News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2- Page 77

Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#1900re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/24/09 at 5:36am

So, I've been on a TWS kick the last couple of weeks and decided to bump this thread. Yes, sorry. We can't let it stay dead forever! Haha. How is everyone?

Anyone gone and seen our cast in their various other jobs? Did not get to see Lynch and Joberg on the first leg of the 3 Balloons tour, but I'm hoping it comes near me this fall. Anyone else? I've heard it's awesome and Stephen's new album is pretty damn funny.

Kevin Kern is Fiyero in Wicked right now, but that's old hat. Richard Blake is Fiyero on the 1NT (and is wonderful, btw -- got to see him a couple of weeks ago here in Omaha). Amy and Constantine are doing Rock of Ages, but that's also old hat. Tina moved to Kansas. Laura won a Tony. Who else has been up to what? I've been trying to keep track, but it's proving difficult! Updated On: 5/24/09 at 05:36 AM

AndAllThatJazz22
#1901re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/24/09 at 10:20am

^ The show is not dead forever, It's about to start another major national tour.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

thespian geek
#1902re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/24/09 at 9:46pm

It is?! What! I had no idea. Has it announced tour dates yet?

AndAllThatJazz22
#1903re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/24/09 at 9:55pm

^ Well, I haven't found a website or a tour list anyway... but I've seen it on the list for 2 different cities.

Salt Lake City
http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/Salt%20Lake%20City

Richmond
http://www.richmondcenterstage.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=110

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."

thespian geek
#1904re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/24/09 at 10:13pm

Ugh! Damn. I wish it were coming through here. Our touring season next year completely sucks and I need something to liven it up. Something that isn't Legally Blonde, please.

sgv123
#1905re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/25/09 at 1:51pm

I saw the first tour and would love to see the 2nd.

I really enjoyed this show and miss it.

thespian geek
#1906re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/25/09 at 4:52pm

The first tour never came anywhere near me. Actually, it might've played down in Kansas City. I can't remember. Whatever, though. If the second NT comes close-ish, I'm going to try and go. I miss this show too much, haha. Updated On: 5/25/09 at 04:52 PM

brad3 Profile Photo
brad3
thespian geek
#1908re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/26/09 at 3:12pm

It was pretty darn wonderful, that's for sure. <3

AndAllThatJazz22
#1909re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/26/09 at 4:18pm

Does anyone know of any other cities this show will play in?

thespian geek
#1910re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/26/09 at 5:10pm

I'm hoping an official announcement of the cities will be made soon, otherwise I would say just keep your eye on www.theweddingsingerontour.com and see if it gets updated, maybe.

born2bebroadway Profile Photo
born2bebroadway
#1911re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/26/09 at 11:40pm

The 2nd tour is great!! The cast is REALLY talented!!! If you're near Lancaster, PA July 30-September 12, it will be playing at the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater before "officially" going on tour. It's currently at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theater in Fort Myers, FL till June 6th. Come see it!!!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#1912re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 12:10am

Sorry, but I have a quick question - who did Constantine play in TWS and when was he in it? They mentioned it when Rock of Ages performed for The Today Show. I knew Amy Spanger was in it, but didn't know about Constantine.

thespian geek
#1913re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 12:15am

He was Sammy for like, two months (I think) in the fall? I want to say it was mid-September to around mid-November. I could be wrong. I know he came into the show when Kevin Kern was still on as Robbie because Stephen was on vacation, haha.

MistressoftheHouse
#1914re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 12:34am

It's coming to Dutch Apple?

I've been to that theater, and I'm sorry but it seems like a bit of a downgrade.

It's not a big place at all...I wonder if the show's booking any better caliber theaters for this tour or if it's only going to be at places like that.

Avatar credit goes to _shiksagoddess_ on livejournal.com.

thespian geek
#1915re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 1:18am

I don't remember the first national tour playing bigger cities/theatres either, though. So I don't know. re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2 They probably play what they can get.

sgv123
#1916re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 1:27am

The first national tour played several big cities. I saw it in Baltimore.

thespian geek
#1917re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 1:44am

Oh. Oops! Haha. I just remember that when the first NT was announced, people were like... why isn't it playing anywhere bigger? I'm pretty sure my brain isn't making that up... er...

born2bebroadway Profile Photo
born2bebroadway
#1918re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 6:13am

It's going to the Dutch Apple before it's actually considered the National Tour. The actual tour doesn't start until late 09. Broadway Palm and Dutch Apple are like previews for the tour, such as the Footloose 10th Anniversary Tour was at Dutch Apple last summer and is coming to Broadway Palm this summer.

thespian geek
#1919re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/27/09 at 11:50pm

So I don't even know who will see this, but Felicia Finley is playing a gig in Chicago next Friday night. $5 cover and you get a free copy of her debut CD! You can find more info on feliciafinley.net

thespian geek
#1920re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/31/09 at 1:56am

Speaking of Felicia, saw her post somewhere on Facebook that she's going to be in Catch Me If You Can this fall.

AndAllThatJazz22
#1921re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/31/09 at 1:34pm

Pensacola is on the list too
http://www.pensacolasaenger.com/broadway-series.asp

AndAllThatJazz22
#1922re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/31/09 at 1:44pm

And a YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/WeddingSingerTOUR

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#1923re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/31/09 at 2:55pm

I'm obsessed with this cast recording right now!

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

thespian geek
#1924re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
Posted: 5/31/09 at 3:18pm

I really don't know what to think about the fact that they Robbie and Julia on the tour are actually married, lol.

Videos