News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 19

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

broadwayboy223
#450FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/2/17 at 2:40pm

I will still see Frozen regardless of the cast, but as it has been stated before Betsy would have been and still could be perfection as Elsa. Perhaps she will still do it on Broadway? Maybe after Cassie?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#451FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/2/17 at 4:40pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Jessetenny said: "Maybe Betsy is doing mean girls as Cady? That would be perfect!

"

Honestly, why would anyone take another musical over a musical based on one of the biggest movies of the decades?

"

Merit. Integrity. Interest, or lack thereof. The want to not star in Broadway's next theme park extravaganza.

I can think of plenty of reasons.  

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#452FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/4/17 at 11:55pm

Not a fan of Caissie...would prefer Jackie Burns

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#453FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/5/17 at 12:19am

Liza's Headband said: "Jorge is well-known for making random statements based on zero factual accuracy. Working closely with a performer indicates no proof of "grooming." What a bizarre thread this has become. Do people not realize this happens in the industry all the time? 

"

Wow. You're so cool. I really want to be you when I grow up.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#454FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/5/17 at 12:23am

Let It Go

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Liza's Headband
#455FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/5/17 at 2:44pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Liza's Headband said: "Jorge is well-known for making random statements based on zero factual accuracy. Working closely with a performer indicates no proof of "grooming." What a bizarre thread this has become. Do people not realize this happens in the industry all the time? 

"

Wow. You're so cool. I really want to be you when I grow up.

"

Your response speaks volumes. 

stevie3
#456FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/5/17 at 7:20pm

Spring of 2018 ? I will believe it when I see it, My guess Fall of 2018

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#457FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/5/17 at 7:54pm

stevie3 said: "Spring of 2018 ? I will believe it when I see it, My guess Fall of 2018

"

http://frozenthemusical.com

Neusimone
#459FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/29/17 at 11:49pm

I think Annaleigh Ashford would be perfect but I know this will never happen. But I am still shock no casting announcement for the actual musical and its doing my head in. But I do think this will be like Tarzan.

I was joking with the idea of Willemijn Verkaik but think she is way too old

Updated On: 3/29/17 at 11:49 PM

Willie4316
#460FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/30/17 at 12:16am

Neusimone said: "I think Annaleigh Ashford would be perfect but I know this will never happen. But I am still shock no casting announcement for the actual musical and its doing my head in. But I do think this will be like Tarzan.

I was joking with the idea of Willemijn Verkaik but think she is way too old
"

Willemijn Verkaik would have been a good choice were she just a little bit younger. However, having done multiple concerts using songs from Frozen as a regular request, plus her recent return to Wicked in the West End, perhaps she could be up for consideration, either to originate or to replace. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#461FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/30/17 at 12:52am

I believe that the original intention at least was to have the Denver cast also contracted for Broadway, so as of now it's Cassie Levy and Patti Murin.

Neusimone
#462FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/30/17 at 4:56am

The Distinctive Baritone said: "I believe that the original intention at least was to have the Denver cast also contracted for Broadway, so as of now it's Cassie Levy and Patti Murin.

"

can we have someone else anyone else?

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#463FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/30/17 at 2:04pm

Broadwayworld will be instituting a site-wide ban on discussing Murin's performance.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#464FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 11:19am

Are Levy and Murin doing the Denver run? I thought they were just doing an additional workshop prior to the actual Denver tryout. 

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#465FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 11:26am

Nothing is announced for the official run as of now!! For all we know, it could still be Betsy.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

disneybroadwayfan22
#466FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 11:28am

Someone said earlier on here that Cassie is officially signed up to do the Colorado AND the Broadway runs. I'm guessing the same applies to Patti/  

JennH
#467FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 11:49am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Someone said earlier on here that Cassie is officially signed up to do the Colorado AND the Broadway runs. I'm guessing the same applies to Patti/  

"

Considering just about everything else rumored about it has come to fruition, I'm guessing the same. But of course, anything can happen between Lab and Production. It's still a lab and they still have pretty much no right to their role as they would in a Workshop. But at this point, I'm sure it'll end up being Cassie and Patti. 

BobbyD3
#468FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 4:28pm

Nothing like two actresses in their mid-30s playing young Disney princesses.  I assume Angela Lansbury and Georgia Engel were booked. It drives me crazy.  27, 28...sure.  36 and 37 at the time it opens on Broadway? INSANE.  

How about a quick stop at Florida State or UMich?  I could think you could find an Anna and Elsa that are age appropriate fairly quickly.  

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#469FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 4:34pm

BobbyD3 makes a good point. FROZEN is a show where they could take a chance on "fresh meat" in one or both of the lead roles. Like ANASTASIA, the name alone is the moneymaker.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

brian1973
#470FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 4:43pm

Cassie is doing Broadway.. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#471FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 5:17pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "BobbyD3 makes a good point. FROZEN is a show where they could take a chance on "fresh meat" in one or both of the lead roles. Like ANASTASIA, the name alone is the moneymaker."

Though Caissie Levy and Patti Murin aren't marquee names either.

Updated On: 4/13/17 at 05:17 PM

disneybroadwayfan22
#472FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 5:31pm

BobbyD3 said: "Nothing like two actresses in their mid-30s playing young Disney princesses.  I assume Angela Lansbury and Georgia Engel were booked. It drives me crazy.  27, 28...sure.  36 and 37 at the time it opens on Broadway

"

While I think Patti can away with it because she looks pretty close like Anna, I'm very concerned about Cassie. While she's talented enough to carry the show, she looks way too old for Elsa in my opinion.

brian1973
#473FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 5:54pm

She doesn't look old!!

nycgogetter
#474FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/13/17 at 11:31pm

I would fully expecting many, many changes between Denver and NYC . . . and where ever it may go in between.

Videos