though media will continue to speculate that Madonna is nearing the end of her renowned career, her box office numbers have shown that she is still among the upper echelon of pop music’s elite more than 35 years after first breaking onto the scene."

Doesn't sound like a "flop" to me.

Updated On: 9/14/15 at 02:49 PM

FindingNamo
#1019Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 3:01pm

Remember when she'd sell out three nights per city in 30 seconds flat?

I'm glad I posted the thing about her not knowing what a revolution is BEFORE the Washington Post did. 

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#1020Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 4:18pm

FindingNamo said: "Remember when she'd sell out three nights per city in 30 seconds flat?"

Yes, Namo. I can also remember when I could cum three times in an hour. Those were the days, my friend... Madonna bitch

FindingNamo
#1021Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 4:26pm

Wow!   You and Madonna were once very potent.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#1022Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 4:33pm

"Remember when she'd sell out three nights per city in 30 seconds flat?"

You said that already and I replied that after 30 years, it's reasonable for her shows to sell slower.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#1023Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 4:38pm

It's more than reasonable.  It's inevitable.  That's why the carping about "No, the shows ARE selling out"  [translation: the seats ARE occupied] needs context.

songanddanceman2
#1024Madonna bitch
Posted: 9/14/15 at 5:10pm

Namo for the love of God just admit you are wrong again. Just as you predicted the last tour would flop ( and get bad reviews) you have done the same this time, both times you are wrong. She is 30 years in to a career and STILL selling out venues  ( under 100 nose bleed seats are left per night in NY apparently). She is still doing great. The tour has sold well and the reviews are all positive. You can bitch and moan all you want about what you don't like but general opinion by concert goers and critics seems to be the opposite. Let it go already. 

Videos