News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hairspray Movie Dolls

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#1Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:31pm

Hairspray Movie Dolls

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-04-05-hairspray-dolls_N.htm

I'm sorry, but I cant wait to own these!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Julian2
#2re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:33pm

I <3 Edna!

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:36pm

Kiiiinda creepy if you ask me.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#3re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:38pm

Heeheeheehee.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#4re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:38pm

Weird,

I have never had a doll made of me before...

Akiva

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#5re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:39pm

Akiva you're NOT in the movie!

fine - I'll play along.

yay an Akiva doll!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Dancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
#6re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:40pm

It's kind of creepy how lifelike they all look.

<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one

#7re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:43pm

fun!!!

i cant wait to see these turn up in THE DROWSY BARBIE thread!

NathanLaneStalker
#8re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:43pm

Can you say "SELLING OUT"?

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#9re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:45pm

Can we say "GENIUS"?

I am buying 2 sets.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#10re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:50pm

Mateo,

You have to admit that doll looks quite a bit like me in my avatar (which you so graciously and amazingly made).

Akiva

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#11re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:53pm

Oh My Gosh!!! ::spaz attack:: I haven't been this excited about dolls since i was in elementary school. Oh I am so getting these for my b-day! They look amazing!

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

ABSteel Profile Photo
ABSteel
#12re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:53pm

The curl's flipped, but yeah, it looks just like you!

"A girl like me lands on her feet."

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#13re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:59pm

Also as a bigger girl, I am so happy to finally see a bigger doll on the market.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

the_gambler3 Profile Photo
the_gambler3
#14re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:10pm

Could not be more excited! I hope they come out with accessories. I wanna buy the Weiner Stand!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#15re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:11pm

The looks modeled after:

re: Hairspray Movie Dolls

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

MerMaggieGalinda
#16re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:18pm

Can I just say that the Seeweed doll is extremely cute? I think he and Amber are my favorites.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#17re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:29pm

You've come a long way John:

re: Hairspray Movie Dolls

ooo, I hope they have accesories too. I assume a can of Hairspray -it's just a given.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

tmm_fan
#18re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/6/07 at 5:08am

These are great ... kinda takes me back to my childhood.

SAVE THE PALO ALTO BOWL!

http://www.facebook.com/fireballchase

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make" -- The Beatles

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

"Celebrate Earth Day, every day" -- John Denver

"Don't let them mold your mind, they want to control mankind, seems like their only intention is to exploit the earth; and you trust in their deceit, your mind causes your defeat, and so you become an invention to distort this earth; propoganda and lies, is a plague in our lives, how much more victimized, before we realize (hey) ... they'll make it attractive, to get man destracted, corrupting your (soul), polluting your (soul), destroying (your soul, mind control) ... ooh grand master, let the people go, you put them in total confusion, to downs-troy their soul; for they practise what you preach, so they're always in your reach, hi-tech slavery in these days, its mind control" -- Stephen Marley

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#19re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/6/07 at 8:12am

Hm...I'm very tempted to get the whole set for a collector's item...

But where's Velma in this collection? Haha.
Updated On: 4/6/07 at 08:12 AM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#20re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/6/07 at 8:30am

Though I'm a guy, I am definitely getting me a set!! I wonder what they'll sing! Tracy has got to sing GMB and Edna will probably sing WELCOME TO THE '60S. Seaweed will obviously sing RUN & TELL THAT. And Amber will probably sing COOTIES and Link either IT TAKES TWO or LADIE' CHOICE. ... These are the singing dolls, right? Whis isn't there one of Velma or Motormouth Maybelle?

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#21re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/6/07 at 8:35am

They better come to their senses and get a Velma, Motormouth and Corny one...and Wilbur! Let's get the whole cast re: Hairspray Movie Dolls

And these are all not the singing ones. There are two other seperate singing dolls (Tracy & Link), they have different outfits and they sing. These do not.

And, I'm with you jacob, I'm a guy and I'll be getting these! They're going in a collector's case though!

jacobsnchz14
#22re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/6/07 at 8:57am

"And, I'm with you jacob, I'm a guy and I'll be getting these! They're going in a collector's case though!"

Amen to that! :)

WishingWells
#23re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/6/07 at 9:15am

I have to laugh everytime I look at Edna!!! It makes me really want to see this movie!

jacobsnchz14
#24re: Hairspray Movie Dolls
Posted: 4/6/07 at 9:36am

You know those Santa Claus dolls on Christmas that are on a stand and when you push the button he "gets down"? It would be really funny if they had an Edna "doll" just like that with her singing, 'dancing', and wearing the dress from "You Can't Stop the Beat!".
Updated On: 4/6/07 at 09:36 AM

Videos