News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

The Debates

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#100The Debates
Posted: 9/14/24 at 1:43pm

Bwaygurl2 said: "Jay Lerner-Z said: "Uncle Sam got you good."

What an awful thing to say to a veteran. You masquerade as a moral person. In reality you are a smug key board warrior who doesn't even contribute anything worthwhile to an Internet conversation, let alone contribute to your country. I can assure you none of us would miss you if you stopped posting.
"

Thank you.  And I say that on behalf of all veterans who, like me, sometimes find ourselves the target of internet trolls and bullies who ridicule and demean our military service.

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#101The Debates
Posted: 9/14/24 at 2:09pm

You speak for everyone, Bwaygurl?

What you just said to me is worse than anything I have ever said to Highland Guy. A man who has repeatedly degraded and de-humanized me for over a year now. Just because he is a veteran does not mean I owe him my personal dignity.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#102The Debates
Posted: 9/14/24 at 5:22pm

Bwaygurl2 said: "I can assure you none of us would miss you if you stopped posting."

Your assurances would be erroneous. I disagree with Jay more than you'd probably expect, but I appreciate his very pointed and distinctive takes on a lot of topics. 

And while I wouldn't have used quite the same words that he used, I agree with him that the other poster's apparent condemnation of Muhammad Ali as a coward is severely misguided.

Updated On: 9/14/24 at 05:22 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#103The Debates
Posted: 9/15/24 at 11:06am

Thanks, kdogg… the feeling is mutual! :)

A shame there is so much rancor around here.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 9/15/24 at 11:06 AM

Jay Lerner-Z
#104The Debates
Posted: 9/15/24 at 11:19am

“Uncle Sam got you good"

Just in case my comment has been misunderstood, I am referring to the military propaganda machine. I want YOU. Etc.

My feeling is that it is more disrespectful to veterans of Vietnam to keep pretending that the war was a good thing. I would never be disrespectful or ridiculing or demeaning to these people, who I see as victims. This truth should be recognized.

I fail to even see how HG could possibly take offense at this.

Updated On: 9/15/24 at 11:19 AM

Highland Guy
#105The Debates
Posted: 9/15/24 at 11:58am

Jay Lerner-Z said: "“Uncle Sam got you good"

Just in case my comment has been misunderstood, I am referring to the military propaganda machine. I want YOU. Etc.

My feeling is that it is more disrespectful to veterans of Vietnam to keep pretending that the war was a good thing. I would never be disrespectful or ridiculing or demeaning to these people, who I see as victims. This truth should be recognized.

I fail to even see how HG could possibly take offense at this.
"

I did not misunderstand your comment.  Vietnam and military veterans are not victims, they are HEROES.  How dare you!  You are a cowardly, dispicable piece of nothing.  I despise you and others of your ilk beyond all measure.  PUNK.

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 9/15/24 at 11:58 AM

Jay Lerner-Z
#106The Debates
Posted: 9/15/24 at 12:16pm

I’m not your biggest fan either.

Jay Lerner-Z
#107The Debates
Posted: 9/15/24 at 2:54pm

The great Jane Fonda’s thoughts on the recent debate. I agree there should have been focus on climate change. This is why we need another debate. The actual issues are far more important than either candidate.

Jay Lerner-Z
#108The Debates
Posted: 9/16/24 at 12:41pm

I'm just reflecting on the hate-filled abuse I suffered here yesterday.

I fail to understand it. I'd like to remind folks that "victim" is not an insult in any way, or derogatory in any way. I thought everybody knew this, but seemingly not. I'd also like to stress that "victim" and "hero" are in no way mutually exclusive.

Highland Guy
#109The Debates
Posted: 9/16/24 at 5:08pm

Meanwhile, MAGA Vance says he is willing to "create stories" for media attention.  Let's see how that tidbit plays out at the Vice Presidential Debate.  CAN  NOT  WAIT  !

Non sibi sed patriae

Highland Guy
#110The Debates
Posted: 9/16/24 at 5:56pm

And, Rachel Maddow will interview Hillary Clinton tonight (MSNBC, 9 PM ET).  Hillary was part of the team to help Kamala prepare for the Presidential Debate.  Shows the AMAZING work that can be accomplished when two strong women (one a woman of color) come together to triumph over a COWARDLY MAGA SEXUAL ABUSER.

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z
#111The Debates
Posted: 9/17/24 at 1:43pm

Highland Guy, are you a UK citizen?

By your own logic, your opinions on and feelings about the British Royal Family are completely irrelevant and you are not entitled to express them.

EDIT… oops, wrong thread

Updated On: 9/17/24 at 01:43 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#112The Debates
Posted: 9/18/24 at 7:00pm

Wouldn’t NLB be kinda wasted on Herbie? Not much comedy to mine, or maybe I’m wrong.

EDIT… sorry, wrong thread, wrong BOARD… like how?

Updated On: 9/18/24 at 07:00 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#113The Debates
Posted: 9/19/24 at 12:41pm

Edit… wrong thread again… I don’t know why. Phone gremlins, apologies.

Updated On: 9/19/24 at 12:41 PM

Jay Lerner-Z
#114The Debates
Posted: 9/19/24 at 2:40pm

They need a “star”, or a “celebrity”?

Not the same thing. Daniel Radcliffe is a lovely and decent guy, but to me at least he is not a star.

Jay Lerner-Z
#115The Debates
Posted: 9/19/24 at 2:48pm

OMG it happened again. I hit “reply" on the thread I’m reading and it jumps over to this thread without me noticing. 

Highland Guy
#116The Debates
Posted: 9/19/24 at 5:10pm

Apparently, the Convicted Felon is claiming that the Presidential Debate audience "went crazy" for him.  There was no audience.

Hmmm.

Non sibi sed patriae

Jay Lerner-Z
#117The Debates
Posted: 9/19/24 at 5:33pm

Edit… it happened again

Updated On: 9/19/24 at 05:33 PM

Highland Guy
#118The Debates
Posted: 9/21/24 at 1:13pm

Kamala Harris has accepted an invitation from CNN for a second Presidential Debate on October 23rd.  Same rules as for the first debate.  Nothing from the other side.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/21/politics/presidential-debate-harris-trump-cnn/index.html

Non sibi sed patriae

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#119The Debates
Posted: 9/21/24 at 2:00pm

He'll push for it to be on Fox again and insist on an audience. Otherwise he'll decline.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Highland Guy
#120The Debates
Posted: 9/22/24 at 6:17pm

The Convicted Felon has said "No" to a second debate with Kamala Harris because "it's too late".

Uh-Huh

Non sibi sed patriae
Updated On: 9/22/24 at 06:17 PM

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#121The Debates
Posted: 9/22/24 at 9:50pm

We have so many mentally challenged here.

Stephanatic

Videos