News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)- Page 4

Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#75re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/23/08 at 11:59pm

Oh Aaron's definitely great. He had a group of friends there tonight that make some kind of sound that sounds like booing ~ but it's not. It's "their thing" ~ Alice said he'd warned them that it was NOT booing. LOL.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

snl89
#76re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:03am

We haven't even mentioned Aaron Tveit. I've never seen him before. That kid is great -- and what fun freaking role that must be to play.

Heck yes!! I fangirl over Aaron WAY too easily haha. But seriously, he's incredible. I've established that I dont think anyone could ever play Gabe as well as him just because.. he has this thing about the way he moves. He's so GRACEFULL. Like a cat (or *****SPOILER*****.. you know.. like a spirit). And it works SO well for the character. I think someone mentioned this before (was it Emcee maybe?), but he's just always very.. present. Which, again, is needed for the character. Plus his voice is friggin FIERCE and I love it. Though I hear he has had some hair issues lately... lol. Why do they keep mussing up his hair? It was fine just the way it was :P

aaand Jenn is awesome. I love her voice. It's SO mature and gorgeous for a 16 year old! And she's so friggin pretty. I wouldn't mind being her- 'sall I'm saying. lol

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 2/24/08 at 12:03 AM

East Village Profile Photo
East Village
#77re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/24/08 at 12:15am

If I had a spare million or two to throw at Michael, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I'd be one of those producers who insisted that the Dr. Madden character be rewritten to become a great role -- one that would attract a great actor. With a serious song or two for him and a few great scenes involving Diana's therapy or for him to ruminate, you'd have another lead role.

This show has to ask serious questions about psychiatry -- and as such, the psychiatrist needs to be the smartest person on that stage. Then the show, quite literally, would have its brain.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#78re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/26/08 at 9:46pm

This is a shameless threadjack, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I just got Next to Normal tickets- right side, row M, 112 and 113. Good?

I know you. I know you. I know you.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#79re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/26/08 at 9:51pm

They'll be great. I've sat all over the theatre, and there's really not a bad seat. :)

When are you going?

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#80re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:01pm

I want to go again. lol. it was so goooood. i love their student tickets. Jordangirl- are you going again soon?
Updated On: 2/26/08 at 10:01 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#81re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:12pm

Thursday night. :)

Sadly 2econd stage think I'm too old to be a student. :P But I use broadwaybox and playbill. Though for closing I paid full price.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#82re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:39pm

I re-visited the show this evening. I last saw it at its third preview, and was anxious to see the changes. They've done a lot of work, all for the better. It still needs working on, but it's a really great product they have up there. I especially liked the way the ending is staged now, it's much tighter and makes a lot more sense than the bizarre hugging I saw last time. It's a shame this isn't going to Broadway this year, because it is still the best new musical of the season. Ripley was in fine, fine voice tonight (actually, she sounded better than she did at the early preview I saw), as was everyone else.

ETA....I was pleasantly surprised to see Anthony Rapp in the back tonight, still vociferously taking notes throughout the show. That gives me hope that there is some future for this show somewhere, because they're still working on it. Updated On: 2/26/08 at 10:39 PM

snl89
#83re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/26/08 at 10:50pm

ETA....I was pleasantly surprised to see Anthony Rapp in the back tonight, still vociferously taking notes throughout the show. That gives me hope that there is some future for this show somewhere, because they're still working on it.

hehe, I think Anthony's usually there, isn't he? It's one of the many perks of seeing the show re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22) He's SO adorable in person, just for the record. And SO sweet. I lurve him. Aaand he personalized the autograph he gave me with my name! I know that's not all THAT rare, but like.. there aren't too many Broadway people who do that, in my experience at least. Though I suppose it's cause it wasn't really a stage door situation. If was me and my mom going up to him in the back of the theater (me completely bright red), and going "hey! Amazing show!! would it be possible to get an autograph?".

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Videos