News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)

Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#1Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:23pm

I just got a ticket for tomorrow night's show on a whim. Anyone going to be there?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:03pm

I'll miss you by a night. I saw it tonight and I'll see it Saturday night. I figured 3 in a row was a little excessive. LOL.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

TheatreDiva612
#2re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:32pm

lol. did you love it? How much were your tickets? I got the youth ones on their website for $34.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#3re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:35pm

It was my 6th time ~ I'm a little attached. LOL. Tonight was tdf ~ $29 including the fee. Saturday is the $48 broadwaybox code. Even though my school considers me a full-time grad student, I'm over 2nd Stage's age limit for students by a few years. re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)

Enjoy it!! It's a wonderful show!!

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

TheatreDiva612
#4re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:39pm

Oh that sucks! Damn. I should have checked TDF. I'm a member, too.... But I am in Row A... is that too close?

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#5re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:43pm

I was there yesterday.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#6re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:51pm

I've seen it from all over. I like row A. You're not looking up the whole time, and you're right there. :) Have a blast!

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#7re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 8:09am

Ohhh you're row A!? I sat there on Wednesday and it was amazing you are going to be in shock the entire time because you don't have to look up and you feel like you are part of the show! Enjoy it!

greenmyeyes Profile Photo
greenmyeyes
#8re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:14am

i just got a job at second stage and start tonight! perhaps you will see me observing my co-workers in the lobby before the show!

i can't wait to see how it is

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#9re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:22am

Chris & I will be there tommorow at 2 pm matinee with fellow 3 BWWers...say "hi" to us...when you see us! re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)

heads up: I will be wearing my eye glasses tommorow (not my contact lens) and wear a shirt & a tie...so I wont really look like my avatar.. its the "nerdy jay" persona tommorow!

Jordy- Youre seeing this show too much! Why dont we see this show again next weekend.. I'll get the tickets! (but w/o her knowledge .. I will buy tixs Passing Strange..so she'll get a chance to see another show! re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)

J*

Updated On: 2/22/08 at 11:22 AM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#10re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 11:29am

I'm scoring alternate assessment datafolios next weekend ~ so I'm only available for evening shows.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

broadwayrules  Profile Photo
broadwayrules
#11re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 1:57pm

Is there a chance they are going to make a CD? I've heard some of the music and I really liked it, but I won't be able to see it.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#12re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 2:21pm

quick question: what's the best color for my marker for autographs for this one? blue? pink? yellow? no black please.. so I can pack my marker tonite... let me know what you think?

re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)

Thanks

J*
Updated On: 2/22/08 at 02:21 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#13re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 2:23pm

Blue. :) Actually any will work. I used blue on the poster and...sort of fuschia on the playbill (it was what I pulled out of my bag...since I teach I have a collection of all kinds of colors).

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#14re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 2:24pm

Ohh, pink would look awesome.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

snl89
#15re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:04pm

Is there a chance they are going to make a CD? I've heard some of the music and I really liked it, but I won't be able to see it.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that a CD shall be made, yes :) I'm just praying they'll make it soon!! hehe

The ONLY problem with them making the CD now is that if the show comes to Broadway in 2009 or whatever, there would be some changes I'd imagine. Not a big deal, but it's just I know with Spring Awakening it always annoys me that the changes they made (particularly with Song of Purple Summer) aren't on the CD.

But honestly I do NOT want them to wait, because if the show DOESN'T ever get to Broadway, I don't want the recording to be forgotten about. And I also don't want them to pull a Bare stunt and have a different cast for the recording (not that I don't really enjoy the Bare recording, I just have too much of an attachment to the off Broadway cast for that show as well as NtN lol)

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#16re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:08pm

I'll try to remember to ask about a cast recording tomorrow night.

As far as changes...they did do 2 Grey Gardens cast recordings, so it's been done before.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

snl89
#17re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:13pm

^yeah, that would be ideal. Make one now so that we can satisfy our obsession with the show with a good prosessional recording, but then make a new one if it gets to Broadway, complete with all changes and such :P

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#18re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:37pm

Works for me! :)

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#19re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:43pm

moi aussi.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#20re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:56pm

okay. people.. i need opinion...

Pls vote....

number 1 , 2, 3 or 4 ?

thanks

J*
Updated On: 2/22/08 at 03:56 PM

snl89
#21re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 3:58pm

They're all very purty!! re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22) but umm.. blue, maybe?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#22re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:31pm

I am postponing my day trip tommorow... Its snowing crazy here in Boston tonite and probably till tommorow morning that would turn to rain. we are not going to make it tommorow going to NYC for the 2 pm matinee...

aliciag- sorry... I will miss your birthday...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY on N2N.

Rytoast & BrianIdol- I left you guys a message on your facebook...

Well reschedule it on 3/8.. Sorry. I dont wanna take a chance driving down or taking the bus..if the roads are going to be slippery!!

I'm staying home .. I will find something in Boston..like The Lyric Stage's THE SCENE...

J*
Updated On: 2/22/08 at 06:31 PM

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#23re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:40pm

Anyone know where I can find some clips of the music online? This show really intrigues me but I know I wont be able to make it to its current run.

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

snl89
#24re: Next To Normal (tomorrow night, 2/22)
Posted: 2/22/08 at 6:45pm

*cough*youtube*cough* :) (just search "Next to Normal")

aaand there may or may not be some more videos coming up at whatever point my computer decides to stop being a pain in my arse and actually upload youtube videos correctly haha (it keeps freezing halfway through the uploading process argg)

Updated On: 2/22/08 at 06:45 PM

Videos